Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

sree

IF-Rockerz

sree

Posted: 20 May 2005 at 7:11am | IP Logged

Hi Friends

AS you all know, we have introduced a Weekly Discussion Topic in this section. A very warm thanks to all the members who replied to last week's Topic. This is an appeal to all members to actively take part in this discussion every week. We can get to know various view points on one aspect, can get some generalised views on certain situations and above all, can develop a good and healthy relationship between us.

So, here we are, introducing this week's Discussion Topic to you all...

We all know that AStha and Sia are just aware of their real parentage. In Sia's case, she just knows that her parents are somebody else. Last week, we saw the extreme ways in which AStha and Sia reacted when they got to know of their real parentage.

So, the topic of this week is : What are the qualities that AStha and Sia have inherited from their respective parents? Discuss in detail drawing comparison from parent to child.

Hope this topic draws the attention of all "AStitvans". Looking forward to comments on this from one and all....

Signing off

Moderator and Viewbie Team, IF

Edited by sree_20 - 24 May 2005 at 7:19am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Qualities inherited by AStha and Sia!!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

vvrsun

vvrsun

Posted: 20 May 2005 at 7:32am | IP Logged

Again, as I have said elsewhere in this forum, behaviour is not inherited from parental genes.

If, as the director insists on showing, and as everybody here also feels the same that genetic factors decide character and behavior, here's my 2 cents worth!

Astha (Gudiya) is more emotional because both her biological parents let their hearts rule rather than their minds. Both act and then, if at all, think later.

Sia (Astha) has firm convictions, a determined young lady, but also soft hearted, exactly like Simran. Probably inherited more of her mother's genes as Simran was more dominant!

Sorry! have no time for more at present ...

scorpio_pk

scorpio_pk

Posted: 20 May 2005 at 11:34am | IP Logged
I think Sia and Aastha both are the same , its only the nature of a person which can differ them from each other.Even every child (born and raised by their real parents) have different nature although they have the same genes from the partents.

Since Sia is a cool minded girl and she is taking every step very carefully but still she hurt her "so called " mother who raised her up as a confident, bold and understanding girl.

Aastha is a very emotional girl who always take decisions so quickly but always realise her mistakes after some time. Whatever she is doing is just a part of her emotional nature ( nothing to do with the genes ,i guess)and soon she will realise that she should'nt misbehave with Simran.

Both Aastha and Sia are showing the sudden reaction of knowing the fact that they have not been raised by their biological parents.

Edited by scorpio_pk - 20 May 2005 at 11:52am

shiverz

Goldie

shiverz

Posted: 21 May 2005 at 2:30am | IP Logged

Well, I think that after both Astha and Sia found out that their mothers were not their true biological mothers, by seeing both of their reactions we could identify some major differences in their personalities.

Astha reacted quite rashly and immaturely, saying she no longer wanted to talk to Simran or anyone that had raised her that was not biologically related to her. At times, Neha was also a bit rash and immature, acting immediately on her feelings.

On the other hand, when Sia found out, she was shocked but did not act as impulsively as Astha. Although Sia could have reacted to the situation in a similar manner as Astha did, she instead handled the situation quite maturely, and did not try to run from the woman who raised her, like Astha. Also, Sia remained or has remained relatively calm and understanding throughout. Simran also reacted similarly to most of the similar situations in her life.

So I guess in a sense, both girls have displayed some similar qualities as their respective parents.

jingle

IF-Veteran Member

jingle

Posted: 22 May 2005 at 8:10am | IP Logged

What are the qualities that AStha and Sia have inherited from their respective parents? Discuss in detail drawing comparison from parent to child

astha and sia have inherited one quality in common from abhi is to fight for justice,sia that is the real astha is more philosophical in nature and more focused to achive her goal in life just like simren and her liking towards art,photography r inheritd from abhi

coming to astha the daughter of neha she has developed her liking towards movies from her granny and her sensitiveness and and insecure feeling from her mom neha

Dianne

Groupbie

Dianne

Posted: 22 May 2005 at 2:33pm | IP Logged

SIA:
I see Sia's hastiness to react to emotions of the heart (where Anand is concerned) as probably mirroring that of her father in his younger days.  Remember in the beginning, he was quite passionate for Simran, but that fizzled out when Kiran came into the picture.  We see Sia adamant about her feelings and taking the initiative to reach out to Abhi, whereas Simran would have adopted a more passive approach and let the person of her interest come to her.

As far as her logical thinking and sense of reasoning, she has the qualities that Simran has portrayed. I think the storyline mimics the past of the older core characters. In the past, we see the love triangle with Neha, Simran and Abhi, where Simran unknowingly causes Neha to get jealous. In the present, we see love triangle with Sia, Astha and Sid where Sia unknowingly causes Astha to get jealous. 

(I would like to say though that for me, the actress who portrays Sia does not appeal to me as much. She does not have a strong likeable presence where the audience immediately embraces her. I think they could have done a better job with finding another actress for the role).

ASTHA:
Astha definintely has inherited all the insecure feelings that her mother had. Despite being showered with love her whole life, she is not confident in herself and in is quick to loose trust of those around her.  She appears to be loving and cheerful in her comfort zone, but outside of that, she is terribly insecure and reacts without consideration. 

I think she inherited that part of her that does not care the consequences of her actions, from Abhi. Even in the past, when Neha was disturbed and hurt, she would bare her burdens silently, or talk it out with her mother or friend. Astha simply reacts first, lashes out and hurts others.  Abhi was very much the same by hurting Simran and his father is different instances.

(My opinion of the actress who plays Astha - I think she conveys the character of the person well. She comes across as being spirited, spoilt, quick tempered, insecure etc...It is obvious that her character will experience an 'awakening' at some point. It will be interesting to see how she handles the maturity of that role.)

anitamanns

anitamanns

Posted: 22 May 2005 at 8:14pm | IP Logged

Behaviour is definately not genetic. It is picked up from the enviorment. Children's behaviour is a reflection of their parents. There is a wonderful parentling book called "HOW TO BEHAVE SO YOUR CHILDREN WILL TOO" and i think the title says it all.

But here in the case of Gudiya Asatha.. she is a direct product of being a spoilt child. Simran may have all the qualites that we think are great etc. But when you spoil your child as has been apparently shown in the serial than the immature reaction that we see is also expected.

Sia Asatha on the other hand was brought up well..or so it seems..we don't get much indication of that..  she reacts as expected with the desire to find her roots but when it came to not hurting her mom.. when she was ill she agreed to stay back ... she left when she found that she had been manipulated. No body will stand for that definately not a grown up child..adopted or otherwise. 

*Anjali*

IF-Dazzler

*Anjali*

Posted: 22 May 2005 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
This topic brings up an interesting issue.  The "nature vs. nurture" debate is a long-standing debate.  This is the debate on whether children get their personality characteristics as a result of their genetic makeup (nature) or their environment (nurture).  There have been a lot of psychological studies (i.e. twin studies with identical twins who have been separated for years to test the nature theory) and the general consensus by researchers is that it's a combination.  You are who you are partially because of genetics and partially because of how you were brought up (your environment). 

I personally believe it is a combination of both things.

For example, I feel Sia has gotten her spontaneous, brash behavior from her father (Abhi).  Abhimanyu had serious relationships with 3 women (kiran, simran, neha).  His marriage to Simran was quite spontaneous and at a time when he wasn't mature enough for the responsibilities of marriage.  He went through with the act of getting married without consideration of the consequences (i.e being there for Simran when she was pregnant), all a result of his hasty decision (although his immaturity played a huge role in it too).  Similarly, his daughter Sia, like him, fell  in love with an older man (which happens to be him....ConfusedConfusedLOL) and without regard for the consequences of this love is totally blind in her feelings.

Sia also has the determination of her mother.  She was absolutely determined to find the killer of her two friends, something which Simran would have done if in her situation as well.

I'm not sure if they've shown the woman who brought Sia up in London (???...I missed part of the show, so I might have missed this), so I can't comment on whether her environment has shaped up who she is, but I'm sure it did play a role as well.

AStha:

Astha's behavior is very much dictated by her real mother and father.  She is also very brash in her actions.  She also gets very insecure like Neha did. She is very possesive about her relationships, whether it's her mother or her friend Sonu. 

As anitamanns mentioned, Aastha (Gudiya)'s behavior is also a major consequence of the spoilt environment she was brought up in. Simran,  who herself was not a spoilt child, has brought up her child (well not exactly her child Wink) in a totally different way.  While Simran does teach Aastha the value of hard work and dedication, she does let a lot of things go and as a result Aastha became very spoiled.  So, being that Aastha had Neha and Abhimanyu for parents and was brought up as a spoilt child, it is no wonder that she acts the way that she does! LOL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.