Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chibisuke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: PhenoixTears

In the end, Khushi only forgave Arnav so we are to hold grudges against him, still he was wrong and whatever he did was way away from sanity. Total "SHAITAN" in Khushi's term but I agree with you, his world was totally twisted. So coming back to "IF ONLY" it was very beautiful, you wrote it exceptionally well. Description of Arnav's inner thoughts were awesome. In the end I was like "Aww, If only Arnav trusted on his love and discussed with her about his feelings & doubts" (I know then show would have ended in Feb only instead of Nov 😆)  Really very nice update, loved it. 

I know!! At least the CV's didn't spoil the show too much by adding different dramas!! (No offence to anyone who writes/loves dramas, I do too, its just that I want to keep Arnav and Khushi's love story simple).

Khushi was an epitome of magnanimity, her love could overshadow anthing and everything else. So, yes, if she forgave Arnav, who are we to judge?

I am thrilled you like this story!!!
sk2405 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
You know that part towards the end- "If only..." is the highlight. It creates an entire whirlpool of emotions inside you.
And then the way they read hurt in each other's eyes, with just a mere glance, I wonder how can they ever misunderstand each other.

But again "If only..." they realized what the other means to the person.

I so loved it ! 😊Edited by sk2405 - 10 years ago
Downhill thumbnail
simply brilliant.loved itc
ssyahoo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I really enjoyed this OS as well, even though I thought that I would never sympathize with Arnav. We know that Khushi's pain did bother him, even though he tried to hide that fact from her. Can't wait to read more of your writing.
chibisuke thumbnail

Originally posted by: BARUNODAYA

Res
~unres~
there is so many "if only's" like this..
It made me emotional.. 😭
if only the world make him believe that there is no true love in the world
if only he hold onto trust the girl who bring back him from ASR to arnav
if only he hadnt called her characterles..
If only he can see the unconditional love that was there always for him.. 😭

Thank you for liking what I wrote.. ðŸ˜³
I know that one short story can not begin to encompass the 'if only's' he had in his life. But I tried my best to bring forth the fact that people act out in different ways due to different reasons.

I am glad you could pick up on that fact!! ðŸ˜ƒ
chibisuke thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anarocksick

Res :-)
I'll edit this soon!
-------------
Edited: Oh, this was as good as Khushi's POV! I really, really liked it.
You're quite right, this has been done a lot of times - explanation of Arnav's behaviour etc etc. But never has it seemed so real to me. Reading this, I totally bought his side of story. I could feel his confusion, and his inner turmoil, and the difference between his inner character and outer facade.

It was nice to read how he wanted to Khushi to fall in love with him, and yet he blamed himself for her not being able to do so. He considers himself to be good enough for her? He compares himself to Shyam? He thinks nobody can truly fall in love with him?
You know, these are some of the things nobody has ever pointed out before, well many have, but not in this way, not with pointing out the exact details.

I love how you've picked the very intricate detailed depth of their feelings from the show.

You know, I'm actually really bored of reading the stories which have a lot to do with dialogues/story/characterization of the show (IPK)? But these, your If Only OSs make me want go back and live it all over again.

I'm so happy that you'll be continuing this. Can't wait to read more.

Hey Pocahontas! (I hope you don't mind me calling you that)

A part of me, a significant part, I must say, gets reflected in the way I write the If Only's. Specially when I wrote Arnav's if only..
I wished to point out one thing.. If he had someone in his life, older than him in years and experience, to tell him he was loved, to gently point out his mistakes and lead by example, he would have been a different man.
And that's true of all of us. All we need, sometimes, is a kind, caring guide.
And you understood that. You understood what I was trying to do with this shot.
Thank you so much for that!! ðŸ˜ƒ

Thank you for liking what I wrote! It amazes me that wonderful writers like you think I write well! ðŸ˜³

Will be writing soon!!!

chibisuke thumbnail

Originally posted by: sk2405

You know that part towards the end- "If only..." is the highlight. It creates an entire whirlpool of emotions inside you.
And then the way they read hurt in each other's eyes, with just a mere glance, I wonder how can they ever misunderstand each other.

But again "If only..." they realized what the other means to the person.

I so loved it ! 😊

Absolutely true!
We all have our If Only's. A few lucky ones get to live their If Only's.

And the closer you are to a person, the easier it is to lose sight of who they are. (Sorry, I'm in a full-on philosophical mode. I don't know if you get what I mean! 😆)

Thanks for the comment!!
chibisuke thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssyahoo

I really enjoyed this OS as well, even though I thought that I would never sympathize with Arnav. We know that Khushi's pain did bother him, even though he tried to hide that fact from her. Can't wait to read more of your writing.

Thank you so much for liking this shot and commenting!
It does me a lot of good, to know seasoned writers like you read what I write!  ðŸ˜Š

Thanks!!!
Anarocksick thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: hmtxyz

Hey Pocahontas! (I hope you don't mind me calling you that)

A part of me, a significant part, I must say, gets reflected in the way I write the If Only's. Specially when I wrote Arnav's if only..
I wished to point out one thing.. If he had someone in his life, older than him in years and experience, to tell him he was loved, to gently point out his mistakes and lead by example, he would have been a different man.
And that's true of all of us. All we need, sometimes, is a kind, caring guide.
And you understood that. You understood what I was trying to do with this shot.
Thank you so much for that!! ðŸ˜ƒ

Thank you for liking what I wrote! It amazes me that wonderful writers like you think I write well! ðŸ˜³

Will be writing soon!!!

Ha ha. You call me Pocahontas if you want. I don't mind at all. Why would I? She's strong and she's beautiful!

"A part of me, a significant part, I must say, gets reflected in the way I write the If Only's"

I believe you write the best when you write something which you have experience of or truly believe in. As a new writer...I've come to accept these as the main terms and conditions for writing. 

"If he had someone in his life, older than him in years and experience, to tell him he was loved, to gently point out his mistakes and lead by example, he would have been a different man.
And that's true of all of us. All we need, sometimes, is a kind, caring guide."

Very rightly put! I agree with each word here. :-)

You're welcome :-). And I'm not that wonderful a writer *rolls eyes*. He he. Looking forward to read more.

MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Amazing! I loved ASR's pov! Very well written.