•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

sorry if anyone has posted before

Sab's big new property Maahi Ve had me hooked recently. Surprising in a way considering that the soap had a rather garish looking Archana Puran Singh dressed in what looked like a Bunty & Babli outfit, chatting up viewers in her unique, rustic Punjabi style. Though I'd heard about the soap, somehow I never got down to watching it but Archana managed to keep me tuned.

Though from the episode I saw I couldn't figure out much of the story, in all it looked like a package deal of family, women, emotions, culture and the joys of a family wanting to rediscover their roots. Looks like the channel after being relaunched under the Sony Entertainment umbrella is at it - with the tried and tested formula which works in the Indian context.

Amongst the cast, Karishma Randeva stands out as Preeto. I remember her as Sonu in Ekta's Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki and later a frizzy haired Dollie. I also remember seeing her in Rabba Ishq Na Hove. Must say the bubbly lively actress has come a long way from her gawky Sonu days.

As far as the channel strategy goes, looks like they are trying to go the Star One way. Alternate programming, with younger protagonists, for the alternate audiences.

Coming back to Archana Puran Singh, caught up with her again on Kuch Kuch Hota Hain (KKHH) on Set Max. Must say, this perky actress can pull it off on different fronts; be it as an supporting actress, an anchor, or just with her comic histrionics in films. Having watched her closely since her Jalwa days and now recently on Nach Baliye with husband Parmeet Sethi, I think Archana rocks all the way.