Joined: 10 October 2011
Neck pain (or Cervical Pain) is a common medical condition, with two-thirds of the population having neck pain at some point in their lives. Joint disruption in the neck creates pain, as doe's joint disruption in the upper back. Neck pain may also arise from many other physical and emotional health problems. Pain can come from a number of disorders and diseases of any tissues in the neck, such as degenerative disc disease, neck strain, whiplash, a herniated disc, or a pinched nerve.
Symptoms of Neck pain is commonly associated with dull aching. Sometimes pain in the neck is worsened with movement of the neck. Other symptoms include numbness, tingling, tenderness, sharp shooting pain, fullness, difficulty swallowing, pulsations, swishing sounds in the head, dizziness or lightheadedness, and gland swelling.
Treatment of Neck pain depends on its precise cause. Treatment options include rest, heat/ice applications, traction, soft collar, traction, physical therapy (ultrasound, massage, manipulation), local injections of cortisone , topical anesthetic creams, topical pain patches, muscle relaxants, analgesics, and surgical procedures. Exercises: In the active part of physical therapy, your therapist will teach you various exercises to work on your flexibility, strength, stability, and range of motion (how easily your joints move). Your physical therapy program is individualized, taking into consideration your health and history. Your exercises may not be suitable for another person with neck pain.
Types of orthopedic pillows:
1) Cervical pillow : A sleep pillow with a curved design that adapts to
head, neck and shoulder contour for back sleepers and side sleepers. Relieves
neck pain, frozen shoulder, stiff neck and headaches. Helps release breathing
airways to reduce snoring and sleep apnea symptoms.
2) Neck pillow or travel pillow: Pillow designed as a horseshoe for the neck contour to be use in the office and mostly on board, therefore it receives the name of travel pillow since they are mostly used by travelers to keep their neck straight while sleeping sitting up
3) Pillows and Mattress made of Memory Foam, a heat sensitive material that can acquire the shape of the body lying upon it. It may or may not recover its original shape immediately when the body is removed from the pillow.
To prevent neck pain you should take good care of your body and practice healthy habits
• Reduce your stress and tension
• Sit and stand properly
• Exercise both your neck and body regularly
• Attain and maintain a healthy weight
• Stop smoking
• Eat healthy and get enough calcium
• Lift heavy items safely
• Wear a seat belt
• Use proper sports equipment
Cervical Pain or neck pain
Author: backrx Replies: 0 Views: 402
|backrx||0||402||20 February 2013 at 11:51pm by backrx|
Pain in the lower back - common concern
Author: backrx Replies: 0 Views: 459
|backrx||0||459||13 November 2011 at 11:24pm by backrx|
it works - neck exercise
Author: ..imperfect.. Replies: 0 Views: 832
|..imperfect..||0||832||11 August 2009 at 6:31pm by ..imperfect..|
Author: Enchanted1 Replies: 1 Views: 475
|Enchanted1||1||475||07 August 2007 at 1:50pm by CuteFairy91|
Popular Channels :
Quick Links :