Posted: 10 years ago
wow..that is one superb piece..easily one of your best OS

a dream of happy future together after seeing the war atrocities..a dream that was cruelly punctuated by grim reality..

loved all the relationships..Rishabh-Madhu, the twins..father daughter..father in law with his hoity toity son in law..admixed with the ugly truth of experiences in war..experiences that leave scars..visible and otherwise..

She survived the Afghan war only to succumb to the never ending battle at home.

PS: I dunno why but I just loved..loved the fact that Madhubala was the soldier here

Originally posted by Desire6

Jasu i hav tears n my eyes... Nd m spechless, for dis.. Ur r simply n owesome writer...words wld b less if i say 4 d way u wrote it.. PRI S RT DIS S ONE OF D BEST OS I HV READ..IT WAS SO BLISSFUL N BEGININ SO CHEERFUL ND D NEXT MOMENT.. Nd dat last line to kids.. U really made me cry;-(.. DIS IS 4U.. Muahhh ๐Ÿค— exams khatam hua kya dear? Mine s over..
Ji haan, all done. I hope yours went well.
Thank you very much Naina di (that is your name right?) I am glad you liked it that much, I am humbled.
Originally posted by RuthlessQueen

Beautiful, but a very sad OS! The beginning was so happy. I loved the twins! Argh the poor darlings! I feel so bad for them. Rishabh.. now how would he survive without the love of his life? Her father? How would he live the memory of his daughter passing away in his arms?
You should see the picketers at soldiers' funerals. Breaks my heart to see how we treat the vets. The family will never be the same without their binding glue: the soldier.
Why Donna why? ๐Ÿ˜ญ  I thought she finally got her happy ending. Her last words... I want to cry now. *Off to sulk in a corner*
Thank you Miles. I am glad you liked the OS. You know I do not believe in happies endings๐Ÿ˜† The inevitable is coming for all of us. We can only hope we go to the good place, if there is one. Death is never easy to accept.
Fantastic OS btw! 
Originally posted by -GhostOrchid-

wow..that is one superb piece..easily one of your best OS
Thank you
a dream of happy future together after seeing the war atrocities..a dream that was cruelly punctuated by grim reality..
Happiness is the calm before you plunge into the chaos of finding more happiness. It is a never ending task and we are all cursed by the Gods to achieve small victories and realize, the destination is far from reach. Enjoy the journey cause you never know when it ends. There are road blocks around every corner.
loved all the relationships..Rishabh-Madhu, the twins..father daughter..father in law with his hoity toity son in law..admixed with the ugly truth of experiences in war..experiences that leave scars..visible and otherwise..
I loved each character in here but, the colonel was my favorite. For some one who knows what lies ahead, he was brave to send his only child out to battle.
She survived the Afghan war only to succumb to the never ending battle at home.
PS: I dunno why but I just loved..loved the fact that Madhubala was the soldier here 
We often forget the women on the frontlines; the fight and they become martyrs just as much as the next soldier. I am glad you caught the message.
Originally posted by vmpy

im speechless.๐Ÿ˜ญ...u touched a different topic and it needed to b.๐Ÿ‘thanx a lot for pm.
you are welcome. I am happy you liked the story
Originally posted by zoshad3119

awesome os dear...
thank you
Originally posted by krt09

This one is fabulous yaar ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
thank you
Originally posted by girlz-rule

@DonnaHarvey: Nyc OS!!!!๐Ÿ˜Š
glad you finally caught on๐Ÿ˜† thank you
Originally posted by nikki.171

I am not a member of the MB forum. I visit it occasionally to read the written updates. The point is - I love reading OSs but THIS short yet strong and sensitibe piece conpelled me to comment. 
I am glad you liked it. I dont know how to fill up pages with text; occupational hazard really. So, my words are usually short even my FFs give up at chapter 15. Thank you.
You tug at the heart strings showing the aftermath of a war. War, no matter for what reason, is brutal and inhumane and costly to the lives of the innocent. 
A necessary evil?? I don't agree with it: not in Iraq, not in Afghanistan, not anywhere. But, it happens time and time again.
You present so many different views -'She' returns as the brave hero not 'he' and I also love how she thinks of protecting her children even in her dying moments. 
She was something I could relate to. She was something I wanted to be when I was younger. A mother cares for her children till her last breath; she was trying to shield her young ones from harm's way.
This makes me again reflect on where this world has come to. And I second you when u say the world needs a rebirth.
There is so much saving to do and not enough volunteers. Dead and the dying are a reality we overlook walking around in supermarkets picking up ticketed bags of dead meat; not knowing the flesh is dead and washed with chemicals, injected with hormones and fed on antibiotics. We are aloof.
In short- I loved it! A lot!
thank you and yes, I go off on tangents about nothing in particular.
Originally posted by aksuji

awww jasleen I love u for writing this ...I just love u soo much
I feel immense pride n a satisfaction in reading anything of this kind...
this for madhubala 
n this for u๐Ÿค—
Thank you nimmi๐Ÿค—