India-Forums

Navneet the ... (Page 4)

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 14 May 2013 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Today when Sachin was declared safe, he went & hugged Navneet.

In the narration Navneet said "whoever is my partner they will never be unsafe, eliminated" or something to that effect Dead

And I was like: this guy has grown too big for his boots! Kick him out immediately! 
Talk about oversized ego Angry Dead Dead Angry

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ahttbarbeena.thomasakku8910tastahninanusha.cochin

Chits1 IF-Stunnerz
Chits1
Chits1

Posted: 14 May 2013 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
This guy has lot of potential.He is seems to be a sukke baaz..lol..means,little boastful but otherwise,he surely has some capability.He is a good cook.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

akku8910hamzanuha

anusha.cochin IF-Rockerz
anusha.cochin
anusha.cochin

Posted: 14 May 2013 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hamzanuha

In the narration Navneet said "whoever is my partner they will never be unsafe, eliminated" or something to that effect Dead

And I was like: this guy has grown too big for his boots! Kick him out immediately! 

I  was expectng sumthng like dat from his mouth...and he lived upto my expectations Day Dreaming

akku8910hamzanuha

Redrose07 IF-Dazzler
Redrose07
Redrose07

Posted: 14 May 2013 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
This guy is the worst thing in mi,he is safe everytime by luck,he should be thrown away out of d show.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuha

..Apz.. IF-Rockerz
..Apz..
..Apz..

Posted: 14 May 2013 at 11:23pm | IP Logged

LOL I thought he said more like everybody blames him for being a bad leader and a co - cook...but its not like that as people who he supports can also winLOL

but sachin and navneet was the last grp i expected to b safeShockedLOL Congrats to sachinLOL

gckasturihamzanuha

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 1:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..Apz..

LOL I thought he said more like everybody blames him for being a bad leader and a co - cook...but its not like that as people who he supports can also winLOL

He said that too.

I usually tune out when he comes onscreeen LOL

..Apz..

gckasturi Groupbie
gckasturi
gckasturi

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 6:36am | IP Logged
To be fair, in several episodes now he has expressed that he has gotten this stigma that whoever is with him ends up losing or going out. I know a lot of people don't seem to like him, but it's not fair to put words in his mouth. He expressed some relief when his group was not out last time and mentioned that he felt the need to prove that being in his group is not automatically a bad thing. He said something similar this time, too, that hopefully now people will realize that being on his team is not automatically a sign of danger or trouble. I don't think it shows arrogance; I think it shows more someone who has developed a complex and feels relieved when a certain bad image is not perpetuated.

By the way, I'm not a great Navneet fan. I actually like Ripudaman and am hoping that he wins. However, I have noticed that a lot of people have taken a strong dislike to Navneet; some of it has been fair (especially when it came to the group chaat sale; he was a real jerk in that one and a slacker with a major attitude), but I do feel that the majority of the criticisms that I have seen here have been unfair and seem to be projecting on him an image of overconfidence and such based purely on the fact that people just don't like him (I've seen some of the comments before watching the show and have been surprised to find nothing like that in the episode).

Actually, recently I have seen the same thing about Nisha in which people have been focusing on her smile; for heaven's sake, that's her smile and a person can't really help the way that they look. Smiles and looks, I have always found, are very subjective when it comes to interpretation. If you like someone, then it's cute or sweet. If you don't like someone, then the same look becomes mean, ugly, smirky, etc.

I guess the biggest problem with MasterChef is that, unlike song and dance competitions, you really can't judge or second guess anything because we, the audience, cannot taste the food and really understand the basis for the judges' decisions. And, so I think we have to make do by focusing or looking at the person's creativity or, unfairly, their appearance and/or personality. That's a major flaw in this type of competition (not to say that appearance and personality don't creep into the other competitions, too).

Anyway, that's my opinion. Sorry for rambling so much. I've been reading a lot of these posts lately and these things have been bothering me. Normally, I try to be quiet, but I just spent all night grading final exams and submitting grades, so I'm tired and cranky... Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. It's just my opinion, just like everyone else has theirs. And, thanks for humoring me.

Edited by gckasturi - 15 May 2013 at 6:36am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NoCommentshamzanuhaChits1

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 7:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gckasturi

To be fair, in several episodes now he has expressed that he has gotten this stigma that whoever is with him ends up losing or going out. I know a lot of people don't seem to like him, but it's not fair to put words in his mouth. He expressed some relief when his group was not out last time and mentioned that he felt the need to prove that being in his group is not automatically a bad thing. He said something similar this time, too, that hopefully now people will realize that being on his team is not automatically a sign of danger or trouble. I don't think it shows arrogance; I think it shows more someone who has developed a complex and feels relieved when a certain bad image is not perpetuated.

By the way, I'm not a great Navneet fan. I actually like Ripudaman and am hoping that he wins. However, I have noticed that a lot of people have taken a strong dislike to Navneet; some of it has been fair (especially when it came to the group chaat sale; he was a real jerk in that one and a slacker with a major attitude), but I do feel that the majority of the criticisms that I have seen here have been unfair and seem to be projecting on him an image of overconfidence and such based purely on the fact that people just don't like him (I've seen some of the comments before watching the show and have been surprised to find nothing like that in the episode).

Actually, recently I have seen the same thing about Nisha in which people have been focusing on her smile; for heaven's sake, that's her smile and a person can't really help the way that they look. Smiles and looks, I have always found, are very subjective when it comes to interpretation. If you like someone, then it's cute or sweet. If you don't like someone, then the same look becomes mean, ugly, smirky, etc.

I guess the biggest problem with MasterChef is that, unlike song and dance competitions, you really can't judge or second guess anything because we, the audience, cannot taste the food and really understand the basis for the judges' decisions. And, so I think we have to make do by focusing or looking at the person's creativity or, unfairly, their appearance and/or personality. That's a major flaw in this type of competition (not to say that appearance and personality don't creep into the other competitions, too).

Anyway, that's my opinion. Sorry for rambling so much. I've been reading a lot of these posts lately and these things have been bothering me. Normally, I try to be quiet, but I just spent all night grading final exams and submitting grades, so I'm tired and cranky... Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. It's just my opinion, just like everyone else has theirs. And, thanks for humoring me.

Welcome to the forum!

Everyone's entitled to post their views & opinions on IF.

My opinion of Navneet is based on his over-confident & pompous remarks during the narration. We see him during the tasks uncertain & wilting under pressure & immediately comes the narration where he's all self-importance & over-confidence. So we see the dramebaazi.

And I watched again, the last segment where Sachin hugged him. Navneet's words were "Today, I proved that anyone partnering me is not eliminated due to me, but due to a mistake on their part". I stand corrected Embarrassed

Regarding the judging, the judges are very vague at times. At times, they'll choose taste over presentation & at times presentation over taste, i.e., acc. to their whims & fancies. They should say A has to be in A place not C place & taste like A not like M, then the viewers will know the criteria judges are following & that it is constant. 

gckasturi

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Master Chef Season 3 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index