Page 7 of 8

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 8
Page 8 Page 8

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
LOL .. they really made tht statue huh .. kill me .. i donoo where they get those ideas from hehehe

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

zephyr29

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "No Jane Austen fan? (Page 7)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

NivluvsNishal

NivluvsNishal

Posted: 12 July 2013 at 6:06am | IP Logged
Here here *raising my hand up in the air* i am her fan i read Pride and prejudice of hers for the first time and i simply loved it. Then I read other books of her but storyline is kinda similar but the characters have stronger character sketch and i love the fact that the pure love blossoms btw the lead pairs without any need of strong physical intimacy and also the fact that how leads survive all the hurdles which are mainly caused by their family members of friends Big smile

mehak_kapoor

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 12 July 2013 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aishwaryagayen

LOL .. they really made tht statue huh .. kill me .. i donoo where they get those ideas from hehehe

Well it was for the launch for some TV channel exclusively for British Drama, and  they made a poll where most voted this scene as the most memorable. Hence the statue but yeah what an idea LOL!

aishwaryagayen

-Pia-

Goldie

-Pia-

Posted: 13 July 2013 at 3:50am | IP Logged
i am jane austen fan after reading pride and prejudice when i was in class 7th and it remains one of my fav books till now,last week i took the classic version of pride and prejudice again i would never get over this book,i am hooked by elizabeth's and darcy's love story,next i am going to read emma and unforutunately our library does not have copy of  sense and sensibility,so i will have buy a copy of it.p&p will remain the classic love story of all time

tehreem.

KaranSG_01

Goldie

KaranSG_01

Posted: 08 December 2013 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Pride and Prejudice is my fav classic.
and i love her other works as well.

Linnet

Linnet

Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
I luv pride and prejudice

I luv all her books except north anger abbey

She is always strong in her opinion and decisionsTongue

Love her this trait a lot

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 09 March 2014 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Hey there's something called The Austen Project where 6 authors from UK  were chosen to give a modern take of Austen's classic novels basically to see whether the themes and issue which Austen wrote about are still relevant today or not. 
In October the 1st of these books Sense & Sensibility by Joanna Trollope came out which sets the Dashwood sisters in the 21st century. 

Here's the official website:

The modern retelling of Northanger Abbey should be out in the next few months.

I for one wouldn't mind giving a look at these books Smile

LoveToLaugh

AppleCider

AppleCider

Posted: 26 March 2014 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
I loved Pride and Prejudice. I read it a couple of years back. I was fascinated by her character development and dialogues. I still have to check out her books though. Will check them out soon.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top