No Jane Austen fan? - Page 6

Posted: 10 years ago
i am jane austen fan after reading pride and prejudice when i was in class 7th and it remains one of my fav books till now,last week i took the classic version of pride and prejudice again i would never get over this book,i am hooked by elizabeth's and darcy's love story,next i am going to read emma and unforutunately our library does not have copy of  sense and sensibility,so i will have buy a copy of it.p&p will remain the classic love story of all time
Pride and Prejudice is my fav classic.
and i love her other works as well.
I luv pride and prejudice

I luv all her books except north anger abbey

She is always strong in her opinion and decisions😛

Love her this trait a lot

Hey there's something called The Austen Project where 6 authors from UK  were chosen to give a modern take of Austen's classic novels basically to see whether the themes and issue which Austen wrote about are still relevant today or not. 
In October the 1st of these books Sense & Sensibility by Joanna Trollope came out which sets the Dashwood sisters in the 21st century. 

Here's the official website:

The modern retelling of Northanger Abbey should be out in the next few months.

I for one wouldn't mind giving a look at these books 😊
Posted: 9 years ago
I loved Pride and Prejudice. I read it a couple of years back. I was fascinated by her character development and dialogues. I still have to check out her books though. Will check them out soon.
Not a FAN. When I first read Mansfield Park(which was like 4 years ago), I loved it! But now, I don't. Wouldnt read it again. Same with Pride and Prejudice, liked it, but wouldnt read it again.. I have Emma and Sense and Sensibility at home, but I dont touch them, somehow... 

Anyways, really like some of her intelligently written dialogues. She's also one of the very few writers whom I find to be realistic. Considering the times when she wrote what she wrote, she did deserve to be a great literary figure.
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 9 years ago
I love Jane Austen!!  I'm an ardent fan!
I recommend every book that woman has ever written, without question.

My personal favs are:
Pride and Prejudice
Persuasion
Sense and Sensibility
Emma
I have read pride and prejudice, Emma n Northanger abbey. I thoroughly loved first two but didn't found last one interesting.
Meee! Haha, I guess my id makes it kinda obvious. I've read PnP so many times, and I have also read Sense and Sensibility, Emma, Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park and Persuasion. I love all of them.