Page 6 of 8

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 8
Page 7 Page 8

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:28am | IP Logged
they have an adaptation for anna karenina ?? i never got around to tht .. but i cherish tht book . my mom gifted me one of the old copies on my 15th birthday 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "No Jane Austen fan? (Page 6)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Yup it released last year with Keira as Anna, Jude Law as Karenin and Aaron Taylor Johnson as Vronsky.

I started reading Anna Karenina couple of years ago in ebook format which turned out to be a big mistake coz I found it difficult to keep track of the pages LOL. Have to get a proper book of it.

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zephyr29

Speaking of cold, even Keira used to come across as very cold to me at the start. She was nice in Pirates but I started to really appreciate her in P&P and then absolutely loved her in Atonement. Both were by Joe Wright. I have yet to see their Anna Karenina which got mixed reviews and was practically trashed in Russia. But for both of them willing to take a look.

But my favorite Elizabeth has to be Jennifer Ehle in the BBC P&P. She and Colin Firth together were so Day Dreaming.

I can watch the 1995 adaptations a million zillion times.. They are my fav PnP couple.. they fit the roles like a hand to the glove.. I like the haughty Darcy, the sensitive one was a bit too much for me to handle.. the cold , distant Darcy was more like it.. Embarrassed They are some brilliant scenes in that version esp. Liz-Darcy moments and Mrs. Bennet who was a fab.. Star

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

zephyr29

theloupgaroux

IF-Rockerz

theloupgaroux

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 7:02am | IP Logged
I love Jane Austen and mainly because she sees through people's politeness and correctness and into their true opinions and motivations. She's not afraid to call them out for their inconsistencies and absurdities. Her characters are so subtly drawn that it sometimes takes me a long while to really appreciate what makes them great. For instance, in Mansfield Park Fanny always seemed so boring and passive, but after several readings and a movie, she shines as one of the characters who has had to make the most difficult choices in her time: to openly defy her benefactor and stand by her decision not to marry into Henry. She doesn't need elaborate plot lines, exotic locales, or a whole lot of action to create the most engaging, entertaining, funny and insightful stories I have ever read. Embarrassed

While she is seeing through pretensions and absurdities, she has a soft spot in her heart for a great many of her weak or foolish characters - at least she lets them end well - like Emma and Mr. Woodhouse, Mr. Bennett, Lydia, Mary and Mrs. Bennett,& Charlotte Collins in P & P, Edmund at Mansfield Park even if he didn't notice his true love at first, silly Marianne in S and S, etc. She hardly punishes anyone, except Maria and her aunt in Mansfield Park, and Sir Walter Elliot in Persuasion. LOL

Edited by Edlyn - 15 July 2013 at 4:18am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tehreem.LethallyFloralzephyr29epiphany.

LethallyFloral

LethallyFloral

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 8:05am | IP Logged
^ Duh, and here speaks the biggest Jane Austen fanatic. LOL

I have only read Pride and Prejudice and Emma and I would to love to read more of her work because of her wit and her irony, but mostly due to her ability to remind us how to love. Heart

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tehreem.theloupgarouxzephyr29epiphany.

theloupgaroux

IF-Rockerz

theloupgaroux

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aveline

^ Duh, and here speaks the biggest Jane Austen fanatic. LOL

I have only read Pride and Prejudice and Emma and I would to love to read more of her work because of her wit and her irony, but mostly due to her ability to remind us how to love. Heart

And I thought I would never see you in a Austen thread cause you didn't like Emma when you read it first. LOL

P.S- Your Cristina Y. Signature looks pretty. You made? Embarrassed

LethallyFloral

LethallyFloral

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 8:11am | IP Logged
^ People learn to appreciate things over a period of time. Tongue

And signature? No, I didn't make it. I have deleted PS from the system. LOL I think I saw it in the gallery, it's made by epiphany. :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

theloupgarouxepiphany.

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Here's a bit of news for fans of the 1995 BBC Pride & Prejudice TV series: A 12 foot tall statue of Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy has been erected in Hyde Park, London. It marks the memorable "wet" Darcy scene where he emerges from the lake.

Here's a link of the news.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mehak_kapoor

Post Reply New Post

Go to top