Page 2 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 3 Page 8

Cup-Of-Chai

IF-Stunnerz

Cup-Of-Chai

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
I love Jane Austen! Her style of writing her novels is just extraordinary. Pride & Prejudice is one of my favorite books.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mehak_kapoor

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "No Jane Austen fan? (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 28 May 2013 at 5:44am | IP Logged
I have been a huge Austen fan since I read Sense & Sensibility at 16. I've read most of her works but Pride & Prejudice is my favorite. Her books have a pleasant, feel-good quality to them which make them such a joy to read. Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey are also pretty impressive with the latter having a slightly gothic/ghostly touch, something you don't normally associate with Austen. Emma, however, is one book I started to read but never got to finish.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

deereyedgal504epiphany.mehak_kapoor

mehak_kapoor

IF-Sizzlerz

mehak_kapoor

Posted: 28 May 2013 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
I have Emma kept in my bookshelf. Now I am wondering whether I should read it or no

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 02 June 2013 at 1:21am | IP Logged
My first Austen, like most of you was Pride and Prejudice. I have read all her books and find her witty. Her female characters are more human when compared to her male characters, who are paragons in one form or another. 

All her books are fab, Emma starts out slow but it isn't as bad. It definitely isn't PnP or SnS but is good on its own. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zephyr29mehak_kapoor

mehak_kapoor

IF-Sizzlerz

mehak_kapoor

Posted: 03 June 2013 at 3:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelirebelli

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">My first Austen, like most of you was Pride and Prejudice. I have read all her books and find her witty. Her female characters are more human when compared to her male characters, who are paragons in one form or another.</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">
</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">All her books are fab, Emma starts out slow but it isn't as bad. It definitely isn't PnP or SnS but is good on its own.</font>

I guess I will start with Emma then Smile

angelirebelli

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 03 June 2013 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mehak_kapoor

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">My first Austen, like most of you was Pride and Prejudice. I have read all her books and find her witty. Her female characters are more human when compared to her male characters, who are paragons in one form or another.</font>
</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000066">All her books are fab, Emma starts out slow but it isn't as bad. It definitely isn't PnP or SnS but is good on its own.</font>

Way to go Mehak.. I am sure this is something you wont regret Thumbs Up

Edited by angelirebelli - 03 June 2013 at 11:21pm

mehak_kapoor

rekha333

rekha333

Posted: 04 June 2013 at 7:27am | IP Logged
I am a fan of her , i like her novel pride and prejudice

mehak_kapoor

zephyr29

IF-Rockerz

zephyr29

Posted: 04 June 2013 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mehak_kapoor

</font>

Thats a good idea. Emma is actually a very good book and she is widely known to be one of the most flawed characters of Austen's works. Here the main protagonist herself is actually a grey-shaded character; She is likable but at the same time you end up disapproving her in many instances. I just never got around to finishing it as I had already watched the movie versions so the novelty had worn off.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

deereyedgal504angelirebellimehak_kapoor

Post Reply New Post

Go to top