Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

mehak_kapoor

IF-Sizzlerz

mehak_kapoor

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 3:17am | IP Logged
I was wondering, how many of ull have read Jane Austen's novel. I read pride and prejudice recently and quite liked it. I m planning to read sense and sensibility next. So any Jane Austen fan here?

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

metaphor4LinnetAppleCiderNivluvsNishalSIweirdtehreem.ShantanuSoulSamilicious..Chand_NiQuietlyLoudSanaJasmineapplesauce.epiphany.GodhuliLogonSunshine797--Udhay--The.LannisterCup-Of-Chai

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "No Jane Austen fan?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-victoRiya-

Goldie

-victoRiya-

Posted: 03 May 2013 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Here!
PP was the first classic I ever read in 8th grade and fell in love with the genre.
I m not a fan of her other books though. All are written on similar lines but the witty dialogues and characterizations are something not to pass by.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

arcoirisdeereyedgal504charminggeniemehak_kapoor

psychofool

psychofool

Posted: 04 May 2013 at 1:32am | IP Logged
pride and prejudice is my fav in the genre...and i love jane austen's work

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mehak_kapoor

alexxa

alexxa

Posted: 04 May 2013 at 2:17pm | IP Logged

Pride and Prejudice is my favorite novel as well. Read it for the first time when I was 17. Since then I have read it few times...I just love the connection/attraction between Elisabeth and Mr.Darcy!

I also liked "Emma" but, not as much as "Pride and Prejudice".

I am not a fan of Austen's other books! I have found themů bit boring! Sleepy

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AppleCider-victoRiya-mehak_kapoorCup-Of-Chai

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:46am | IP Logged
I read Pride and Prejudice in my seventh grade. I've reread it several times over after that because I never get enough of it, it's my most favorite after the Harry Potter series. I have read half of Emma as well but somehow I could never finish it. Ermm

And recently I read Sense and Sensibility which is a beautiful book. Jane Austen's books have the recurring theme of matrimony. She has produced some of the most unforgettable heroes and heroes of her time. And then there's her wit, way with comedy and sarcasm and majestic writing! From where I see it, she wasn't a creative genius as far as the themes for her books went but her characterizations are the best I have ever read. I'm a fan of hers, yes. Embarrassed

Edited by epiphany. - 09 April 2014 at 6:04am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

silverbutterflymetaphor4SIweirdalexxaAppleCider-victoRiya-ShantanuSoul-Pia-bright_star89QuietlyLoudmehak_kapoorThe.Lannister--Udhay--

deereyedgal504

Goldie

deereyedgal504

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
PnP is beautifully written and the characters are by far one of the best etched. I read it back when I was in 9th..i still read it again to understand the notions and working of that period. Haven't read any of her other works though reading the synopsis the themes seem to be similar.

PnP is one of those books that would definitely stand the test of time. Literary enthusiasts shouldn't miss this one!

Edited by deereyedgal504 - 06 May 2013 at 11:04pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

alexxaShantanuSoulmehak_kapoor

mehak_kapoor

IF-Sizzlerz

mehak_kapoor

Posted: 07 May 2013 at 2:14pm | IP Logged

I m reading sense and sensibility and loving it. I hv Emma as well n will give it a try as well :-)

Originally posted by epiphany.

I read Pride and Prejudice in my seventh grade. I've reread it several times over after that because I never get enough of it, it's my most favorite after the Harry Potter series. I have half of Emma as well but somehow I could never finish it. Ermm And recently I read Sense and Sensibility which a beautiful book. Jane Austen's books have the recurring theme of matrimony. She had produced some of the most unforgettable heroes and heroes of her time. And then there's her wit, way with comedy and sarcasm and majestic writing! From where I see it, she wasn't a creative genius as far as the themes for her books went but her characterizations are the best I have ever read. I'm a fan of hers, yes. Embarrassed

epiphany.

Desichiqneez

IF-Rockerz

Desichiqneez

Posted: 10 May 2013 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
jane austen!Approve

--Udhay--

Post Reply New Post

Go to top