Posted: 10 years ago
Hi guys...πŸ˜ƒ I had this thoughts when I went to sleep last night. πŸ˜‰ Couldnt sleep due to the heat😑 LOLZπŸ˜† (Just wish Rains come soonerπŸ€”)

Anyway. So this is my basic analysis that might bore u lol...πŸ˜† Accha accha not a pathshal bhashan relax!!πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜‰

The thing is, I noticed that the parenting skills of both the families are contradictory... And the Ahuja parents are so so so confused that I run away from the TV whenever their scenes comeπŸ˜†πŸ˜› (Kidding, feel like)πŸ˜†

When the serial started, we saw a mad version of Pinki. Just because her sister Sweety told her something, she assumed that her daughter was running away. She came home and reacted so negatively like a banshee queen...Yet the Ahujas say they are liberal... When Raashi wanted a separate bday, not only did the ahuja gangajamuna ma baap misunderstand her, they also supported Raavi, calling her pricess etc... Ugh! Which liberal parents do that??? My own parents, though strict, are liberal in their own ways- they would never do this!!

Whereas the Alhuwalis are actually balanced. They are both strict and liberal. Sweety sometimes is annoying but as Lucky to make her understand and Vice Versa. Rocky and Ginny are not really spoilt like the Ahuja children. Its because of Sweety's handling. The drams teacher and the rock concert incidents and Rocky-Ginny's sneaking off wt lies showed lots of reality. They are real...

The Ahujas live in eutopia. They understand the Alhuwalia children more and when it comes to the three Ahuja Bandars, all ganga jamuna comes out, with that OH-HO background song... They dont really know how to handle their own kids- The three are actually spoilt. They are good kids but they are spoilt.

The exams for example showed Jeet as an over concerned father, Pinky as an overconfident mother, Raavi as a haughty, pining away, sulky girl. Well I may be wrong, chappals may be thrown at me, but true to say- I was in same position as Raavi academics wise. But my parents handled it better. I listened to dad, however much old his methods are. I listened to mom only in areas where i knew she is right. Raavi is no ideal child her parents portray her as.😑

Another instance of Ahujas ideal of supreme suffering- the eve teasing track. Had Nanu not interfered,  Pinky and Jeet would have continued their picture of suffering. All they did was cry, pine away, blame themselves as failed parents (where is this coming from in context of eveteasing?) On the other hand the Alhuwalias showed a presence of mind- already ready with the culprit's address!!!πŸ‘

Well guys. What do u say? Lets analyse each track and constructively compare Ahujas with Alhuwalis...

Not that the Alhuwalias are perfect- Am not biased at all!! they had their share of faults. But if u realise, the Alhuwalias have emerged, have changed, have progressed, have made small steps forward, with many big changes. They continue making mistakes- But dont pine away and whine away...

NOW YOUR SAY GUYS!!πŸ˜ƒ Will add more when more comes to my head!!πŸ˜†

Don't talk about heat, temps already getting mid 40s here. 

The lack of consistencies in the characters have been a recurring problem of mine regarding the show. People used to be something else, and some are now something else. Guest characters have taken U turns in character in an episode sometimes. Mandira track comes to mind.

Ahujas claim to be liberal but their talk is big while actions display something else. Pinky gets hysterical in every situation. They couldn't even handle a teen crush. I wouldn't call them much liberal. Though they do give freedom to their kids to put their points. Jeet has always been a good parent, IMO. He handles both Pinky and the children. He is the firm feet of the family.

In Ahluwlaias, Lucky does the job of Jeet. Instead of hysterical Pinky, we have fierce Sweety here. Her I-am-always-right attitude is the biggest problem. Not letting the kids speak their mind, not analysing the situation before going on a rant etc. While Lucky handles things well, lets the kids talk, handles Sweety as well, and tries to find a middle ground so that everyone is happy.

Thus I find both families balanced, but neither to be perfect. But then, can parenting ever be perfect? My favorites are the dads though.
As to the change as parent, I find Jeet has remained more or less stable. Pinky has gone progressively worse. Lucky has shone, I have had much more admiration for him recently. Sweety's graph goes up and down, but have found her good recently. Edited by Freethinker112 - 10 years ago
Very well written Suhaani. 😊

Good points FT. Will share my views once I reach home.
Expect a long reply for sureπŸ˜†
^ No problem, I am no stranger to long posts. πŸ˜†
Do not talk about the heat. I am not able to sleep in the nights now😑 And because of that the entire day I have headache

Coming to the point.

Ahujas consider themselves to be sensible parents who are perfect. They say they understand their kids and react accordingly. But throughout all the tracks they have not stood up to what they said. 

Pinky has always been hysterical and over reacts without thinking. She believes whatever is said by others about her children. She is never strong when it comes to crisis situations. Kids have to take care of her rather than vice versa. She is not capable of taking any major decisions. 

Jeet was sensible earlier. He used to understand his kids and have good talks with them. But he sticks to his point and takes long time to understand the other side. He is not very open about what he thinks. He wants the kids to understand him also. But lately, probably from Deejay track Jeet needs help in his decisions. He needs someone to say he is doing right. 

Ahujas are definitely very inconsistent. Jeet-Pinky themselves get into so many arguments because of which the kids are stranded in the middle. They become too serious for even the smallest of the issue. 

Ahluwalias on the other side have their share of weakness too. But they learn from their mistakes quickly and never stop from apologising to their kids. 

Sweety also over reacts like Pinky, but she thinks and over reacts. She wants all of them to follow her rules(there are some good rules too) but is not ready to compromise on them even for a small thing. Kids sometimes feels like prisoners because of this. She mostly understands her kids and at times when she does not, Lucky helps her out.

Lucky gained a lot of respect from me from Kidnapping track and the recent Rinku track. He is calm and composed and does not care if anyone shouts at him. He patiently listens and then makes the other side understand. Kids are close to Sweety also because he has always cleared the misunderstandings. He may get careless at times but Sweety is there to keep check. Kids feel comfortable sharing their point with him with no fear.

Ahluwalias are more balanced. Parents help each other out when misunderstandings occur. Any one of the parent keeps cool if other loses control. Kids can always find shelter under one parent all the time.

For eg: Take the time when everyone came to know abt the nakli circular kids made. How did all the 4 react?

Pinky: Surprisingly did not over react as her kids were not involved much. But she stood helpless when Jeet did not speak to Raashi.
Jeet: He gives silent punishment which hurts kids more. I think he shud be more open. He was hurt that Raashi was involved too, but the way he did not speak with Raashi as punishment. I somehow did not like it.
Sweety: SLAP! SHOUT! DoneπŸ˜† 
Lucky: Calm! Took Rocky alone and spoke to him and made him realise. It was a matured talk.

So for me..I like Lucky's style of parenting. He is more open with kids, kids feel free to share their views with him. He maintains the balance also. 

Phew!!!LOOONG POSTTT!!a
Shweta!!πŸ€— U spoke just what I wanted to say!!!😳 Edited by suhaani.cidmjht - 10 years ago
πŸ˜† I  feel than the leading males character are much better than ladies
@Suhaani...I wrote so much for ur post...and u end it was just a hug??πŸ˜† 
Originally posted by nirmita

πŸ˜† I  feel than the leading males character are much better than ladies

Very trueπŸ˜†