Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Chachachoudhury

Chachachoudhury

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 1:26am | IP Logged
I like Yoona.She is so cute.
I am wanting to watch it only because of her is it good enough.
How is it

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How is Love Rain" in Asian Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kshows_fangirl

Goldie

kshows_fangirl

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
It is one of the most romantic K shows I have watched...Bittersweet romance, happy and sad romance, it has got all shades of romance in there...My 3rd K show I watched, and I have watched it like 5 times, and the chemistry is perfect...As, it goes by the title, rain signifies romance, pain, separation and soulmates...I don't think that you will regret watching it...:)

Edited by nikita59 - 02 May 2013 at 7:16pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chachachoudhury

sweetsorrow18

IF-Rockerz

sweetsorrow18

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
I have the complete opposite opinion from nikita (haha sorry girl!) 

I stopped watching probably 5 episodes in - it was pretty boring in my opinion, I didn't feel the chemistry between Yoona and Geun Suk not to mention Geun Suk just looked WAY too pretty and girly in this drama~ almost like he was rivaling Yoona's beauty lol but aside from that, I lost interest pretty quickly due to the slow pace and lack of chemistry, the storyline isn't anything too deep or profound in my opinion - its a simply love story with some past and present thrown in. I really liked the cinematography (the use of rain was so pretty) however not much besides that. I think Seo In Guk was the saving grace of the show (absolutely loved him as Geun Suk's nerdy friend haha ps. if you haven't seen Reply 1997 with Seo In Guk HIGHLY recommend that!)

I would say give it a shot, nikita really liked it and you might too. This drama didn't really suit my taste but thats the beauty of asian dramas, they vary so much from person to person!

On a different note, theres a movie (very famous in Korean) with a similar use of story and rain thats absolutely amazing and worth watching called "The Classic" with Sun Ye Jin - now THIS is a must watch Smile

Edited by sweetsorrow18 - 02 May 2013 at 8:35pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Chachachoudhurykshows_fangirlDebolina.

kshows_fangirl

Goldie

kshows_fangirl

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweetsorrow18

I stopped watching probably 5 episodes in - it was pretty boring in my opinion, I didn't feel the chemistry between Yoona and Geun Suk not to mention Geun Suk just looked WAY too pretty and girly in this drama~ almost like he was rivaling Yoona's beauty lol but aside from that, I lost interest pretty quickly due to the slow pace and lack of chemistry, the storyline isn't anything too deep or profound in my opinion - its a simply love story with some past and present thrown in. I really liked the cinematography (the use of rain was so pretty) however not much besides that. I think Seo In Guk was the saving grace of the show (absolutely loved him as Geun Suk's nerdy friend haha ps. if you haven't seen Reply 1997 with Seo In Guk HIGHLY recommend that!)

I would say give it a shot, nikita really liked it and you might too. This drama didn't really suit my taste but thats the beauty of asian dramas, they vary so much from person to person!

On a different note, theres a movie (very famous in Korean) with a similar use of story and rain thats absolutely amazing and worth watching called "The Classic" with Sun Ye Jin - now THIS is a must watch Smile

yeah i agree everyone's tastes are different. But, you are right, it takes a while to get into Love Rain, b/c honestly even i thought the episodes were boring in the start, but then i really got into it...And, yes I don't know why the shows make up artists always end op making Geun Suk look like a girl..I am not really that much a fan of his personally, but as long as he is able to make up a great chemistry with his costar on screen, I don't mind watching him...

I would like to watch the movie you are talking about, but does it have a sad ending?

And, also are there any Korean movies that are good enough to watch but does not have a sad ending..?

sweetsorrow18

IF-Rockerz

sweetsorrow18

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikita59

yeah i agree everyone's tastes are different. But, you are right, it takes a while to get into Love Rain, b/c honestly even i thought the episodes were boring in the start, but then i really got into it...And, yes I don't know why the shows make up artists always end op making Geun Suk look like a girl..I am not really that much a fan of his personally, but as long as he is able to make up a great chemistry with his costar on screen, I don't mind watching him...

I would like to watch the movie you are talking about, but does it have a sad ending?

And, also are there any Korean movies that are good enough to watch but does not have a sad ending..?

Haha yes, i think Geun Suk's stylists needs to be fired, the boy looks more and more girly with each passing day lol

The Classi is fantastic - it had a sweet ending, not sad, I definitely recommend it!

Yes, there's tons of great korean movies I'd recommend, some of my favs are the following:

Speedy Scandal - hilarious and funny, one of my favs
200 pounds of beauty - great rom com movie
My Sassy Girl - this one is super famous, definitely recommend it
Always - So Ji Sub and Han Hyo Joo make a beautiful pair in this movie
The Man from No Where - Won Bin got lots of accolade for it
My Tutor Friend - I love this movie!! So funny and cute, old but a classic
100 days with Mr.Arrogant - super cute, another classic must watch
Baby and Me - with Geun Suk, where he actually looks like a guy lol

I highly recommend Werewolf Boy (it recently broke major records in Korea) however doesn't have the happiest ending but i promise you won't be disappointed!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kshows_fangirl

kshows_fangirl

Goldie

kshows_fangirl

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by nikita59

Haha yes, i think Geun Suk's stylists needs to be fired, the boy looks more and more girly with each passing day lol

The Classi is fantastic - it had a sweet ending, not sad, I definitely recommend it!

Yes, there's tons of great korean movies I'd recommend, some of my favs are the following:

Speedy Scandal - hilarious and funny, one of my favs
200 pounds of beauty - great rom com movie
My Sassy Girl - this one is super famous, definitely recommend it
Always - So Ji Sub and Han Hyo Joo make a beautiful pair in this movie
The Man from No Where - Won Bin got lots of accolade for it
My Tutor Friend - I love this movie!! So funny and cute, old but a classic
100 days with Mr.Arrogant - super cute, another classic must watch
Baby and Me - with Geun Suk, where he actually looks like a guy lol

I highly recommend Werewolf Boy (it recently broke major records in Korea) however doesn't have the happiest ending but i promise you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for the list! I will definitely watch these! B/c I am very curious how K movies are! Lol, b/c K shows are excellent, so was very eager to know about K movies..:)..Thanks!!

sweetsorrow18

IF-Rockerz

sweetsorrow18

Posted: 04 May 2013 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
^ sure no problem, let me know how u like em =)

Chachachoudhury

Chachachoudhury

Posted: 05 May 2013 at 5:11am | IP Logged
I just watched 3 episodes but I must say I am into it.
It is slow but still it is likeable for me.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top