Frequent Posters

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
it depends on how you look it at
Jalandhar is for the romantic audience
Ashtanga Yog tracks for the spiritual audience
so each track is being liked
yes there is one problem though that the jumping between both the tracks is kind of annoying at times...
iut happens-its not poissible that everyone likes everything
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
You, my dear, have hit the nail right on the head, with the perfect phrase - an epic tragedy it is  exactly what it is going to be.

As I noted in my post about Jalandhar above, he is a very complex character, neither black nor white, nor even gray.  He is nobility personified, with strength and courage beyond compare, and when he is defeated,  it will not by by an opponent,but only by his own overweening pride and vaulting ambition, what the ancient Greeks used to call hubris.

As Cleopatra said to Julius Caesar, so could one say of Jalandhar, But for you, the world is full of little men. Of course, Mahadev excepted.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by: say.maaneet

well I started watching DKDM regularly after Jalandhar track .. I didn't know  his story n it is much interesting as it has flavour of epic tragedy .. just like Karna J is a tragic hero .. I am enjoying it .. don't know about others

LeadNitrate thumbnail
I watched preview of todays's epi at If after a long time. Both Sonarika and Neha looks extremely thin and weak and emaciated. It actually catches the eye, they look quite sick. they need some rest.
Karunima thumbnail
The problem with the current phase is going back and forth between two tracks and thereby not doing justice to either.
The fact is Mohit has to work on two characters obviously the focus is shifted to Jalandhar so thereby Mahadev is getting sidelined.
For example the Mahakaleshwar avatar did not happen at all. I was looking forward to seeing that. But they showed nothing. It is a very imp avatar of Mahadev but because he is too busy playing Jalandhar they just did not do it properly.
Jalandhar is just a story but they invest time on petty things and neglect the important things. Purans have no account of J and V love story but they are showing that which is just a waste of time and not putting efforts and focus on the important things. They could have shown Mahakaal so nicely because it is a part of Shiva and more important than J's love confessions is my POV.

Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
the tracks like mahishasur , shumv-nishumv had been either showed in hurry or almost forgotten Mahakaal has not been shown
and the never ending jv track is going on and on i had no prb in JV story if they would focus other important tracks in same care
Karunima thumbnail
Exactly my point Jhum u have to concentrate on important tracks like Mahakaal was so important to be shown nicely it is part of Mahadev but that came out so rushed and was botchy but J confessing love was given importance to which is not right at all. It looked like  a random epi and shuffling rudely from shot to the other and not getting satisfied by any. They could have just shown the Mahakaal avatar later and done it nicely and just focused on two parallel tracks at the moment.
atominis thumbnail
I started watching DKDM regularly only after the Jalandhar track started. He's an interesting character as some others have pointed out. He's neither evil nor entirely good. He's got unchained energy, rage and power.

I kind of like his constant challenging of status quo, his confidence and leadership.

I have forever been looking forward to his clash with Mahadev!

But I agree this track has been stretched far too much. Every episode seemed slow, dragging, repetitive with same old scenes of Indra plotting against Jalandhar, Shiva witnessing Jalandhar yet full focus on bringing back memories of Parvati, Brahma & Vishnu looking at everything & passing off their opinions, Jalandhar's show of power, and recently his love story with Vrinda.All episodes were same old khichdi!

All the excitement for the epic battle between Mahadev and His Mahashatru is gone!

I did watch DKDM earlier but intermittently. I am sorry but I do not look forward to romance in mythology and religion related shows.

DKDM does have problem of pace and inability to show multiple tracks smoothly.
Saumya19 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sashashyam

I agree completely with your reference to the ashtanga yoga.DKD Mahadev is a mythological with deep philosophical overtones and undertones, not a Shiva-Parvati or Shiva-Sati love story alone, and it has to be taken like that. At least, unlike the run of the mill serials, they do not change the storyline for the sake of TRPs!

Moreover, the Jalandhar track is fascinating, above all because of the character of Jalandhar. He is a curious mixture of many qualities.

-Innocence - part of him is still that 8 year old whose life was centred on his mother. I simply loved that little boy, and the courage with which he coped with the crippling trauma of his mother being murdered in front of his eyes.

-Great strength, great courage and even greater prowess as a warrior, plus the intelligence of a strategist who can match the devas in both tactics and strategy.

-Arrogance, not the arrogance of power but the arrogance of excellence. He cares only for excellence, and that is why, in a reflection of modern ideas of democracy, he does not want a hereditary monarchy for the asuras, but  to have their kings chosen only for being sarvashreshta.

-A deep sense of responsibility towards the asuras who have made him their own and accepted a matsyakanya's son as their king.

-Unquestioning devotion towards the guru who took charge of him, saved him from Indra, and made him what he is today.

-Integrity and a sense of honour, in life and in war.

-An almost reluctant love for Vrinda, which is the first feeling he has ever had for himself, and which he, despite being so introverted, is able to confess to her directly and with amazing gentleness.

-Finally, the burning desire to be revenged on the murderer of his mother.

He is a superb king and would have been a very good husband and father, but I expect that his whole personality will soon be overtaken by what the ancient Greeks called hubris,or overweening pride and  vaulting ambition. He will thus overreach himself, go over and beyond what his guru Shukracharya, himself  a devotee of Mahadev, advises him to do. In the process, he will probably destroy himself, but then his end, as he is a Shivansh, will be a relatively gentle merging back into the whole of which he is a part, Shiva.

One has to appreciate such a complex personality, which is not black or white or even grey, but a shifting blend of colours.

Vrinda too is not the usual coy, blushing maiden, but a woman professional in her own right, to use modern terminology, with enough courage to face the arrows without flinching, and enough spirit to stand up to Jalandhar. I was  a tad disappointed yesterday that she did not make the slightest effort to get what she really wants, either thru telling her father directly, or telling Jalandhar to take care of it in a way that would not hurt her father's honour. But then she is not really a modern girl, for all her professionalism and her courage, but  an obedient daughter who is bound by the sanskaars  she was brought up  to follow.

All in all, an  unusual and  very interesting couple.

I do not at all mind the number of weeks being devoted to the three tracks that are ongoing at present - the astanga yoga track, the Jalandhar track, and now the Mahakaal track. The footage is divided roughly half and half between the first 2 tracks, and I find both absorbing.

You are absolutely correct, good things take time, like fine cooking. One cannot always eat only fast food!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

I have started watching this serial now...watching from the start and I have to say that all that you have said here is so true...🤗
shaileshsay thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Sorry due to unavailability of time I am unable to reply, but very soon I will reply to every one. 

Seeing the good response and a 2000 views to this post I will update and re-post this. Also I will put up a new post on bhagvat Geeta & Mahadev. 

Thanks Again :)
ivy_11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mnx12

Everyone has loved someone in their life. As a child we love our parents, our siblings. After growing up one comes across their friends, with whom we share a love hate relationship. Then one may come across some one, get attracted, that person may be your life partener or soulmate or best friend. But there is life much beyond that stage. That relation grows up, one has to learn to hold on to that relation, by being with him/ her or setting him/ her free, if that person was meant for you, will be with you or will come back to you. life doesn't stop at any stage.
Most of us have or will be experiencing these stages in our life. One need not publicise love, it has to be felt, experienced. This is explained well in this show- various stages of love. So it's just one's pov, this show still has it's loyal viewers, has not at all lost it's charm. Something or the other holds us to this show.

Word Minaxi.😊

I am enjoying DKDM. Infact it is one of the few shows that are worth watching on TV today...a cut above the rest. Also, the discussions are enlightening and interesting.