Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arun-deeps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
awww...thank you...such questionnaires should asked frequently..I love such things...it reminds me of our CCs where we used to have fan of the fortnight n ol!

Btw yuppp the pics were superb...
Kitty cat smiley 026gr8 find!
I just love Arun Govil and Sajjan ji as Vikram aur Betaal.
I found an old article abt the making of Vikram aur Betaal!

The article contained that Sajjan ji wasn't convinced that Arun would be able to carry him, he told this to RS ji, RSji conveyed the mssg to Arunji, then he promised that he will not let Sajjan ji fall on ground, at last Sajjan ji agreed, but he remained afraid of falling frm Arun's back through out the show๐Ÿ˜† isn't that funny๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by arun-deeps - 10 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Mita - job ke saath aur ab Masters program ke admission ke saath bahut hi busy hoon, all for the best though! Hope all's well with you too?

Gunu - obviously mera haal bhi aisa hi tha, missed you sooo much ๐Ÿค— But I hear you've also been busy with exams these days, so I'm sure you're making me proud with all your hard work! Will definitely share some new creations, but usse pehle I want to dedicate a post to a VERY interesting thing I stumbled upon yesterday ;) Oh and SO glad you liked the avi! Aaj kal I'm rewatching bits and pieces of MB and have been in a Subhadra-Krishna masti mood so making lots on that track ;)
Edited by lola610 - 10 years ago
arun-deeps thumbnail

Originally posted by: lola610

Mita - job ke saath aur ab Masters program ke admission ke saath bahut hi busy hoon, all for the best though! Hope all's well with you too?

Gunu - obviously mera haal bhi aisa hi tha, missed you sooo much ๐Ÿค— But I hear you've also been busy with exams these days, so I'm sure you're making me proud with all your hard work! Will definitely share some new creations, but usse pehle I want to dedicate a post to a VERY interesting thing I stumbled upon yesterday ;) Oh and SO glad you liked the avi! Aaj kal I'm rewatching bits and pieces of MB and have been in a Subhadra-Krishna masti mood so making lots on that track ;)

Awww...how sweet!๐Ÿ˜ณ Haan aapne bilkul sahi suna hai,๐Ÿ˜† mere bhi exams the, so was very busy with dem, the esults are not ut yet, m eagerly waiting to c my report card๐Ÿ˜†
Yaaa behna jaldi is viraha vyatha ka ant karo na, tumhari creations dekhe na jaane kitne kalp vyateet ho gaye๐Ÿ˜† m looking forward to ur stuffs...plzzz post dem soon so dat I can use dem!I๐Ÿ˜‰ Abhi tak aapki puratan rachnaaon se humara karya chal raha hai๐Ÿ˜†  wish dat u become very successfull in ur field.
Oh woww m also watching MB, m in the yuddha section, actually MB is coming in our local Bikaner channel, so I watch it regularly!๐Ÿ˜ƒ
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
THIS IS HUGE - you guys are gonna love it...

Y'all know that Devaki and Vasudev are my primary inspirations from our scriptures, as they always have been. And you probably also hear me whine about how woefully underrepresented they are in art/literature/media, because of which I occasionally google them to see if any new story, article, bhajan, or painting recognizing their greatness has made its way to the internet. I did one of those random searches last night and stumbled onto this blog: http://jaijoshiz.blogspot.com/

It's run by a young woman who seems to be my long lost twin - we share a passion for vegetarianism, childhood memories of the old mythos, an interest in the tv shows Sherlock and Game of Thrones among others, a love of writing fiction and poetry, and even our birthdays are the same! But most importantly, we share a deep admiration of "VasuDevaki". She published a novel about Meera a couple of years ago and continues to write fiction, and she often updates her blog with articles and short stories based on the characters from the scriptures much like the fanfics we write from time to time. Among those fanfics is a series called "The Prophecy", a multi-chapter take on everything that happened between VasuDevaki's wedding and Shri Krishna's birth:

The Prophecy (eight parts)
It is BEAUTIFULLY written, full of both vivid details and spiritual insight. She includes a few delightful elements directly from both BRC's Mahabharat (Ugrasen's imprisonment preceding the VD wedding, Vasudev's hesitation at taking a second wife, Kans strongarming him into it) as well as Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna (Akrur's disguised visits to the dungeon and Devaki hiding one of the flowers that the devtas used to worship Shri Krishna while he was in her womb). Even where it differs from what was depicted in the shows, it does so in a way that complements rather than clashes and overall it's just a literary treasure, as I'm sure her other series on Ghatotkach, Draupadi, Bhishma, and other characters are and will continue to be. Do check out the blog, and I look forward to discussing it with you guys after!
Edited by lola610 - 10 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
RESS for my comments! Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 10 years ago
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
So, I've finished parts I, II, III, and IV of the Prophecy, and there's just as much left. So far, I have to say that I love her style of writing. What I really liked was how she added details to the storyline like the sadhu appearing before Kansa's chariot, the horoscope, etc. She took the best parts from all the mytho shows and incorporated them into a wonderful story. Lola di and I talked about this, and we both agree that the akashwani scene had that perfect supernatural feel to it without it being overdone.

Part four ended at the scene where the first child was killed by Kansa. She uses the Third Person Omniscient POV, and so we actually get to see into the minds of Vasudev and Devaki, and their reaction to the treacheries. And the way she wrote the child's death: "Vasudev heard it," the sound of his son dying, that was more real than if she had described it explicitly because she builds this whole bond of Vasudev, Devaki, and the child up till that point and oh, the tears! It's heart-breaking.

I plan on finishing the next part tonight.

Edited by AishuHiBawari - 10 years ago
arun-deeps thumbnail
wOWWW LOLA DI

RES FOR A LONG COMMENT๐Ÿ˜†

btw guys here ae 2 siggies frm me
 Siya Ram ones..hope u like
feel free to use

http://i.minus.com/ibdrUHtyR5UDaj.png

second one

http://i.minus.com/i89SGT1ip3hnq.png

pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I edited my spot! And I'm only up till part 4, but I'll read the next part tonight.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
WOW Lola, you truly found a treasure! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ That blog is really rich in faith, devotion, and creativity. I've glimpsed through a few of her stories since I don't have time to actually read each one in detail, but her Mahabharat series has really caught my eye, especially the chapters she's written on Krishna and Rukmini.  I definitely want to go back and read each story in detail once my summer semester ends in August, but till then, I must say that this blog is EPIC!

You mentioned that the owner of this blog has become your friend and you're trying to convince her to join IF. I really hope you do! It would be wonderful to have a member so rich in knowledge, faith, and creativity.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Gunia, your new sigs are brilliant dear! I really love the vanvaas one best. The colors are so bright and vibrant!