Writers Corner
Writers Corner

India-Forums

Author Of The Week #8 _IcePrincess_ :) :) M.O.T.W (Page 4)

_IcePrincess_ Groupbie
_IcePrincess_
_IcePrincess_

Posted: 09 May 2013 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

Originally posted by _IcePrincess_

Originally posted by _IcePrincess_

Wow Archie!
Congratulations! Hug 
You definitely deserved this. And in such a short time, this is a greater achievement! Clap

Waise, you have clearly read a lot of cult Bengali literature. Something I have missed totally. Since I never grew up in Bengal, I did not even know how to read and write Bengali until very recently. Shame, I know. I am starting over now.

But I have read a lot of translated works. And my Dad often reads out stories by all the authors you mentioned. So, I know how good their work is.
Okay, enough of my ramble. This is your moment. Enjoy! :)

Thanksss so much!!

Awww that's soo sweeet, Tanisha! My dad never reads out stories to me, and neither does he have tym to read mineUnhappy

Wat shame? Rather it's gud to see how much u care about bangla literature... I've had the priviledge of studying in a school where Bengali was an elective subject + my mom is professor of bengali, so naturally I've always laid my hands on different types of bengali buks and so have been attracted to the literary works in this language... N luk at u, U don't know how to read and write the language, yet u want to read it all.. Something a lot of ppl wouldn't care to do! Proud to have a friend lyk u!
Hug

Aww...that's so sweet! And I am proud to have a friend like you too! Hug

I really owe it to the atmosphere at home. We watch a lot of Bangla movies and discuss quite a lot over dinner. So, that's what inspires me and I am now trying to teach myself. I tried my hand at writing Bengali poetry too. EPIC DISASTER! LOL

LOL been there, done that...Same results as u!LOL
Yep we watch a lot of bangla movies too, I mean the gud ones, not the action stuff n allLOL N bengali TV as well! Especially the epic bengali comedy show: Mirakkel, I hope u hav heard of it...Everyone is a fan hereLOL

Oh Mirakkel! My Dad is like obsessed with it. Ma enjoys watching Mir too. LOL
I am not so much a fan. I don't enjoy stand-up comedy as such, actually. I like the situational ones.

High five for uncle!LOL I love this show, and oh god I love Mir so much!Embarrassed
I too m not a fan of stand-up comedy, I can hardly sit through any other such show, hindi or bengali... But I absolutely love this one!Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaugh

_IcePrincess_ Groupbie
_IcePrincess_
_IcePrincess_

Posted: 09 May 2013 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Dee-

Congratulations :-)

Thanks Deeksha!Smile

Go to top