Writers Corner

Author Of The Week #8 _IcePrincess_ :) :) M.O.T.W (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

_IcePrincess_

Groupbie

_IcePrincess_

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

Wow Archie!
Congratulations! Hug 
You definitely deserved this. And in such a short time, this is a greater achievement! Clap

Waise, you have clearly read a lot of cult Bengali literature. Something I have missed totally. Since I never grew up in Bengal, I did not even know how to read and write Bengali until very recently. Shame, I know. I am starting over now.

But I have read a lot of translated works. And my Dad often reads out stories by all the authors you mentioned. So, I know how good their work is.
Okay, enough of my ramble. This is your moment. Enjoy! :)

Thanksss so much!!

Awww that's soo sweeet, Tanisha! My dad never reads out stories to me, and neither does he have tym to read mineUnhappy

Wat shame? Rather it's gud to see how much u care about bangla literature... I've had the priviledge of studying in a school where Bengali was an elective subject + my mom is professor of bengali, so naturally I've always laid my hands on different types of bengali buks and so have been attracted to the literary works in this language... N luk at u, U don't know how to read and write the language, yet u want to read it all.. Something a lot of ppl wouldn't care to do! Proud to have a friend lyk u!
Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaughTohru

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Author Of The Week #8 _IcePrincess_ :) :) M.O.T.W (Page 2)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tohru

IF-Rockerz

Tohru

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Congratulations Hug Party
Res for questions Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_IcePrincess_

preity_d

IF-Sizzlerz

preity_d

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _IcePrincess_

Originally posted by preity_d

wow... Archie Congo -shongo  Party  Hug

Thanks preeto darling!!Hug Btw I somehow knew u wud be the first to commentLOL
Haww... Shocked  How??? Shocked LOLWinkLOL

_IcePrincess_

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 1:52pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

Wow Archie!
Congratulations! Hug 
You definitely deserved this. And in such a short time, this is a greater achievement! Clap

Waise, you have clearly read a lot of cult Bengali literature. Something I have missed totally. Since I never grew up in Bengal, I did not even know how to read and write Bengali until very recently. Shame, I know. I am starting over now.

But I have read a lot of translated works. And my Dad often reads out stories by all the authors you mentioned. So, I know how good their work is.
Okay, enough of my ramble. This is your moment. Enjoy! :)

Thanksss so much!!

Awww that's soo sweeet, Tanisha! My dad never reads out stories to me, and neither does he have tym to read mineUnhappy

Wat shame? Rather it's gud to see how much u care about bangla literature... I've had the priviledge of studying in a school where Bengali was an elective subject + my mom is professor of bengali, so naturally I've always laid my hands on different types of bengali buks and so have been attracted to the literary works in this language... N luk at u, U don't know how to read and write the language, yet u want to read it all.. Something a lot of ppl wouldn't care to do! Proud to have a friend lyk u!
Hug

Aww...that's so sweet! And I am proud to have a friend like you too! Hug

I really owe it to the atmosphere at home. We watch a lot of Bangla movies and discuss quite a lot over dinner. So, that's what inspires me and I am now trying to teach myself. I tried my hand at writing Bengali poetry too. EPIC DISASTER! LOL

_IcePrincess_

Tohru

IF-Rockerz

Tohru

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 12:43am | IP Logged
What is your favourite Colour?
What is your favourite Show?
How did you join India-Forums?
What part of the world are you from?
What is your favourite Holiday Spot?
What are your favorite books?
when & how you start writting?
plz give Some tips for new writer ?( specialy me) LOL
Your Favorite movie & favorite song ?
Who's your favorite actor & actress?
What you don't like at all ?
whats your zodiac sign?
reading or writting?
computer or tv?
family or friends?

only that for now EmbarrassedLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_IcePrincess_LoveToLaugh

_IcePrincess_

Groupbie

_IcePrincess_

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tohru

Congratulations Hug Party
Res for questions Embarrassed

ThanksSmile Hey btw wats ur name?
Anytym!LOL

_IcePrincess_

Groupbie

_IcePrincess_

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:20am | IP Logged

wow... Archie Congo -shongo  Party  Hug

Thanks preeto darling!!Hug Btw I somehow knew u wud be the first to commentLOL
Haww... Shocked  How??? LOL

Dil se dil ka connectionROFLROFL

Edited by _IcePrincess_ - 02 May 2013 at 2:20am

_IcePrincess_

Groupbie

_IcePrincess_

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tohru

What is your favourite Colour? - An absolute girly answer for that: any colour that suits on meEmbarrassedLOL

What is your favourite Show? - Among hindi ones I had two favs - Miley Jab Hum Tum n Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon (actually those are the only ones I watchedTongue)... Among English my all tym favs are Grey's Aantomy n How I Met Your Mother...

How did you join India-Forums? - Well it so happens that m a MoNaya fan (Mohit n Sanaya) n so I kinda joined it to comment on their blog..But soon after they gave up on blogging, sadly, but by then I had found out what a treasure they had here, the discussions that go on in the show forums, I totally got swept by the IF mania..I even posted a story on WC wen I joined it two years earlier, but due to some reasons I cudn't continue then...

What part of the world are you from? - M from Assam, India..

What is your favourite Holiday Spot? - Don't ask me that! My dad hates travelling and so there's just few places which I have visited... Still, if I have to answer this I would say Shillong..It's a wonderful place!Heart

What are your favorite books? - Don't start me on that!LOL I have already mentioned my fav authors, almost every book by them is a favBig smile

when & how you start writting? - I have always been a "literature buff"...I started reading since I was 4 years old n that had an influence on my school writing classes..Language was my fav class, and my teachers used to always praise my writing skills, and so that way I got encouraged n started writing my first story.. It was in bengali but i don't remember wat excatly it was about, but at that tym it was mostly based on wat I read...Raja, rani, fairytale stuff...Embarrassed I continued that, writing one story in 6 months or so (m a lazy bumTongue).. Actually I'm not very creative, I mostly write about what I see around me..Just once in a while this real "story" ideas would hit me, but apart from that, I'm more into writing facts n articles n OSes...

plz give Some tips for new writer ?( specialy me) LOL - Whoa I'm a new writer, in the sense that I don't write muchLOL But ya, I can say this, read a lot, it really helps to improve ur writing skills...

Your Favorite movie & favorite song ? - That's hard to say, coz movie - there are many, n song - it keeps changing, I listen to anything n everything: bengali, hindi, english and spanish...
Still, my three most fav movies are: I Am Sam, Tangled (I just LOVE animated moviesEmbarrassed), and Ice Princess (it's based on the ONE thing I would just love to do some day - ICE SKATINGBig smile)
And song? I've got two in my list currently, but both are in Spanish so I don't know if u hav heard them...No Me Ames by Jennifer Lopez and Nina by a band La Quinta Estacion...Heart

Who's your favorite actor & actress? - I have only one constant fav actress, Sanaya Irani...Star bollywood or hollywood, the rest always keeps changing depending on the films...

What you don't like at all ? - Liars, n people who believe they are weak...

whats your zodiac sign? - Gemini...

reading or writting? - Hmm, good one! Writing, I guess, it's not easy and I'm really not a very creative person, but everytym I come up with something good, it makes me feel worthy of something...

computer or tv? - TV!LOL
family or friends? - FamilySmile

only that for now EmbarrassedLOL

Had a great tym answering ur questions, hope u r satisfied with it
Embarrassed

Edited by _IcePrincess_ - 02 May 2013 at 3:15am

Tohru

Post Reply New Post

Go to top