•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
Punar Vivah creatives have always been unpredictable. Specially when it comes to portraying Yash specifically. The way Yash behaved with aarti during the first 7 months of the series was not a hero's behavior. He pushed, shoved and insulted aarti every now and then, even if its front of a gathering of 100s. If viraj of saubhagyabati bhava does that, it would be domestic violence. When you write the character of a 'hero' - why portray him this negative? If it wasnt gurmeet, Yash would have been treated as a negative character at any places.

Now after Aayu's kidnapping, the same is happening. Yash has again turned verbally abusive and abusing aarti every now and then. In reel life, it might not look that negative. But in real life, that's a severe offence.

Yash is not meant to be a villain or an abusive husband. Atleast he wasn't meant to be at any logic. Why creatives keep making him one?

And why always women have to make compromise? Whatever aarti suffered, its a picture of all the women who have suffered negligence and abuse from their husband. Even when Aayu was kidnapped, why all the blame went on her? If Punar Vivah is all about social message, then they should also consider these things. They have kept showing woman compromising while male dominated. And while its totally a negative thing, they showed it as if its normal. Its not. If its a social message show, the message should come from all angle.

It is a great show. Gurmeet and Kratika will always be remembered for their chemistry that is wayyy different than other couples shown on TV. They were subtle, talked less and built their chemistry on eye contact and gestures. Also their looks and screen presence is a treat to watch.

But this thing would always sting me..that a show that was meant to give us a social message from all angle failed here. Even when its in an exit point, again turning Yash in to a 'typical' male is not a social message, it wont be.

Edited by ashraf.tanim - 10 years ago
👏  Reasons for anger should be justified and more imp...anger and physical should not mix...more so ..when we have seen such a beautiful change in Yash and a realtionship with Arti was built on trust and they laid a strong foundation...was going smoothly and started admiring the couple and gave a good feeling but have been ruined by physical...and senseless meaning...any lady would have reacted the same as Arti did...probably she could have put in a word to Pankaj/prateek...one should remember...when emotions are high...thinking stops...

Anyway...we are yet to see the real reason...fake or not ...lets see. A good point dear...your pov appreciated.😃
I agree with u 👍🏼
But still I really hope that Yash is acting to find real culprit...
Personal tragedies do bring out the worst in people.  I don't see Yash physically hurting Aarti, emotionally yes but that is because he is angry and  blames her for being careless.  Husband and wife don't always have lovey-dovey relationship there is also arguments.  Yash has always been an emotional person and these outbursts are not out of character.
I am also hoping that yash is searching for the culprit :)
lGood point to raise this issue, though I prefer to say just wait and watch