Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
From West India we have Madhuri Dixit. Infact the first movie was made by a West Indian.
From East India we have some of the greatest music directors, directors, singers and ofcourse actors/actresses.
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: pathaka

Manisha is nepali...

Rani, kajol, tanuja, bipasha, pradeep sarkaar, pritam, rd burman, sd burman, shreya ghoshal, dibakar banerjiee, basu chatterjie and hrishikesh mukjerjiee from Bengal...

ABsnr from UP...

priety zinta, mallika sherawat and kangana are from Himachal/northern areas i think...

Any gujjus? i cant think of any off the top of my head except the one and only Cherry patel...

Paresh Rawal is Gujarati I think? And Dimple Kapadia?Edited by Dexterkilaila - 10 years ago
pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

Paresh Rawal is Gujarati I think? And Dimple Kapadia?

are kapadias gujjus? i always get them confused as marwadis/rajasthanis...

oh yeah therz paresh rawal...

are supriya and ratna pathak gujjus? i think they r...or maybe im just confusing them with their sarabhai and khichdi characters...πŸ˜†
Edited by pathaka - 10 years ago
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

Danny is from Sikkim not from any of these.

2 girls from Chak de India.I read somewhere Hindi movies were banned for sometime over there so ppl got into Korean dramas.
I don't think North-Easterners were ever into Bolly or any form of mainstream Indian entertainment. They've always had a culture and lifestyle eclectic to the rest of India.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
North has too many folks lol. I'll add in SRK. Actually SRK also has some Hyderabadi roots. He's kinda like a full melting pot according to him. πŸ˜†

West aka Maharashtra is Madhuri, Renuka Shahane, Ritesh, etc.

Last year was the year of the Bengalis in BW IMHO--Sujoy Ghosh, Soojit Sarkar, Anurag Basu...not to mention more directors like Hrishikesh Mukherji, Basu Chaterjee ...then we also have a LOT of singers from there like Kishore Kumar, RD Burman, Shreya Ghoshal, Shaan, Pritam, etc.. Kajol, Rani, Bipasha, Jaya B, Konkona, Sharmila Tagore amongst the actors..

Paresh Rawal is also Gujju. So is SLB. Supriya/Ratna Pathak, Satish Shah, Prachi Desai...

Amitabh Bachchan, Vishal Bhardwaj, Anurag Kashyap all come from UP I think..
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: pathaka

are kapadias gujjus? i always get them confused as marwadis/rajasthanis...

oh yeah therz paresh rawal...

are supriya and ratna pathak gujjus? i think they r...or maybe im just confusing them with their sarabhai and khichdi characters...πŸ˜†

Yea Kapadia is Gujarati according to Dimple's wiki. And Dina Pathak was Gujarati so her daughters are too. πŸ˜†
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Bengalis are super creative and artistically inclined!
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

I don't think North-Easterners were ever into Bolly or any form of mainstream Indian entertainment. They've always had a culture and lifestyle eclectic to the rest of India.

but i was glad this year's Roadies X was shoot in north East ... and in latest epis they were in Arunachal pardesh and few ppl frm there were speaking hindi ... it was a pleasant surprise for me 
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Aasha Parekh , Tina munim are also gujjus 

Edit- Vipul D Shah is also a gujju 
Edited by TheRowdiest - 10 years ago