Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 22

Page 1
Page   of 22
Page 2 Page 22

ChhanChhan

ChhanChhan

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Hey guys , so the other day i was just pondering over how suffocated i feel in the presence of a GORA or GORI . after a brief survey i've come to conclude that it's really common amongst Indians [or rather NRI'S]
one of the many theories that i;ve dwelled upon has to be inferiority because of our present state . And what happened in the past . [even though it is majestic ]
another one could be racism and let's get real they do look better than us , sound better than us .

And please don't post crap such as 
INDIANS DON'T NEED NO SWAG LIKE THE GORAS , WE'RE UNIQUE U'R THE DEFAULTER TO THINK THAT  and yakity yakity yak 
if it was so , why do we try and behave like them . 
eg - girls in minis and not in salwar kameez 
teens swearing merely attempting to sound swag ???
and those are just starters ! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Gumrah...zorrroForever-KA

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indian Inferiority complex ! Why ?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

moomin4455

IF-Dazzler

moomin4455

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Are you for real??

Do you hate being Indian that much? 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

mz.brar-Inferno-.Farzi.boreddamselcharminggenie-bharti-oblivious.Dexterkilaila-Barun

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Huh!!

I live in a gora country with colleagues who are 95% gora/gori. I don't see any problem from my side or their side

What exactly are you trying to say??

if anything, there is mostly the typical Indian mentality of superiority complex, trying to take shelter into 5000 yr old civilization when there is some real issue to deal with.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

K.W.-Inferno-.Farzi.moomin4455NigelMolesworthKrani-bharti-Mahek_No1charminggenieboreddamselDexterkilailaoblivious.-Chandramukhi-Vinzy-Barun

boreddamsel

IF-Rockerz

boreddamsel

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Ok, be honest. What did a certain Indian do to you? 
A girl wearing a mini skirt break your heart? Broken Heart

Why do you feel suffocated in front of a gora or gori? 
It's nothing to do with being Indian.. you seem to have other insecurities! 
I just walked into a beer party the other day wearing a silk saree and gold jewelry! Many Americans were actually asking me about the saree and even about the jewelry.
There are white people who really try so hard to get tanned and who are envious of the brown skin.
Women who use henna on their hair .. people who try to de-stress using yoga and by meditation.
Every non-Indian I know loves Indian food so much .. that in order to get people to come to an event, all you need to say is there is home-cooked Indian food.
All dance parties here play Bollywood music.. 
I can give you so many more examples!

and I have no idea what inferiority complex you are talking about! 

Edited by boreddamsel - 30 April 2013 at 1:16pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

MeMagnificoAl.Iz.Welmz.brar-Inferno-moomin4455soulspiritsamvi.Kranishweta2728-bharti-Mahek_No1charminggeniepreetipcDexterkilaila-Chandramukhi-FreshDaisyoblivious.enigmatic_zephy-Barun

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
It's not an Indian problem. Its a "you" problem. You sound like you have severe self esteem issues. I have never felt that way around anyone. I don't even see or feel color unless a stereotypical trait belonging to a particular race is jumping right in my face. Nobody I know feels the same way as you do. Perhaps you should see a shrink.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

MeMagnificoLegolas3moomin4455Krani-bharti-charminggenieSayNO2Fur.Mahek_No1FreshDaisyoblivious.enigmatic_zephy

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
wow so many ***** here..LOL.. and responses are getting so predictable..
Okay let me ask you if you don't feel inferior why are you debating in English here and not in your native language.. Hindi, Gujarati or Tamil?
why do you take false pride in making to the foreign land and universities? do you think they are better than home-grown ones? if yes that's sign of inferiority..
Jobs we do for foreign companies is merely modern day slavery but no one seem to realise thatLOL..
which is why I referred to all of us as Not Required Idiots in that NRI thread..
anyway I know army of crows is going to attack me for writing this. Predictable behaviour from people who never want to hear truth.

**+edit: refrain from using such words to address member. It violates IF COC.

Edited by tannipartner - 01 May 2013 at 1:39am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Al.Iz.WelForever-KA

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
lonely, you are in dangerous mood. lol.

This question has weight therefore cannot be rejected as someone's own opinion. I will use the word desi instead of Indian so that some dont think I am commenting on behalf of Indians while not being an Indian.This issue has two part answer

1) In some of the important things of life, desis and desi countries are inferior to west. For example

- their language is not the language of communication around the world
- you dont see westerners wearing desi clothes like lungi etc
- among immigrants its a one way traffic
- people go to west to study
- western countries are running the economy
- tech that we use are basically from west
- movies are copied from west
- western sports are what we participate in. i dont remember anyone interested in kabbadi
- western countried have rule of law and better work ethics and in west we follow that
- fair and lovely and fascination with western beauties

I can go on and on. Point is western countries are superior in many important things in life and desis follow that

2) Now the question is does doing all of the above mean we have inferiority complex? Is a royal like King Anu in complex in front oh goras? Here I am not clear

There are some who are definitely in complex. I see that all the time. You just observe a desi guy with a white girl and look at his face. Its almost as if his tongue is out.

There are some who are not in any complex and confident and they dont see any issues. I have worked with western born desis. To be honest even they complaint of issues. Still they are comfortable.

Finally there are very few who give westerners complex.

In conclusion lets not reject this outright. Lets not get personal just because one lives in west. Lets not make it an ego issue. There is some truth to it even if it does not mean complex all time time.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

teja57PocketK.W.hit_homerunsarasingh86enigmatic_zephyPerfangel5655

Mahek_No1

IF-Rockerz

Mahek_No1

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

Huh!!

I live in a gora country with colleagues who are 95% gora/gori. I don't see any problem from my side or their side

What exactly are you trying to say??

if anything, there is mostly the typical Indian mentality of superiority complex, trying to take shelter into 5000 yr old civilization when there is some real issue to deal with.

I completely agree with you mate.

I was born in the UK and have lived here my whole life here, most of my friends are english and 99% of my collegues are also gore and guess what they are all lovely, they dont treat me any different.

What we see here in UK is that the Indian and Pakistan communities have a circle around them and dont allow any gore to enter that circle. I like mixing in with different people off all backgrounds.

Why feel suffocated when facing a gora/gori, we just go by doing our stuff, most english people dont see u any differently to themselves.

Edited by Mahek_No1 - 30 April 2013 at 5:15pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

PocketLeadNitratemoomin4455-bharti-charminggenie-Chandramukhi-Dexterkilaila

Post Reply New Post

Go to top