Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

sharadrocks

sharadrocks

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 11:52am | IP Logged
For me, yesterday's romance or whatever it was between Arjun and Ovi was the absolute pits.This show surprises me everyday. with the depths to which it can descend!

Just when you thought Ovi, of all the characters, had finally realized the futility of her situation and was being sensible and trying to move on, they had to come up with that titillating rain dance! What was that all about? Exercising her conjugal rights one last time? So, did she keep her eyes closed all the time? To make sure she did not catch the glimpse of Purvi love in Arjun's eyes? Or did it make no difference? If so, why the attempt to take moral high ground? If you could do it once, surely you can make yourself forget your husband's love for another woman all the time?  Ekta is the Queen of contrivance but this one was a new low even for her!  A consummation with the sole purpose of creating yet another unwanted baby?

And Arjun? What have they turned him into? A man who is willing to abandon his responsibilities towards his child in order to save his marriage? What kind of a man does that make him?

A venerable doctor wanders around penniless on the streets, a reasonably educated woman has no clue how to earn a living to keep her child in reasonable comfort?

What kind of caricatures are these?

I feel nothing but contempt for all these characters. How can I watch a show and connect with its characters when I have no empathy for any of them?

And yes, at the risk of being labelled a scarlet woman, I found the Arjun-Ovi intimacy of last night far more offensive than the Arjun- Purvi consummation. And no, the sacred institution of marriage alone does not provide legitimacy to a relationship. It is about the feelings of the people involved. Only when they give themselves to each other wholeheartedly,  body and soul, does it become kosher for me! If Ovi believed that Arjun was soul bound to Purvi, why did she want that one moment? Had she not had enough moments in the past to cherish? I 

If Ovi's actions were rendered legitimate by the sacred institution of marriage, Purvi giving herself to Arjun was rendered kosher by their mutual love!

If one is right, then so is the other! I don't see how Ovi is the angel in white while Purvi is the fallen woman!

I have no particular respect for any of the characters on this show. I find almost all of them on shaky ground when it comes to morals or values. One does not deserve to be held up at the cost of another!

Edited by sharadrocks - 30 April 2013 at 12:22pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

bumbushirst16Twilight15creampuffskaru11ariel1985shantellbrownGina101dolce123MissAmnellSakhileAshaNegiFancoolpixiebitastasoapwatcher1naomihyugabee5Naivedyapallavi25

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How low can they get?" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pallavi25

IF-Sizzlerz

pallavi25

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 11:55am | IP Logged
I agree with all ur points!Clap
Exactly! What is sauce for the gander and Ovi goose can be sauce for gander and Purvi goose too! LOL
 Then why have tunnel vision and call Purvi immoral and characterless? 
To me, all these characters are equally demented! I dont take sides or defend anyone's actions unlike Ovi fans! 
 PR is just sinking lower everyday! Still we watch it and discuss it. I try to find humor and satire in the whole thing! The writers have no idea abt life, love, relationships, so they show such crap! 

Edited by pallavi25 - 30 April 2013 at 12:02pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

dolce123sharadrockscoolpixieSakhilesoapwatcher1naomihyuga..DamonCrazy..

sharadrocks

sharadrocks

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
@pallavi25

True. But I find the passionate defence of one character as opposed to the other quite amusing. I maintain that all the characters are suffering the consequences of their actions. One does not deserve sympathy over the other. For one is as good or as bad as the other!

For me the striking difference between Purvi and Ovi in terms of characterization stems from the circumstances of their birth.

Purvi, as an orphaned child, has no sense of self-worth. She feels obligated to the world for her very existence. Hence her constant and desperate attempts to prove herself worthy of love and acceptance through her stupid acts of self-deprivation. 

Ovi, on the other hand, is a rich brat whose father pampered her and gave her all that she wanted to make up for the absence of her mother. The net result is that she has an inflated sense of self worth and thinks the world and his wife owe her. It is for them to give her all that she wants, for she deserves it all and more!

Edited by sharadrocks - 30 April 2013 at 12:39pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

rst16cheersbloomdolce123Parm.Sakhilecoolpixienaomihyugasoapwatcher1bee5pallavi25

sharadrocks

sharadrocks

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Double post

Edited by sharadrocks - 30 April 2013 at 12:11pm

AttractiveAdya

IF-Sizzlerz

AttractiveAdya

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
As  I  say  this,  please  understand.

Ovi  and  Purvi  both  are  wrong  immorally, and  have  shown  that,  in  different  situations, for  the  reasons  maybe  different.

Arjun,  well  I  for  one,  can't  understand  his  character,  post  the  birth  of  Pari.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cheersbloomparis.hiltonilovedhanjanird

pallavi25

IF-Sizzlerz

pallavi25

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sharadrocks

@pallavi25

True. But I find the passionate defence of one character as opposed to the other quite amusing. I maintain that all the characters are suffering the consequences of their actions. One does not deserve sympathy over the other. For one is as good or as bad as the other!

For me the striking difference between Purvi and Ovi in terms of characterization stems from the circumstances of their birth.

Purvi, as an orphaned child, has no sense of self-worth. She feels obligated to the world for her very existence. Hence her constant and desperate attempts to prove herself worthy of love and acceptance through her stupid acts of self-deprivation. 

Ovi, on the other hand, is a rich brat whose father pampered her and gave her all that she wanted to make up for the absence of her mother. The net result is that she has had an inflated sense of self worth and thinks the world and his wife owe her. It is for them to give her all that she wants, for she deserves it all and more!

Yes, thats what offends me! Cursing Purvi for her bad decisions while praising Ovi for hers!
 Its because the general attitude is that Purvi is adopted, sadak se uthayi hui and doesnt deserve anything good! And Princess Ovi deserves everything and she has a right to make mistakes! LOL

You explained it very well! Purvi has no self worth and feels obliged to sacrifice her love for her adoptive mother and sister as a form of gratitude. Twisted but gratitude all the same!
Ovi demands and gets what she wants...and stomps over people's lives with her high heels with no care for anyone's feelings or well-being! 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

xxxnmSakhilecoolpixiesoapwatcher1naomihyugabee5

pallavi25

IF-Sizzlerz

pallavi25

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
Princess Ovi is always correct no matter what she does, whether blackmail her best friend's fiancee into giving him to her or sleeping with almost ex-husband just before leaving him! 
But orphan Annie, I mean Purvi is immoral, characterless, shameless for sleeping with fiance the night before wedding! 
Arjun seduced Purvi but hes never blamed! Typical mentality!
Now this horrible division of orphan adoptee Vs bio-child is extended to Pari and Ovi's possible child too! 
Pari is illegitimate, very soon she will be called a bas**** by most of the forum. While Princess Ovi's darling will be the perfect legit child!
 How awful! 
 Extending the hatred for the mother to the innocent child as well. Orphan Purvi with bad blood (like they say in India pata nahin kiska khoon hai) and her illegitimate kid 
Vs Princess Ovi's legit Prince or Princess...that .will be the next debating points in this forum! 

Edited by pallavi25 - 30 April 2013 at 4:07pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Asha4RDxxxnmParm.soapwatcher1bee5

ilovedhanjanird

IF-Sizzlerz

ilovedhanjanird

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
Sorry to interrupt
But Purvi is no one to the deshmukhs
She always TRIED to be one of them
But never could
She was adopted by Archana
And hence is responsibility of Sulo in her absence
This has nothing to do with adoption etc
Purvi is just being punished for taking decisions for other people
Ovi didn't take any decision for anyone
She BEGGED Purvi but it was her who handed Arjun over to Ovi
So really I am fed up of how everyone thinks the Ds behave wrongly with her because she is adopted
They don't behave any right with their beloved soham as well

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

paris.hiltonHillylovePerfangel5655Dabulls23

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.