Writers Corner

India-Forums

Guilty

_IcePrincess_ Groupbie
_IcePrincess_
_IcePrincess_

Posted: 29 April 2013 at 1:25am | IP Logged
Just two things I wanna say before you start reading the story:

1. This was something I wrote a few years ago. As it turns out, I was practically a child when I wrote this, and so the love scenes might sound a little childish at some places to people who are used to reading "hot" stuffLOL Also, there might be a few grammatical mistakes, I edited as many mistakes as I could find, but nevertheless, some of them might have escaped my notice. Sorry for that!

2. It's actually a short story, but to make it more convenient for you all to read, I have divided it into two parts. I'm posting just the first part now, will be posting the second part soon!

That's it, Please read, like and commentSmile

Edited by _IcePrincess_ - 29 April 2013 at 3:09am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

WritingAbodeJazLoveToLaughzona_malikstarsanjanaTohruChaiBiskootpreity_dLeve

_IcePrincess_ Groupbie
_IcePrincess_
_IcePrincess_

Posted: 29 April 2013 at 1:27am | IP Logged
GUILTY
Part 1:

The morning unfolded as any other morning, bright and clear. It did not seem to be beautiful though, as a woman who has been married just 1 month should feel. It did not bring any new hopes for me, or a longing for the night that would come at the end of the day. My husband was still sleeping at my side and I did not feel any urge to ruffle his hair - or rather - I did not feel anything. I was oblivious to his presence. I was rather thinking about the long day before me. But it was routine. Every morning I would wake up and make breakfast, while he would wake up and take his bath. Then I'd have the bathroom to myself and he would read the morning paper. Then when we were both ready we would have breakfast together, mostly talking about trivial things like grocery, politics or colleagues at work. Then he would drop me off at my office in his white Alto, with a smile - or if he had the mood - a peck on my cheek. But it never accelerated my heartbeat, nor did my skin respond to his touch. I would smile at him too and wave my hand at him, speak a low parting note like goodbye or take care, before I left - rather, ran - for my office door. That was it. Neither would he wait for me to reach the door, nor did I feel the urge to look at him twice. Nights would be mostly the same, only he would do the household chores this time as I returned home later than he did. We would have dinner, talking about our day and then, too tired to think about anything else, I would retire to bed. He would stay up, watching the news maybe, or a cricket match, or a comedy show maybe. I never accompanied him there.

We were married just one month before. It was an arranged marriage, but it suited me just fine. I was never in for the love thing, actually. All I could think before - and even now - is my career and my job. My mother knew me too well, so she took care of everything for me, and before I knew it, I was married to him. For me, marriage was just a part of life, taken for granted. Love had had no way to enter my mind, and when I do think about it, I just put it off for a later date, saying that we have lots of time to think about it. We were husband and wife all right, minus the feel. We could've been two mates living together. There was no intimacy, nothing, absolutely nothing between us.

That morning, as usual he dropped me to my office. I walked in amongst the morning bustle of the office-workers. I held a high post, and my co-workers greeted me as I walked the aisle. I entered my cabin. One of the chairs was occupied and the occupant looked back as the door closed behind me.

"Good morning, Ma'am!" a familiar smile greeted me.

I rolled my eyes at the greeting. "Good morning, Jay", I smiled back.

Jay was my best friend, my only best friend. I always felt at home with him, probably because of the fact that we have been together since our toddler days, never once parted. We had finished school and college together, studied the same subjects and ended up here, in this multinational company, he working under me. But that did not affect our friendship. We were the same as ever, the best of buddies. Some have even asked, Jay himself one of them, that why hadn't I married him. The answer was simple for me. I didn't think of him that way. He was my best friend and I didn't want that relationship to change, how small the change may be.

"So how was the newly weds' night?" he teased.

"And what do you have to do with that?" I replied.

"Just curious," he shrugged. Then he became serious. "Honestly, you should give him some time. He is your husband, after all. You are too busy every time." He complained.

"Yeah, yeah", I mumbled. "Now, how about some work?" I raised my eyebrows. We were on the same assignment.

He sighed. "Yes Ma'am", he said, giving in. I smiled wickedly.

That afternoon, Jay came in looking troubled. I looked up from my work. "Have you heard the orders? We have to finish the Assignment today!" He told me.

"What?" I almost shouted at him. "Today? But, but that's impossible!" I said incredulously.

"I know. We've got almost three days work to do at that one. But boss's orders..." He made a face.

"Get the files", I ordered him. As he went out, I called up my husband to say that I wouldn't be able to go home today. He told me that he was stuck at his job and wouldn't be back home too.

It was 2:00 in the morning when I closed the files. "Done!" I said, satisfaction lining my voice.

Jay looked up from his files. "I'm done too", he said, his voice tired.

We stacked the files neatly in my drawer and locked it up.

"Aah atlast!" he said, "Let's go now."

"Where?" I asked, surprised.

"My home, of course!" he said and then frowned at me. "You were not planning to spend the night in the office, were you?" he asked.

"I don't know, Jay. I'"

He didn't let me finish. "Drop it. It's not going to work anyway", he said, dragging me with his hand.

Jay's house was a seven minute walk from the office. Though I had been there lots of time before, it felt odd to walk into his drawing room at this time of the night. He chuckled at my expression. "You need a bath very badly," he said slyly.

It was true. "I know. But what am I going to wear?" I said, looking pointedly at my sweat-soaked shirt and pants. He drew me to a wardrobe and handed me a T-shirt and a pair of shorts.

"I haven't worn them," he said. I shrugged.

As the hot water from the shower ran down my body, I felt myself relax. It felt odd to share the house with someone other than my husband, especially for the night. But I didn't have a choice. This was better than spending the night sprawling awkwardly on my chair at the office. At least he was my best friend.

I wore his dress. They were a little loose, but it didn't matter. The clothes were cool and refreshing and the smell coming from them was welcoming, homely. He had already changed and was waiting outside on the bed, holding two glasses of wine.

"What a tiring day it has been!" he said, handing me one of the glasses. "A glass of wine after a long day takes down all your worries and stress", he quoted, raising the glass like a toast.

I sat down beside him. "You look sexy," he teased suddenly.

I rolled my eyes and stared at him with mock disbelief. "Really? No one has ever told me that before!" I exclaimed.

Thunder cracked outside as we finished our drink. I walked up to the window, it was closed. That explained the over-humid atmosphere inside the room. I opened the glass panes. The cool, fresh air felt nice. I hadn't realized when it had started to rain.  I went over to the chair where my bag lay, dug through it and brought out a comb and walked back to the window. I began to run it through my hair, staring absent-mindedly at the raindrops.

I hadn't realized when he had come and stood behind me. His hands were on mine, restraining. "Leave them be", he said. I turned to look at him. His expression was something I did not recognize. It was neither playful, nor joking. He touched the stray locks on my face. "You are so beautiful", he almost crooned. I felt my heart accelerate. Heat flushed my face.

"Jay--" I started to say but his fingers hushed me.

"I love you," he said, kissing throughout the length of my cheekbone, my jaw, my throat, my shoulders. I felt numb and at the same time current flooded through me. I didn't respond. Neither did I restrain him. I didn't know what to do and my mind felt blank.

Then suddenly, I was impatient, I couldn't wait. I clutched him too fast, too harshly. But I didn't think about it. I didn't know if I had been craving this all along. I didn't know if I was in love with him. I didn't feel anything else but that he was all over me and I was all over him. And the night flowed on, smooth and swift, just as the rain falling outside.

For Part 2, click here

Edited by _IcePrincess_ - 02 May 2013 at 4:22am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

WritingAbodeJazRibbonLoveToLaughstarsanjanaChaiBiskootLeve

ChaiBiskoot IF-Sizzlerz
ChaiBiskoot
ChaiBiskoot

Posted: 29 April 2013 at 1:47am | IP Logged
This is something ! 

I particularly liked d way u penned down the thoughts of the newly married couple.. arranged marriage it was.. 

the story is great .. waitin for d next part Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_IcePrincess_

Leve IF-Stunnerz
Leve
Leve

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 5:31pm | IP Logged
omg she cheated on her husband LOL
that too very soon eh LOL
i dont know what to feel about the story. i mean she should not have married at all if this was what she was gonna do, but then again, she cannot look into the future. i don't like the cheating types LOL so i dont like them LOL

its written wonderfully ClapClap ur writing is just amazing Clap keep writing more and keep entertaining Embarrassed

_IcePrincess_

starsanjana IF-Rockerz
starsanjana
starsanjana

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
hmm this is really beautifully written and it applies to a lot of situations nowadays!loved it!!!

_IcePrincess_

_IcePrincess_ Groupbie
_IcePrincess_
_IcePrincess_

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Purple_Lady

This is something ! 

I particularly liked d way u penned down the thoughts of the newly married couple.. arranged marriage it was.. 

the story is great .. waitin for d next part Smile

Thanks Neha!Smile Will post it soon!

ChaiBiskoot

_IcePrincess_ Groupbie
_IcePrincess_
_IcePrincess_

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Clever.Foxxy

omg she cheated on her husband LOL
that too very soon eh LOL
i dont know what to feel about the story. i mean she should not have married at all if this was what she was gonna do, but then again, she cannot look into the future. i don't like the cheating types LOL so i dont like them LOL

its written wonderfully ClapClap ur writing is just amazing Clap keep writing more and keep entertaining Embarrassed

Thanks!
Hahaha even I don't like 'em! I don't wanna give away the 2nd part, but u can expect some surprises thereWink
Actually I always like my stories to have happy endings, and even if they don't, they carry some optimistic message atleastSmile So don't be disheartened, as of yet!

Edited by _IcePrincess_ - 30 April 2013 at 11:58pm

Leve

_IcePrincess_ Groupbie
_IcePrincess_
_IcePrincess_

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by starsanjana

hmm this is really beautifully written and it applies to a lot of situations nowadays!loved it!!!

Thank u! 2nd part coming soon!Smile

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index