Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Food for thoughts!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T55QNgXJLc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BZmuz88KEY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGn07xlOrAA[/YOUTUBE]

Originally posted by: |Persephone|

^^^ Well is kids desert the parents, then that means they don't want to take care of them. And if such a law forced the them to keep the parents with them, I think it would be the perfect combination for abuse. 

I guess what I am trying to say is, that no one should be forced to take care of anyone. In the US, the government takes care of the elderly who can't take care of themselves and I think that is the best way! If we work like dogs all our lives and pay taxes and are adding to society, then the support is definitely deserved!
PS: I know the system is broken, but the underlying theory is what I am praising ðŸ˜ƒ

That could be a grave problem  Financial help perhaps . Many of  these people may not have been tax payers. Who looks after them? As far as I know its a limited people in India who keep paying taxes .  Not that there is any scheme for those who pay taxes --
Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: zorrro

There would be some obligatory conditions I am sure 😆  parents who havent looked after their children do not get entitled to being looked after  by them 😛

WTH ...😆  ..Know what ...You remind me of a  Wind Cockerel  ...You were with the parents a while ago and now as I said I ll adopt ya one day... ..you sided with the children ? ...How cunning ..😆 ..First decide on whose side you wanna be ...and then we ll decide if I should adopt ya ..or You should adopt ME ...😆

Vintu ...😛

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Laws can be broken. They are broken. From where I see it, if children do away with their parents and overlook their moral responsibilities the parents are better off without them. Old age should not be about making all old people dependent on scumbags. ðŸ˜³ I'd choose to live in an old age home over with children who don't give two hoots about me. This ain't the case with most old people. But I strongly feel they themselves overlook the fact that they have the right to live a respectable life. Where's the dignity in living with your children because the government says so? And because the government says so, I also dun see any love for that matter. 

Therefore, according to me children should not be legally obliged to do any such thing.

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ae tair-e-lahoti us rizq se mout achi
jis rizq se aati ho parwaz me kotahi

literal meaning is that bird, its preferable to die in hunger than living a life where you ability to fly is compromised in search of food. broader meaning is that one should do where ones principles, way of life is not compromised.

Love, respect, care, admiration, interest, sincerity, worry for someone comes from heart and not through force or in this case laws. Its not worth it. If I were such a parent then I would prefer not getting any support instead of children being forced to support through laws.
Edited by King-Anu - 10 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I consider children as pets like dogs and cats etc. When you decide to get one you are obligated to take good care of them and ensure that you don't harm them in any way. But it is ridiculous to expect that they do the same for you. It all boils down if you are a good parent. If you train the dog well, it won't attack you and will be a loyal companion who would stake their life for you. If you train your children well, they won't do stupid shit and will be good kids who care for you their whole life.

Personally, I advocate dogs, cats or other creatures. In my experience they are a lot easier to work with and more rewarding. The human breed is very difficult to train and quite impossible really.

crusty thumbnail
Old Age is second childhood. It needs the nurturing and care that a baby gets. Ethically speaking, If you make a law it means you are forcing the kids to take care of their parents. It should come out of gratitude and love and not law. But practically speaking, since all the ethics are hibernating in Himalayas, you rather force people do their duties since they don't seem to do it out of freewill. But then, old people might suffer even worse physical and mental trauma staying with unwilling children.

So, basically a law should be made on the lines of Alimony. Obligation of the kids to provide for their parents basic physical needs,food,shelter and medical care, even if they are unwilling to keep them with them. And, always remain on their speed dail. As for love and affection, it is almost deprived in middle age, this generation won't have that problem in old age. Love, affection,care is a total luck factor. No banking on that.
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I consider children as pets like dogs and cats etc. When you decide to get one you are obligated to take good care of them and ensure that you don't harm them in any way. But it is ridiculous to expect that they do the same for you. It all boils down if you are a good parent. If you train the dog well, it won't attack you and will be a loyal companion who would stake their life for you. If you train your children well, they won't do stupid shit and will be good kids who care for you their whole life.

Personally, I advocate dogs, cats or other creatures. In my experience they are a lot easier to work with and more rewarding. The human breed is very difficult to train and quite impossible really.

Human children being compared to dogs and cats? Why such disdain for the human species? 😆  A faulty reasoning if there was one 😛 It would be ridiculous to expect animals to do what humans do but not so to expect other humans to do as some humans do. Is teh human breed branded impossible because it will not do what you expect your pets to do?   Humans deserve a little more respect than that surely ---they are not pets after all 😆
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: .Chanchan.

Take care of their parents in their old age?

Parents are always expected to provide the best care and facilities to their children,and most of them do..!  But is that kindness and care reciprocated by children, once they grow older? And in cases where children choose not to care for their elderly parents, should they be legally obliged to do so? Should a law be enforced to ensure parents are taken care of by children after adulthood.

Debate.

commonly most of the parents effort is to fulfill their ambitions through the child...I feel,real parents will give freedom...They will not impose themselves upon the child,they will not make you as a pet or they will not treat you as dog...their effort will be to help the child to be himself or to be herself and  they can give directions ...they can give ideas..bt they not to impose their ideas. They are not to create slaves..when you love a person, you cannot condition him much... When you love a person, you give him freedom, you give him protection... When you love a person you would not like him to be just a carbon copy of yourself, you would like him to be a unique lovable individual... ðŸ˜Š
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: zorrro

Human children being compared to dogs and cats? Why such disdain for the human species? 😆  A faulty reasoning if there was one 😛 It would be ridiculous to expect animals to do what humans do but not so to expect other humans to do as some humans do. Is teh human breed branded impossible because it will not do what you expect your pets to do?   Humans deserve a little more respect than that surely ---they are not pets after all 😆

Why is it disdainful towards humans? After all we are all animals really. Of course humans have civilization, technology etc – but that just makes us different not superior. That humans are better than the rest of life on earth is just a presumption we have about ourselves.

It is not that far off to compare children to cats or dogs. Irrespective of civilization, we're all mammals. There are actually many similarities in how we learn and socialize. Civilization has actually eroded our mammalian tendencies of loyalty and pack commitment. The fact that we consider legal obligation to "care" for providers is an illustration for that. So do we really deserve more respect than other animals who don't think in terms of self interest when it comes to loyalty to the pack and providers?