Debate Mansion

Should children be legally obliged to ...

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

Neloufer.

IF-Sizzlerz

Neloufer.

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Take care of their parents in their old age?

Parents are always expected to provide the best care and facilities to their children,and most of them do..!  But is that kindness and care reciprocated by children, once they grow older? And in cases where children choose not to care for their elderly parents, should they be legally obliged to do so? Should a law be enforced to ensure parents are taken care of by children after adulthood.

Debate.

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

adevGumrah...bluesz-Swetha-gowri_amyVintage.Wine-Inferno-Ruchi-interestmoomin4455-Aimz-_Angie_SayNO2Fur.Mahek_No1Forever-KA-bharti-meghasinghbaz786epiphany.Cup-Of-Chai

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should children be legally obliged to ..." in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

meghasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

meghasingh

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Okay I know its strange but yes. according to me it should happen... I mean if someone doesn't have senses then we have to knock some into their brains.
Although bet option would be that parents plan everything, their future too, and don't ever think that their kids will take care of them. I've seen few pretty rich people who had seen worst days at a time when they need support of someone. So basically accord to me, yes.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

gowri_amySayNO2Fur.Mahek_No1Neloufer.Cup-Of-Chai

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Chanchan.

Parents are always expected to provide the best care and facilities to their children,and most of them do..!  But is that kindness and care reciprocated by children, once they grow older? And in cases where children choose not to care for their elderly parents, should they be legally obliged to do so? Should a law be enforced to ensure parents are taken care of by children after adulthood.

Debate.

Hahaha ..Sure ..LOL ..But ask those lawmakers to first make sure those same parents who would seek protection under such a law had treated their own parents well ...Parents and also their children ...

On a serious note:  I would term such law as  collusive Chanchu ..Cause not all children or parents can be ideal or best ...It's the children after all who grow up to become parents one day ...Also I believe it would be unfair to enforce love like that ...cause it might only exacerbate the situation further and foster more bitterness in relation ...Hm ..

Vintu ...Ouch

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-victoRiya-SayNO2Fur.Mahek_No1mittijalebiNeloufer.FreshDaisy-Rashi

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Originally posted by .Chanchan.

Debate.

Hahaha ..Sure ..LOL ..But ask those lawmakers to first make sure those same parents who would seek protection under such a law had treated their own parents well ...Parents and also their children ...

On a serious note:  I would term such law as  collusive Chanchu ..Cause not all children or parents can be ideal or best ...It's the children after all who grow up to become parents one day ...Also I believe it would be unfair to enforce love like that ...cause it might only exacerbate the situation further and foster more bitterness in relation ...Hm ..

Vintu ...Ouch

hahaha the law does not discriminate Wink and unfortunately cannot be aplied retrospectively Ouch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahek_No1Neloufer.

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
Some children are pretty horrible to their parents, so a legal system should not bind them together. 

Also, I believe that one should be independent. I have seen 60-70 year olds living life more than my parents do, and they are happy. Everybody should get a choice on how they want to live their life. 

It is the right thing to look after your parents as they have brought you up, however in case some children treat their parents badly, the parents should have the freedom to do whatever the heck they want without the legal system telling them that they are dependent on the kids. 

Also, if the children unfairly let their parents fend for themselves, our legal system should also support those people, rather than leave them alone and helpless. 

~K

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24-Swetha--Inferno--Raichu-Neloufer...SankiMedhz..

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

hahaha the law does not discriminate Wink and unfortunately cannot be aplied retrospectively Ouch

And this is why such lame laws should not made and promulgated ..Ouch ..and if they do .. I ll adopt YOU after 30 years from now ...Hahahaha ..Yeah !  ..LOL

Vintu ...Tongue

Ps:  Lawmaking ain't no picnic ..There are a hell of a lotta things that deserve consideration before the laws are put in place ..I guess ..Ouch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SayNO2Fur.Neloufer.

|Persephone|

IF-Veteran Member

|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
No, I think such a law would be horrible! Abuse of the elderly is already such a big problem and forcing such a situation by law would be atrocious! I think people should take care of their parents out of love and respect for them, not because they are being forced too! Some elderly people love their own independence and want to run their own household or live relatively independently in a assisted living facility! I know I would like that in the future. I think it's a conversation parents need to have with their kids and then the situations dealt with as they arise. Ofcourse if the parents cannot take care of themselves anymore, then I think children need to make sure that they are taken care of - whether it be in their own home or through a service or in a assisted living facility.
Btw, my answer is only relevant to the US (and maybe Canada?), I do not think there are as many choices in India (and nor am I informed enough about this issue in that country to make any comment).

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Originally posted by zorrro

And this is why such lame laws should not made and promulgated ..Ouch ..and if they do .. I ll adopt YOU after 30 years from now ...Hahahaha ..Yeah !  ..LOL

Vintu ...Tongue

Ps:  Lawmaking ain't no picnic ..There are a hell of a lotta things that deserve consideration before the laws are put in place ..I guess ..Ouch
There would be some obligatory conditions I am sure LOL  parents who havent looked after their children do not get entitled to being looked after  by them Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top