Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai Synopsis DISSECTED!

ZAHARA. IF-Rockerz
ZAHARA.
ZAHARA.

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 5:34am | IP Logged
There's been many complaints since the beginning of QH about the future storylines but Gul herself had said that the story is being kept true and nothing has been changed. And possibly even the Zoya-Ayaan marriage. I've been reading a lot of posts over here and external sites where people have given some interesting views, so I decided why not do a complete dissection of the synopsis? Sighhh, the hours spent annotating media texts!

Credit for inspiration: bheegi, mitwa-ka-ishq, other sites

Qubool Hai is a Muslim Social Drama in the "Rom Com" zone. I don't know whether this is relevant or not, but I'm quite intrigued to understand WHY 'drama' isn't placed here, because after all - the whole backstory between Zoya's parents and Asad VS Rashid is all drama! After researching this (mainly using wikipedia) romantic comedies are films or series with "a light-hearted, humorous plotlines, centered on romantic ideals such as that true love is able to surmount most obstacles". Another says, "a funny movie, play, or television program about a love story that ends happily". In all of these definitions, it mentions either true love or love story ending happily. Qubool Hai has never failed to show us humorous moments as well as dramatic moments, but I guess the reason for "rom com" is because drama gives it a much harsher, much more dramatic (well, duh!) tone whereas rom com seems much more softer? Either way, A LOVE STORY THAT ENDS HAPPILY. That is the main point we need to remember. 

It is the story of two families related by blood and yet distanced by circumstances. It is the story of two brothers Ayaan and Asad who are separated by their families but are united in their hearts. I think this is pretty much self-explanatory. The most obvious 'two' families are Dilshad & co and Shireen & co, both of their children are related by blood, Rashid's blood and are distanced by circumstances which is Rashid leaving Dilshad for Shireen and being involved in Razia/Ghafoor's plan. But yet I'm also considering that it's about Zoya as well. "Two families" - Zoya and Ghafoor (and Humera to some extent) who are related by blood - Ghafoor is Zoya's dad and yet distanced by circumstances, Ghafoor thinks Zoya is dead and NOW Zoya thinks he is dead. Quite ironic how these situations are distanced by the same person: Razia. And then it mentions about Ayaan and Asad who are united in their hearts, which we have seen so far. Despite it all, both brothers are still close, even if they do have to meet secretly. 

It is also the story of Zoya, a girl who starts by hating the culture of hypocrisy in joint families and eventually ends up bringing together the two warring families. I'm a bit confused with this statement, "who starts by hating the culture of hypocrisy in joint families," I understand that hypocrisy means an idea of values that a person claims to have but doesn't link with their behaviour? But the culture of hypocrisy in joint families? It's quite ambiguous. Does it mean there are joint families yet many do not share the same views? Or do not live together in peace? Zoya eventually ends up bringing together the two warring families. This bit I do agree. So far, we've seen Zoya being almost the catalyst between the two brothers, especially when she brought Ayaan to Asad when Ayaan was hospitalised. And then there was her interaction with Ayaan, or "Rabart" when they were planning against Asad. And the main one is the Holi episode where she ends up bringing the two most separated people of either families, Asad and Ayaan. 

The journey of the Khan family is seen through the eyes of our three protagonists... Zoya the young, spunky and progressive NRI, Ayaan the charming boy who falls for every beautiful face and Asad the man with angst who eventually learns to love. Even I'm questioning why Gul & co decided to describe the characters in this way. Zoya is described as "progressive", an interesting way to describe someone. Progressive means a gradual change, which Zoya brings between the two families. But then there's Ayaan who falls for every beautiful face, why this exactly? Could it be because he only truly falls for one person? Some sort of irony? And Asad the man with angst who eventually learns to love. Love what? I'm going to be ambiguous and say Asad eventually learns to love people, whether that's Zoya or his father. He learns to accept people despite their faults. 

The show begins at the point where Zoya runs away from a marriage that was being forced on her and a twist of fate makes her get married to Ayaan instead.  We've seen the beginning where Zoya is getting married to Akram but runs away and falls into Asad's path. What this fails to mention is that Zoya has been living in Asad's house for the past few months. Why doesn't it mention such an important factor? The clue is in the words "twist of fate". This usually means something that happens outside of fate, or that isn't written in someone's destiny. Zoya living with Asad is "fate" but the "twist of fate" - the most shocking factor, I suppose, is that she gets married to Ayaan INSTEAD. Meaning she did have a chance to marry Asad but something happened that led to her in Ayaan's path. Somehow I can't help but think of Tanveer here. Tanveer has one motive, to get rid of Zoya and get married to Asad. But she also wants revenge from Razia. What better way that get Zoya to marry Ayaan into Razia's family, and take Asad for herself? Again it's ambiguous, we don't know what happens that leads to Zoya/Ayaan's wedding.

Zoya enters the traditional, orthodox home of Ayaan...just the kind of family she distrusts and questions. Zoya distrusts the family and questions them - why exactly? Somehow, I feel this is when she finds out about Ghafoor being her father and Humera her half sister. She begins to question things especially as she is so close to the one person she has been searching for, for years.

She is a total misfit in the conservative home that is run by the super orthodox doyen of the family. And as is to be expected it leads to immediate disaster. It's expected for Zoya to be a total misfit because although Asad was quite conservative, his family was also quite nuclear whereas here, it's a joint, traditional family something Zoya would not have experienced. This is where she eventually finds out about Ghafoor "leads to immediate disaster." 

A lot of squabbles ensure, especially between Ayaan and Zoya and neither realise when they end up falling in love. Wait, hold up! I know what you are thinking, Zoya and Ayaan in love? I don't think so. Again the ambiguity is mind blowing! Yes a lot of arguments happen but it also means outside of Ayaan and Zoya, so who else can have arguments? Perhaps between Asad and Ayaan? Maybe Asad's jealousy get the better of him? Asad at this point is in love with Zoya and can't bear to see what happened to him, he begins to hate Zoya and ends up getting engaged to Tanveer? (explanation for this will be told below). Ayaan and Zoya have arguments because the marriage is probably a fake marriage, in the sense that neither wanted it in the first place but had to happen (again what I said before about something happening that leads to this?) Neither realise when they end up falling in love. I don't think it's talking about Ayaan and Zoya together, I think it's talking about Zoya falling in love with Asad and Ayaan falling in love with Humera. Quite interesting now to think of it, Asad and Humera are similar in the sense that they are mature whilst Zoya and Ayaan are similar in the sense that they are more free and more expressive, so wouldn't it make sense for Ayaan and Zoya to fall in love with others LAST?

In the meanwhile, Asad is engaged to a very traditional conservative girl. Asad though not quite in love with her, respects her immensely for her devout ways and is beginning to see a life with her. When do we ever accept someone else despite not loving them? When our own hearts are broken. Like I said before, Asad begins to hate Zoya because he can't understand why she left him for Ayaan (and Asad has fallen deeply in love with her, whilst Zoya doesn't until after being married to Ayaan) and because of his broken heart, it leads him to say yes to getting engaged to Tanveer. This I'm presuming happens just after Zoya/Ayaan's marriage. 

However, like fate usually does, things take a turn. Ayaan's temporary marriage to Zoya gets dissolved and Zoya finds out that Ayaan was responsible for it. WHY does it mention TEMPORARY marriage? Isn't a marriage a marriage, anyhow? Just relates back to my point about Zoya and Ayaan having a fake marriage for some reason. Zoya finds out Ayaan was responsible for it; somehow I can't help but think back to the time when Ayaan didn't know about Zoya and used to tease Asad about liking his house guest. Perhaps, Ayaan finds out about Asad's love for Zoya? And maybe he has a hunch that Zoya loves Asad too? He would do anything for his brother, ANYTHING so what's the odds that he breaks the marriage to bring Zoya back to Asad?

And here, Asad finds out that his pious to be bride is a complete liar and was taking him for a ride all along. This is definitely the part where Tanveer's lies and pregnancy is revealed. Isn't it strange how Zoya/Ayaan's marriage is dissolved just as soon as Tanveer's secrets are revealed? Hmm...

And now begins the next chapter of the story... with Ayaan wanting to win back Zoya with whom he has totally fallen in love with and Asad vowing to never ever love again. I think this is an act. My theory is that Ayaan knows that Asad has fallen in love with Zoya but is "vowing never to love again", which relates to my next point. Ayaan wants to bring back Zoya with whom he has fallen in love with is just an act, something that Ayaan does so that Asad helps him. Ayaan is the one who gets Zoya and Asad married under the pretence that it's for Ayaan's sake. (The halala and that you can't get married to back to the same person unless you are married to someone else first). 

Ayaan realises that the only way he can win back Zoya is with the help of Asad. But Asad hates women and more so women like Zoya. So what will unfold now between the two brothers and Zoya? Again, I'm still thinking that Ayaan WANTS Asad to "Help" him with Zoya, in the end Ayaan's true gameplan is to get AsYa together no matter what, because Asad is too stuck up against the fact that Zoya left him, and Tanveer cheated on him (I'm guessing that Asad does still love his brother but can't stand Zoya). Asad hates women like Zoya - well, we've already established that Asad has changing views on Zoya, so it's NOT about the way she dresses or behaves but maybe its the fact that she left him. This chapter is about Ayaan bringing AsYa together, pretending its for the halala but then AsYa reveal their love for each other. 

So that's pretty much it! There's hidden meanings in this synopsis and it's not as straight forward as it seems. I think Ayaan has a bigger role to play especially as I think he brings AsYa together. After this, I'm assuming him and Humera have a proper relationship (hopefully!). Thanks for reading, if you want any more dissected scenes, let me know with a PM on what scene you want and I'll try to do it as soon as possible! My post on Tanveer will be up soon as possible! 

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

prasikshyataminder1arnjalskcpveduasya04hsvsronitkifanSiri22suds...Labyrinth.....MonaCo...sho-shweet-Shormi--serein-sam.bheegiKulfiBai..preethi..HawaaPot...OohLaLa...Peeves.s120viya.mallik4evarogerrocks-RohitMaxwell-

viya.mallik4eva IF-Sizzlerz
viya.mallik4eva
viya.mallik4eva

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Wow, hats off just for your effort in dissecting here.
As I read it, it seems like the synopsis seem more complicated than it sounds.
Even I always wondered why zoya living in Asad's house is skipped from synopsis. Its like 6 months of story.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Npdeepa

Peeves. IF-Sizzlerz
Peeves.
Peeves.

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Yes what I've found interesting in the synopsis is that it states that they end up falling in love but it never says they fall in love with each other. If this synopsis is legit then I think they were alluding to Zoya falling in love with Asad and Ayaan with Humaira. I find the Zoyaan marraige completely unnecessary however and I hope they have since then changed it . Excellent post btw Big smile ! x

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

arnjalronitkifan

Riya.S.007 IF-Sizzlerz
Riya.S.007
Riya.S.007

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 6:00am | IP Logged
agree with u.i have read the synopsis in Dishtv programme guide. i had doubt that zoe doesnt hate muslim culture, so why is that stating there? and if the synopsis to be true, we would hv already zow ayaan scenes which will lead to marriage, but there is nothing lyk that.

i dont think this synopsis will eventually turn out to be true

preetijaiswal19

HawaaPot IF-Sizzlerz
HawaaPot
HawaaPot

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 6:15am | IP Logged
Its very complicated Wacko
I don't like the idea of Ayan getting married to Zoya and the story after that Sleepy

cyrine

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 6:24am | IP Logged
Wow..That was wonderfully written..You gave a positive spin to the much dreaded and hated synopsisLOL I still don want them to go as far as getting Zoya married to Ayaan..The very thought of Zoya being married to both the brothers is kinda gross..Even if they do resort to it, i hope its dealt with sensitivity..Anyways wonderful post..

Siri22

sam. IF-Rockerz
sam.
sam.

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Excellent analysis of the synopsis ! I really think everyone should stop freaking out about the synopsis I really don't think its going to be as bad as it sounds ! Asad and zoya at this point of time are not even ready for a relationship let alone marraige ! One of them does not want to accept their feelings and the other does not even realize that they are in love ! We don't even know how the cv's are going to handle the ZoYaan track ,we are anticipating trouble even before it has happened ! From day one of the episode the cv's have made it a point to show that AsYa are soulmates so how can either of them love anyone else ? And if ayaan does fall for zoya what's the big deal she is never going to fall for him !

manisha1412

preetijaiswal19 IF-Dazzler
preetijaiswal19
preetijaiswal19

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 6:42am | IP Logged
This synopsis cannot hold true any longer because Asad has already fallen in love with Zoya... and Zoya too loves Asad.

Maybe if Ayaan did not know that Zoya lives in Asad's house, and that Asad knows her etc, then we could say he falls in love with her, but by their interaction so far, it seems HIGHLY UNLIKELY that they will fall in love, unless the PH decides to screw the story and show nonsense!!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CHAYMANpdeepas120

Go to top