Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 11

sub_rosa

IF-Dazzler

sub_rosa

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 2:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eeyoretel

Originally posted by sub_rosa

Watched it. The film was satisfying for the most part, the only exception being KJo's portion.The plot of that film is not even remotely connected to cinema. It seemed pointless and half-baked. However, the plot did have the potential to develop into a full-length feature, an intriguing one perhaps, if handled well.I liked all the other stories. Dibakar's portion belonged to a different league altogether. Zoya's was really sweet, and heartwarming. Anurag's was fine too. The performances were extra-ordinary. I particularly liked Nawaz, who is plain marvelous...and Naman Jain. Sadashiv Amrapurkar and VineetKumar alsodeserve special mention.

I was wondering the same reading all the reviews.

Right! The only link would be a couple of old Madan Mohan numbers that express the emotional turmoil the lead characters go through. Anyway, I am really surprised that apart from Bharadwaj Rangan, no other critic pointed out the obvious flaws in KJo's short. Everybody wants to be in KJo's good books I guess. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "BOMBAY TALKIES REVIEWS (Page 10)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MR.KooL

IF-Stunnerz

MR.KooL

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 4:06am | IP Logged

Bombay Talkies: Opening Weekend Box Office Collections

May 6th, 2013 by Mohar Basu

The experimental anthology film that is dedicated to a very slim part of the urban cine goers, Bombay Talkies' pace is strikingly snail paced. Made on a budget of approx 12 crores, the film earned 1.05 crores at the domestic box office on the opening day. Though the occupancy picked up on Saturday, the film still managed a low collection of 1.75 crores, while Sunday saw the film earning an average amount of 2.25 crores. The film has earned 5.05 crores at the domestic box office so far.

The film with artistic bent is appealing for the celebration of the emotion of cinema, that has been quintessential to the popular culture. Bollywood played an omnipresent role in governing dictates of trends in fashion and style, Bombay Talkies is an omnibus of heart wrenching films created to the hilt of perfection.
Rani Mukerji in Bombay Talkies Movie Stills

Rani Mukerji in Bombay Talkies Movie Stills

The film's performance is expected to improve this week as the response from those who have watched it has been unanimously positive. Though targeted at a limited section of film viewing audiences, it wasn't made with the intention of raking up money but to just commemorate the essence of movies and Bollywood in our otherwise mundane lives. 

riti4u

IF-Stunnerz

riti4u

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 6:00am | IP Logged
saw the movie on friday...there was less crowd...it is okay movie...i agree that it is for selective audience.. i only liked zoya's story...rest were nothin gr8..or excitin..may be i m not that kind of intellectual audience...I only watch movies for entertainment..and in that criteria..i didnt find it much appealing to me as an audience...But yes performance wise..Rani was good and Nawazzudin was good too...Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nkapoor3

Lighthearted

IF-Dazzler

Lighthearted

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 11:05am | IP Logged
i like this movie in some part and portion

Lighthearted

IF-Dazzler

Lighthearted

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Shiv Sena and Raj no objection about name of the film...strange

Sunshine797

IF-Sizzlerz

Sunshine797

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lighthearted

bal thackray is dead,  raj thackray loves moviesBig smile..raj was scared of bal thackray  only..now he is khulla sher
they don't have any objections to anything, they only wanna scare people who r alone that is y  he only attacked kjo alone...this time there r four of them + viacom 18

Lighthearted

IF-Dazzler

Lighthearted

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bwtsweetu

Originally posted by Lighthearted

bal thackray is dead,  raj thackray loves moviesBig smile..raj was scared of bal thackray  only..now he is khulla sher
they don't have any objections to anything, they only wanna scare people who r alone that is y  he only attacked kjo alone...this time there r four of them + viacom 18

wow what a complete answer looks you from politicsConfused 

MR.KooL

IF-Stunnerz

MR.KooL

Posted: 07 May 2013 at 9:13am | IP Logged

Bombay Talkies: 1st Monday Box Office Collections

May 7th, 2013 by Mohar Basu

Though critics acclaimed Bombay Talkies as the one film that stands as a must watch in an entire century of Indian cinema, the audiences don't seem to agree with the critics at all. An anthology film by Karan JoharDibakar BanerjeeZoya Akhtar and Anurag kashyap despite putting up a stellar show on screen failed to evoke a good response at the box office.

The film, that was made on a budget of 6 crores has almost earned its investment and is slowly moving towards acquiring some profits, earned a shabby collection of merely 80 lacs on Monday. The film now stands at a domestic total of about 5.85 Crores at the Box Office.

Randeep Hooda And Rani Mukerji in a still from Bombay Talkies Movie

A Still from the making of Bombay Talkies Movie

The film's occupancy though picked up meagerly on Saturday and barely sustained through the weekend, stood in a grievous state on Monday with a drastic drop in its income and occupancy both. A very limited segment of the multiplex audiences who are viewing the film with a celebratory vigor, cannot make up for the lucrative circuits in which the film's performance has dropped majorly.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top