Chhan Chhan

DOTW~|| An Ideal Daughter-In-Law|| (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

CrazyBoy-.Hd.-

IF-Sizzlerz

CrazyBoy-.Hd.-

C&V Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 28 April 2013 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Senorita Sanaya

Originally posted by GodhuliLogon

Originally posted by ..hrideyy..

no views???

dont bother .. here less ppl comes for DOTW .. ( dont know why ) ..

I prefer DOTW then GOTW because I dont have time to play games at all though I am tempted to play them.
But I love interesting discussions.

its same in most of the forum modlst of the peopoes dont come for DOTW'sShocked

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW~|| An Ideal Daughter-In-Law|| (Page 2)" in Chhan Chhan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kesh123

IF-Addictz

Kesh123

Posted: 29 April 2013 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
:P ! 

.Anamika.

IF-Dazzler

.Anamika.

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 2:36pm | IP Logged

An interesting topic. I googled an image for "ideal bahu" and this is what I got:

It's so stereotypical to think that "this" is how an ideal daughter-in-law should be. Every single person is different and there are too many pressures placed on a girl to behave a certain way just to get marriage proposals.

Looking at any matrimonial website, the ideal bahu will be listed as "5'4-5'5, fair, pretty, fairly educated and makes a decent amount of money, submissive, soft-spoken, etc."

I think in today's times, the woman is expected to work sometimes. But definitely not earn as much as the groom. They're expected to be submissive and gentle so they can take care of their family and kids. Cook good food for their husbands and clean the house properly.

But women can't be shoved into a stereotypical role. I don't know how to cook well at all! Just a little bit of curries here and there and basic survival cooking but that's it. I don't even like the kitchen! But I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Men need to take more responsibilities around the house as well if women are joining the workforce. Traditional roles are changing and society needs to embrace that.

My biggest issue of how bahus are expected to be is the submissiveness. Why is it that women in the show are always shown to be so overly traditional and afraid to speak up? They're almost never independent and live in huge havelis taking care of the household.

To me, a girl who's independent, ambitious but also cares for her in-laws like her own parents is an ideal daughter-in-law. She should be able to make sacrifices but shouldn't be the only one making them. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CrazyBoy-.Hd.-GodhuliLogon

Post Reply New Post

Go to top