Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

PopPrincess

IF-Rockerz

PopPrincess

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
it's passion i guess LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "alchoHOL-passion or fashion (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~Simmi~

IF-Sizzlerz

~Simmi~

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Well, I also think those who consume would be able to tell us more clearly the differences between moderate consumption and addiction and why they consume and get addicted

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 5:35pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Vishesh

)

yeah i wanted that Smile

coz i thought those who don't take alcohol, they can only assume or can guess by other;s experience.

but someone who takes, and says which reason it cud be, that is more reliable one. A direct first hand experience.

But i think, only these two reasons(poll-choices) are not sufficient ones. bcoz sometime it is in culture or in family tradition too. And a Moderated quanitiy is treated like, hmm as we treat Tea n coffee.

Tea/Coffee too have harmful things, but are accepted in moderate quantity.

Yes Vishesh every one who doesn't drink or has no one in their family and friends who drinks assumes every one who touches alchohol is a drunkard.Stern Smile

Yes there are families that drink with friends in "moderate"quantity. Meaning enough to "loosen up" NOT make a fool of themselves amongst respectable people. Many social drinkers find that alcohol makes you un-wind just like coffee and tea does to many tea/ coffee drinkers. Neither is it a passion for them NOR is it a fashion !!Ermm 

Infact drinking a wine a day is medically supposed to be good for heart !!(please note i say one glass only.....not like a drunk when you consume to loose your senses)

Edited by Aparna_BD - 30 July 2006 at 5:37pm

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 5:41pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sammie12

Well, I also think those who consume would be able to tell us more clearly the differences between moderate consumption and addiction and why they consume and get addicted

Moderate consumption is when you drink occasionally ONLY or have ONE glass a day!!! Addiction is when you crave for a drink (you have a problem!!)

Moderate or social drinkers also DO NOT get high and loose control of their senses. And what is each person's capacity to drink and still be in 100% senses to even drive a vehicle varies with each individual. It could be one glass for some it could be 2-3 beers for another.

~Simmi~

IF-Sizzlerz

~Simmi~

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 5:46pm | IP Logged
Thanks Aparna for explaining coz I had no idea as I dont consume
and also learnt that moderate consumption is good for the heart as I always heard that alcohol affects the liver and dangerous for health

~Simmi~

IF-Sizzlerz

~Simmi~

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
that means I must have drunk it several times without my knowledge........too lazy to read the instructions LOL

getting to learn so much from here..thanks

In my case, its neither fashion nor passion but consumption for benefaction Smile

stutii

stutii

Posted: 31 July 2006 at 5:14am | IP Logged
VISHESH , U SEEM TO BE KNOWING A LOT ABOUT ALCHOHOL , HA!!!! Tongue WELL, I GUESS I WOULD WANT UR HELP IN SETTING UP ANOTHER POLL!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 31 July 2006 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Thx Vishesh for sharing some intersting facts even i wasn't aware of. Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top