Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

stutii

stutii

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 3:41am | IP Logged
fEEL fREE TO WRITE DOWN UR THOUGHTS

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "alchoHOL-passion or fashion" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 5:22am | IP Logged
i think this poll is unfair.So i didn't vote!!

The reason being for many people it may start as a fascination(you can say fashion if you like). Then they would enjoy it and continue to consume it only in parties or with friends as a sense of relaxation and enjoyment later. I mean social drinker like me,my husband and our friends and in my society in which we move like our families and their friends too!!!!!! Smile I know the middle class Indian society frowns on it !! But there are many upper middle class society members from India that do drink socially at parties and with friends or meet their friends at a night club or bar.

Please don't confuse these people who sit at home and order their wife to get them some ice and soda and then all alone daily pour themselves cheap scotch on the rocks. These are the people who drink as its their "passion" if you want to call it. These are the people who are likely to show classic signs of "dangers of drinking"!!!!!!!!!!!

jassisuri

Goldie

jassisuri

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 8:46am | IP Logged
Confused i think it is addiction, and dangerous to health, liver Ouch

stutii

stutii

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 8:51am | IP Logged
VISHESH,I THINK IT IS FASHION.

stutii

stutii

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 8:54am | IP Logged
It is just that ppl do it to prove that they r cool

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Alcohol in small quantity is supposed to be good for the health,right????ErmmErmmErmm

Coming to the question,I think people feel that they get bracketed with the "hip and happening" people if they drink/smoke Confused ....Finally its each to their own....Personal choices.... Smile

Super Kool

IF-Sizzlerz

Super Kool

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 10:13am | IP Logged
I definitely think that its just coz of FASHION.Majority of drunkards hav their first xperience of drinking during thier teenage.teenagers are easily drawn towards these things coz it gives them a sense of superiorty.It givs them a reason to boast among their frnds n i think teenagers r not directly to b blamed for this.The moral values hav degraded.

PPL start drinking just out of FASHION.The general mentality is"IF He is drinking then y can't i?Ppl ll think i m old fashioned n stuck up.No no!Y shudn't i giv it try.Atleast They ll think that i m moving along wid the trend."

Later on they get addicted to it and

''FASHION TURNS INTO PASSION.''

~Simmi~

IF-Sizzlerz

~Simmi~

Posted: 30 July 2006 at 11:04am | IP Logged
passion for some and fashion for some
Well, I dont consume alcohol
(wrote coz vishesh wanted to knowLOL)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top