Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki

Is this "Sanskaar"?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Amri-

IF-Dazzler

-Amri-

Posted: 22 April 2013 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Just copying a comment I made on an IF article recently- this needed to be said, I think.

I am a big fan of Jay's from his light-hearted and well-etched soap "Sasural Genda...".

But this is a show that I completely can't relate to. Kishan and Bhoomi are cute, and Jay is doing a good job, but the 'wow' factor is somehow missing.

I especially don't like the way they delineate "sanskaar". Of course, culture has a lot to do with external practices, but an integral part of any culture is its ethos- its values, beliefs, its core ideals, etc.

And IMHO such a rigid depiction of sanskaar with the timid bahu doing tasks to prove herself is not relatable. Is the makers' definition of sanskaar so rigid and narrow? Seriously. 

The way any culture thrives is to keep evolving, by changing all that is regressive according to the demands of the age, by accepting, by integrating. 

But the makers seem to have forgotten this- a major oversight, I think. 

Fans- didn't intend to hurt anyone's feelings, but my personal opinion purely. Blind glorification just gets my goat. And even though Aroona Irani is a good actress, I just can't come to terms with her character. 

Edited by Amri174 - 22 April 2013 at 7:57am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

simidhillon89trinitynyxnanda_gopamtanwynobodyatnotimeN.bhavnaPreetyLoveJSSuShaanRocksLaters.Baby.FearlessSoul.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is this "Sanskaar"?" in Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nobodyatnotime

nobodyatnotime

Posted: 22 April 2013 at 8:10am | IP Logged
I agree with you. I don't accept this definition of "values" either. Values is more intrinsic than external, the way Aruna Irani's character treats her bahoo does not speak of any sanskaar whatsoever.
2ndly, I find this an extremely regressive idea that a newly wed wife has to prove herself worthy of her in-laws' family. She is a human being, not something inanimate to measure on a scale. Bhoomi is a sweet girl, she loves her husband, respects her elders, she has been professionally successful- I don't see why she has to do such huge tasks single-handedly  to prove herself. Why should anybody have to do all that alone? is that the value of a joint family- one person working and others judging, giving scores and criticizing? I also don't hold with the idea that a new bride has to change the way she dresses overnight. If there has to be adjustments, it has to be made from both sides, here it is all one-sided, nobody is prepared to meet her even half or quarter way.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

N.bhavna-Amri-

nobodyatnotime

nobodyatnotime

Posted: 22 April 2013 at 8:11am | IP Logged
P.S: I loved Jay Soni since he played an angry teenaged prince of Chittor on Prithviraj Chauhan, then he was adorable in SGF. But here his character shoudl have stopped all this pariksha business.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

N.bhavnaPreetyLoveJS-Amri-.FearlessSoul.

mtanwy

mtanwy

Posted: 22 April 2013 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
want 2 share my thots
gayatri thot kishen does not deserve bhumi so she cancelled his work permit and did injustice with him just 2 show her anger.but her plan backfired.
same goes with ansu ba.she thinks bhumi is not worth 4 kishen n also she thinks kishen marry her cos she helped him.
people do a lot of wrong things when they r angry.ansu ba is a short tempered person n has a full cntrol over her family.she never heard no 4 anything n this is the first time she heard a no n also that 4m her favorite grand son.so her ego wounded and she just cant handle it.she knows if she punishes bhumi it will heart kishen most.i am not saying what she is doin with bhumi is right but people do out of character things when they r heart.

and ya jay was damn good in sgp.i still remember whn i started watching sgp.i saw the first promo n i said oh my god the guy is damn adorable,i have 2 watch this serial.
i watched it 4m first epi got attached with storyline  n all the characters.and jay soni he is sweeter than his teddy bear sweetu.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

N.bhavnaPreetyLoveJSSuShaanRocks-Amri-.FearlessSoul.

annpurna1111

annpurna1111

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 12:45am | IP Logged
This is not the first show on tv where we are getting to see these wicked things happening ,take the example of almost every show  where planning and plotting happening against the bahu of the show
In these TV DRAMAS ,the things shown are always out of the way just to create more interest and suspense.

nanda_gopa

nanda_gopa

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 1:07am | IP Logged
I agree with your sentiments Amri174. This is not a depiction of Sanskar at all--it is pure autocracy and demanding respect because I am older, I am the grandmother, etc... And there is nothing that can justify the bad behavior of the bahus. Depressing!
That is why we need "willing suspension of disbelief" to watch these shows. :-)

nobodyatnotime-Amri-

kritikakk

Goldie

kritikakk

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 1:35am | IP Logged
well definetly this show is by no means depicting 'sanskaars' as it wld lead one to believe by the name!

what its showing is how some ppl like ansuba in d so called name of 'sanskaar' is actually being autrocious, inhumane, illogical, abusive n downright toturous to her bhoomi!

i dont agree with it, yet at same time i suppose there are ppl out there who wld use this as a guise,they talk abt sanskaar n culture but their actions depicts only their regressive egostic introverted personality!

nobodyatnotime-Amri-

.FearlessSoul.

IF-Addictz

.FearlessSoul.

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 1:39am | IP Logged
Agree with ya.. HATE THIS SHOW Dead
jay's talent is only being wasted in this pathetic show.. Dead

SuShaanRocks-Amri-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top