Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 09 May 2013 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
A deeply insightful and powerful piece! And written with a lot of clarity and eloquence. Kudos to you!
It's so sad that in amidst all this dirt, it is ultimately the girl who is made to feel dirty. I think that is the worst part of such assaults - and by assaults, I mean the physical and the mental, the actual as well as as the imagined/ feared - the fact that they attack the very self-worth of a person. 

Again, very powerful piece. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Kittya_Cullen-Risha_ipkknd-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Naked (Page 2)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Andy_Loves_ASYA

Andy_Loves_ASYA

Posted: 10 May 2013 at 5:46pm | IP Logged
Wow.. That was superb..
Although I never imagine myself or my friends in that place as perves don't really dare to glare at gals here... And you see nearly every girl or women wearing short dresses But then the girl who is wearing a burqa or salwar kameez is the one who perves stare at... I dunno why?? Maybe cause they're used to seeing short dresses! they are soo sick!Angry

Anyway your words were amazing and if I was in india not in New Zealand then I would probably have experienced your words...
Your a great writer... Loved it...Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Risha_ipkknd-

ShikhaKhushi

IF-Rockerz

ShikhaKhushi

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Completely agree!

-Risha_ipkknd-

Crazy4AshVik

IF-Rockerz

Crazy4AshVik

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Beautifully Penned...Could feel the intensity..Kudos to You..!

-Risha_ipkknd-

jeb1

IF-Sizzlerz

jeb1

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:02am | IP Logged
It was great job

-Risha_ipkknd-

Madafterarhi

Madafterarhi

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:07am | IP Logged
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Thank you for expressing the sentiments of all the women in India, . And showcased so beautifully through the eyes of an innocent teenager who defintely does not need to experience such horror. No woman does.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">The rebel in me wants to scream so bad. I just always want to be treated as an equal to everyone, my family, friends and my brother. Why can he stay out late, and not me? Why can he sit the way he wants while I'm supposed to be subdued and "appropriate" and "ladylike"?! What the hell does that even MEAN?</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Dammit, why should I have to stop and think before slipping on a short dress or a pair of shorts?</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Leering, ogling and blatantly having your bodies mentally x-rayed should not, CAN NOT be passed on as a "men will be men" phrase!</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I'm sorry, I know this was supposed to be a comment and not a rant, but the recent events happenings really portray India at its lowest. Ireally cannot tell you how grateful I am for giving me a chance to vent my frustration and disgust too.</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"></font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">But I just don't want to be scared anymore.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">-Disha</font>

Edited by Madafterarhi - 16 May 2013 at 5:18am

-Risha_ipkknd-

Maddy1270

IF-Dazzler

Maddy1270

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:43am | IP Logged
concur a 100% with each and every sentiment that you've put down here! not only the stares and the touches, the disgusting songs one has to endure makes one want to smack those so-called men! I still remember the times I travelled by DTC bus... I almost always disembarked from it with the feeling of wanting to go jump into a  bath of dettol... no law can save Indian women until men are taught that women aren't objects and Indian men aren't treated as special beings by the womenfolk!

Edited by Maddy1270 - 15 May 2013 at 10:45am

-Risha_ipkknd-

ronniecarter

ronniecarter

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:48am | IP Logged

i loved it...although i don't live in Delhi but the condition is not much different

i love decent shorts but never wear it, keep myself properly covered to not attract much attention.

i sometimes wish to have invisibility cloth like harry potter  had.

can we ever live in peace?? not worrying about what will everyone think?

can we ever be completely free from roadside romieo's? who follow, scare the hell out of us??

staring back in anger only works on the people who have shame and unfortunately the shameless onces are on loose

Edited by ronniecarter - 15 May 2013 at 10:56am

-Risha_ipkknd-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Writers Corner Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.