Debate Mansion

Who will be the next Prime Minister of India? (Page 5)

Poll Question: Who will be the next PM of India?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
36 [72.00%]
5 [10.00%]
1 [2.00%]
2 [4.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.00%]
2 [4.00%]
2 [4.00%]
1 [2.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 55

Frigate

IF-Dazzler

Frigate

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
@Bazigar: Thank you for your copy/paste from all over the net. While I appreciate your diligence in collecting material to discredit Modi in every way possible, I disagree with your points, mostly! Having seen your views on other DM threads, I had a fair idea of what the contents of those articles maybe. So excuse me, I didn't read any of them; in all honesty, lack of time was the biggest factor! Anyways, the fact is that no court has found Modi guilty and your rants will not change that fact! There are dime a dozen articles that will highlight Modi's flaws; rather flaw - Godhra! What else could be expected of a "leftist" media? Sadly, not many in the Indian news media have the spine to research and write the truth! They have written copiously praising his contribution to Gujarat's economy, and it is indeed heartening. Even if I were to concede that Modi may have been complicit in the Godhra riots, I doubt he will repeat that mistake. He has learnt a lesson and I am impressed that instead of running away from it all, he has boldly stood his ground and defended himself, without the help of Nehru/Gandhi family tag! Just for that, he is a far better candidate than any of the other choices!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who will be the next Prime Minister of India? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
In Pakistan an incident in a mosque called Lal Masjid happened few years ago.

Basically Lal Masjid is a mosque near capital Islamabad. There was a madrasa there and the students were invoved in activities like going after foreign nationals, raiding beauty parlors, fighting with police, enforcing their own views on others. There were reports of terrorists residing there as well. Pick any youtube video or go to news article of that time or even just as recently as few days back - the cleric still says he supports OBL and Taliban.

Anyway at that time many governments complained and asked to take action. Media asked to take action and civil society asked to take action. Musharraf deliberated and did not take action. Clerics from all over the world were brought in and they negotiated to stop all that and ask mosque administration to surrender terrorists to police. Politicans went in there too.

In the end one day someone from inside fired and killed a colnel I believe (the cleric there says bache se ghalti ho gaye ho gi). Army went in and fight started. 15-16 security men died and about 80-90 other people died which government said were extremists and terrorists.

Now Musharraf left and all politicians, media, civil society, anti musharraf people made musharraf a scapegoat and said women and children died and action was wrong. They estimated 700-1000 people died including women. Some said "bachio ko mar dia" etc. Musharraf went into exile and the judiciary in pakistan let free the cleric (who btw was caught escaping in burka). Later Chief Justice of Pakistan said people who were killed should be compensated (people who were terrorists and who killed 16 security people).

Today that cleric sits on TV and says well no court has proved anything against me. Today Musharraf is on trial for that operation while someone who openly supports OBL is free. Today a comission which this judiciary formed disclosed that NO WOMEN WAS KILLED AND TOTAL WHO DIED WERE 102. You know what thats same number as what government of that time said. There was no massacre, there was no women and children found. Yet that cleric is treated with respect.

Point is that this is our system. It is possible modi is not convicted because people are afraid to go against extremists and they have sympahtizers and support system. So the logic that you guys give for Modi can actually be applied to all the extremists in pakistan who you guys think are anti-India. They give the same excuse. well the court has not convicted us. I believe same excuse was given for Hafiz Saeed which India wanted.

To say that he wont repeat is not comforting to someone whose loved one has died. I hope there are better explanations to defend him.

And before you tell me that your judicial system is better than pakistan let me say this judiciary was supported by west and many western institutions like Harvard have praised our chief justice and awarded him accolades.

Edited by King-Anu - 25 April 2013 at 1:59pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

Frigate

IF-Dazzler

Frigate

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
@King-Anu: The comparisons you draw are laughable, at best! LOL! Are you really comparing the Indian judicial system with Pakistan's? I am sorry, I cannot take anything coming from Pak seriously, except their terrorists and the people behind the terrorists (read: ISI/Pak army); because they come "bearing arms"! Not their politicians, not the Govt., and certainly not their judiciary! While Indian politicians may be just as corrupt, I can assure you that the judiciary in India is not all that bad.
And you are comparing Modi to a "mullah" that was sheltering gun-toting "baccha"? I should perhaps not even bother to explain anymore; your bias is obvious!
@Your addendum: you guessed it, I don't trust the judiciary and the US may have been fooled; Pak has been doing that for a longtime now! The US is only now coming to realize the enormity of how Pak has manipulated it in the past!Tongue

Edited by Frigate - 25 April 2013 at 2:06pm

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Frigate

@King-Anu: The comparisons you draw are laughable, at best! LOL! Are you really comparing the Indian judicial system with Pakistan's? I am sorry, I cannot take anything coming from Pak seriously, except their terrorists and the people behind the terrorists (read: ISI/Pak army); because they come "bearing arms"! Not their politicians, not the Govt., and certainly not their judiciary! While Indian politicians may be just as corrupt, I can assure you that the judiciary in India is not all that bad.
And you are comparing Modi to a "mullah" that was sheltering gun-toting "baccha"? I should perhaps not even bother to explain anymore; your bias is obvious!

Actually your above post is laughbale.

- No where did I compare Modi to a Mullah. The point that you did not get is that the excuse that no court has convicted anyone is a lame one as there are many factors involved which can influence. I gave an example but THAT DOES NOT MEAN I was saying it holds true for India.

- So you are going to tell me who is biased. An idiot can see the bias you hold towards Pakistan. While feel free to show ONE INDIAN here on this forum who has analyzed his country like I have analyzed my coountry Pakistan.

next time when you argue like this...take some time out to read. otherwise dont waste my time. lol

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetHawaaPot

souro

souro

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
@King Anu: Flawed reasoning.
That cleric got away because the govt. which came after Musharraf was anti-Musharraf and wanted to blame Musharraf instead of the cleric. Enemy of my enemy is my friend - that's what I understood from what you described.

From your description what I see is that you actually inadvertently supported what others are saying for so long.

According to you, the succeeding govt. did not like Musharraf. Govt. implicates Musharraf in false case.

Case at hand: Central govt. does not not like Modi. Central govt. fails to implicate Modi in any case, be it true or false, even though they tried their best.

See the similarity and yet the difference? All the probes and everything are being conducted at a time when Congress is in power at the Centre, who, it can safely be said, does not like Modi. Yet Modi got clean chit so far every time.

Does this absolve Modi of his responsibility as a CM who was in power during that riot? Certainly not. That he failed to prevent the riot is definitely his responsibility. But failure to prevent a crime and being involved in a crime are two different things.

This also does not prove that Modi is a saint, maybe some evidence will turn up in future. But what it does prove is, those who are saying on this thread, that he masterminded the riot, are making completely baseless accusations as of now.

Edited by souro - 25 April 2013 at 2:24pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.assForever-KAreturn_to_hades

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

@King Anu: Flawed reasoning.
That cleric got away because the govt. which came after Musharraf was anti-Musharraf and wanted to blame Musharraf instead of the cleric. Enemy of my enemy is my friend - that's what I understood from what you described.

From your description what I see is that you're actually supporting what others are saying for so long.

According to you, the succeeding govt. did not like Musharraf. Govt. implicates Musharraf in false case.

Central govt. does not not like Modi. Central govt. fails to implicate Modi in any case, be it true or false, even though they tried their best.

See the similarity and yet the difference? All the probes and everything are being conducted at a time when Congress is in power at the Centre, who, it can safely be said, does not like Modi. Yet Modi got clean chit so far every time.

Does this absolve Modi of his responsibility as a CM who was in power during that riot? Certainly not. That he failed to prevent the riot is definitely his responsibility. But failure to prevent a crime and being involved in a crime are two different things.

This also does not prove that Modi is a saint, maybe some evidence will turn up in future. But what it does prove is, those who are saying on this thread, that he masterminded the riot, are making completely baseless accusations as of now.

Well lets separate the two as you are not clear on what is going on in Pakistan and I am not clear on what is going on India

1) The government that came after Musharraf was PPP and their leader benazir supported Lal masjid operation. The one to be blamed in case of Pakistan is judiciary which many believe is sympathetic to or is afraid of extremists. It has nothing to do with subsequent government as they too are suffering at hands of extremists and judiciary. On other issues they have problems with Musharraf

2) My intention to post this example was that in our society the fact that nothing is proven against anyone does not mean one is clean. There are many factors that come into play. In case of Pakistan it could be judicial activism. In case of India it could be lack of evidence.

I came to this conclusion based on the fact that riots did happen and many did die so its not like no event happened. Then I read articles, then I have seen him getting banned and then my friend told me some things as well.

The only bias I can hold here is against one person called modi. I am certainly not biased towards my country nor I am making general statements against India.

Anyway this person didnt understand whay kind of a person i am. lol. thanks for making some good points. I have to catch thue bus. lol tc

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetFair-n-luvly

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

In Pakistan an incident in a mosque called Lal Masjid happened few years ago.

Basically Lal Masjid is a mosque near capital Islamabad. There was a madrasa there and the students were invoved in activities like going after foreign nationals, raiding beauty parlors, fighting with police, enforcing their own views on others. There were reports of terrorists residing there as well. Pick any youtube video or go to news article of that time or even just as recently as few days back - the cleric still says he supports OBL and Taliban.

Anyway at that time many governments complained and asked to take action. Media asked to take action and civil society asked to take action. Musharraf deliberated and did not take action. Clerics from all over the world were brought in and they negotiated to stop all that and ask mosque administration to surrender terrorists to police. Politicans went in there too.

In the end one day someone from inside fired and killed a colnel I believe (the cleric there says bache se ghalti ho gaye ho gi). Army went in and fight started. 15-16 security men died and about 80-90 other people died which government said were extremists and terrorists.

Now Musharraf left and all politicians, media, civil society, anti musharraf people made musharraf a scapegoat and said women and children died and action was wrong. They estimated 700-1000 people died including women. Some said "bachio ko mar dia" etc. Musharraf went into exile and the judiciary in pakistan let free the cleric (who btw was caught escaping in burka). Later Chief Justice of Pakistan said people who were killed should be compensated (people who were terrorists and who killed 16 security people).

Today that cleric sits on TV and says well no court has proved anything against me. Today Musharraf is on trial for that operation while someone who openly supports OBL is free. Today a comission which this judiciary formed disclosed that NO WOMEN WAS KILLED AND TOTAL WHO DIED WERE 102. You know what thats same number as what government of that time said. There was no massacre, there was no women and children found. Yet that cleric is treated with respect.

Point is that this is our system. It is possible modi is not convicted because people are afraid to go against extremists and they have sympahtizers and support system. So the logic that you guys give for Modi can actually be applied to all the extremists in pakistan who you guys think are anti-India. They give the same excuse. well the court has not convicted us. I believe same excuse was given for Hafiz Saeed which India wanted.

To say that he wont repeat is not comforting to someone whose loved one has died. I hope there are better explanations to defend him.

And before you tell me that your judicial system is better than pakistan let me say this judiciary was supported by west and many western institutions like Harvard have praised our chief justice and awarded him accolades.
thanks Anu .. I was wondering 2,3 days ago why Musharraf was in captivitySmile..

Back to Na Modi ...please watch his body language in this 4 minute video..
why exactly did he get so upset and avoid question? wasn't he free to make decision for this appearance on TV with this journalist which some will jump the gun by claiming he is congress sponsored or similar..
and why cant he reply in all honesty?. its really beyond me why all the intelligent people here cant notice something this simple.
No one really need to read those news after watching his few appearances.
someone unable to counter argue with a journalist over a simple question and cant justify his stand isn't capable of running for PM. 

Edited by lonely0planet - 25 April 2013 at 2:37pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

blueszForever-KAHawaaPotFair-n-luvly

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 25 April 2013 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

Originally posted by Frigate

Actually your above post is laughbale.

- No where did I compare Modi to a Mullah. The point that you did not get is that the excuse that no court has convicted anyone is a lame one as there are many factors involved which can influence. I gave an example but THAT DOES NOT MEAN I was saying it holds true for India.

- So you are going to tell me who is biased. An idiot can see the bias you hold towards Pakistan. While feel free to show ONE INDIAN here on this forum who has analyzed his country like I have analyzed my coountry Pakistan.

next time when you argue like this...take some time out to read. otherwise dont waste my time. lol

Anu... reply above yours just prove how closed minded some Indians areLOL effects of Sam Uncle's propaganda movies and channels as Baazigar would put it

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KA

Post Reply New Post

Go to top