Debate Mansion

Who will be the next Prime Minister of India? (Page 4)

Poll Question: Who will be the next PM of India?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
36 [72.00%]
5 [10.00%]
1 [2.00%]
2 [4.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.00%]
2 [4.00%]
2 [4.00%]
1 [2.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 55

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 8:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mr.ass

lol this debate should be about various candidates, not about injustices to muslims..

lol. i am to be blamed for bringing in pakistan related discussion. sorry about that. please continue with your debate. one way to do that would be to present merits and demerits of each candidate instead of praising one. this way others can learn more about this lot of PM candidates.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who will be the next Prime Minister of India? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

souro

souro

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

so a physician from india who later went on to do a PhD from US is likely to be a dumb person? just because he does not hold similar views as yours.
He may or may not be dumb, but he is still a sample size of 1.

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

so a physician from india who later went on to do a PhD from US is likely to be a dumb person? just because he does not hold similar views as yours.
He may or may not be dumb, but he is still a sample size of 1.

1- He might be a sample of 1 but the population he comes from (Physician + PhD) is unlikely to contain high percentage of dumb people and therefore there is high probability of this 1 person being smart and not dumb.

2- The question of dumb does not arise anyway as it was not like we were discussing cutting edge research here. lol. It was about me trusting this person. The fact that he was Hindu and BJP supporter and often made some of the points that you see here on forum (minority appeasement, quotas, pro pakistan et al.) made me believe in his story. Why would he say what he said? He described me in more detail as to what was his role was and all that but I cannot tell all here.

3- In the end it is my personal take on Modi. I find him extremist. However Indians are free to vote for him and make him the PM. When I dont care about extremist leaning politicans like Nawaz Sharif and Imran Khan in Pakistan why would I care about Indian candidate Modi. lol. I just wanted to participate. lol 

So yes its just my opinion about this one candidate who I happen to discuss because of this BJP connection of my friend. I dont know much about Sonia Gandhi etc.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetHawaaPotFair-n-luvly

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 2:16pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

8. it's funny how someone meets some dumb indian somewhere and extrapolates from that. They should try hanging out with some smart indians if they really wanna learn. Wink Come to think of it, the question of "why pakistan" did seem initially bewildering. Not any more. Am personally glad we built a nice long fence to keep certain types out.

someone, somebody, someplace, somewhere, somehow, someday, somewhat. lol. lets cut this some some and address me directly.

edit: ok i wanted to reply to your india-pakistan rant however that would be another deviation. lol.
LOLNaah Anu.. you should meet "some" faceless moron online for advice who also happens to be self-proclaimed legend in his own mind..
Sadly this same twit from India is then seen living congenially with Pakistanis when he faces social exclusion in foreign land. 

also medical profession is one of the noblest of all professions.. crooks like us who work for terrorist banks and rob people, nations and companies off their money come no where close, that's just my opinion!!!Smile

Edited by lonely0planet - 23 April 2013 at 2:17pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KAHawaaPot

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 3:04pm | IP Logged

1- He might be a sample of 1 but the population he comes from (Physician + PhD) is unlikely to contain high percentage of dumb people and therefore there is high probability of this 1 person being smart and not dumb.

2- The question of dumb does not arise anyway as it was not like we were discussing cutting edge research here. lol. It was about me trusting this person. The fact that he was Hindu and BJP supporter and often made some of the points that you see here on forum (minority appeasement, quotas, pro pakistan et al.) made me believe in his story. Why would he say what he said? He described me in more detail as to what was his role was and all that but I cannot tell all here.

3- In the end it is my personal take on Modi. I find him extremist. However Indians are free to vote for him and make him the PM. When I dont care about extremist leaning politicans like Nawaz Sharif and Imran Khan in Pakistan why would I care about Indian candidate Modi. lol. I just wanted to participate. lol 

So yes its just my opinion about this one candidate who I happen to discuss because of this BJP connection of my friend. I dont know much about Sonia Gandhi etc.

yeah, how smart can he be if he has to ask dumb questions, that too from youLOL

see you can always bring in your favorite cartoons and make them say anything dumb to make whatever dumb  point one is trying to. That's why either your physician is dumb or your attempt to generalize from your personal saga is dumb. Take your pickLOL

souro

souro

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
@Baazigar: All your posts would mean nothing, unless you compare them with other states/ politicians. You see, all politicians from all over the world have PR agencies working for them. Even state MLAs nowadays have dedicated local TV channel. So, Modi having a PR machinery is nothing new, neither is it a crime.

You and your reports might want to shout as much as you want, fact is dozen such reports can be produced for every politician. What matters are the figures. So, you might try comparing Gujarat with other states, especially the last 10 years, and get back with reports on that.
Is Gujarat growing faster than other states? Has it attracted industries and investments? Is the per capita income in Gujarat better than other states? Is unemployment lower than other states? Is the crime rate in Gujarat lower compared to other states? Is there less corruption in Gujarat compared to other states? These are the things that you need to answer to judge whether Gujarat has progressed, not whether Modi supporters have thousands of email ids.

And please, go slow with the copy paste. With one ID you copy pasted a dozen long articles to counter Modi. Just imagine what will happen if your claim of Modi supporters is true, and those 1000 IDs start posting 12 articles each in support of Modi in this thread. Now we don't want that, do we?

Edited by souro - 23 April 2013 at 11:30pm

BirdieNumNumFrigate

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 24 April 2013 at 4:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Baazigar.

I think instead having tu tu main main its better to have some data having facts and figures. I am not forcing you to read those. you are asking for figures and still have objection on that. By the way many are more interested  in giving advice what one should do and should not. 

Lets clarify as i have to quota facts and figure to substantiate the debate obviously i have to post articles of   the same having the facts , in fact i cant discover or invent facts , i have to quote authentic datas where ever they were available:

That first article was on the issue of online reality in twitter , facebook etc. of section of people that i mentioned earlier while having a discussion with King Anu, so its obvious that i try to provide him facts on the same. I am not saying about this forum The second one is on to substantiate about the source of money that one need to provide welfare schemes that another member discussed. The third one on the issue of women and their state in Gujarat. Obviously when we are discussing about modi and the said issues were about gujarat i will quote the same.

Ok as you enforcing me to provide data on comparison of various states than, i will copy paste on the comparison on the basis of GDP figures between different states of having similar GDP size and their progress in decades each.Hope you will counter that instead countering me.  It expose how already a developed state like gujarat progressed since long inspite of magician modi, or how many states have similarly growth without tomtoming like modi who boost every minute that he made the land of honey and milk to Gujarat now and than. 

Rates of Growth of gross GDP:
State80/81 to 90/9190/91 to 97/9802/03 to 11/12
Gujarat5.089.5710.28
Maharashtra6.028.019.90
Tamil Nadu5.386.228.92
Karnataka5.295.298.39
Andhra5.655.038.23

it's easier to have high growth rates starting from a low base. Given you yourself acknowledge that Gujrat had higher state of development before Modi took over, the growth rates achieved with Modi in charge then become even more impressive, not less like you guys have been implying. Simple eco 101.Wink

second, Modi's Gujrat has been able to achieve high growth rates even when the congress centre has not been inclined to help him and even when they've tried to distract him with one case after the other. Shame on them that in spite of their best (worst?) efforts, they havent been able to find anything to nail him or to detract from Gujrat's growth.

third, let's not selectively note areas where Gujrat like other states in India need progress, whether social progress or otherwise. Problems exist everywhere in India. Farmers commit suicide everywhere. Just look at Bihar and UP, which have been in coalitions for a long time with Congress at the Centre. It's for nothing that they are considered basket-cases of India, coming a close second after Delhi (another Congress ruled state) as the rape and goon territories of India. Now if you call that social progress, maybe it is, Bihari style.Wink

fourth, in stead of positing random articles, can you try answering any of the points raised by me in my post. They were a direct response to the stories made up about Modi, about Setalvad and about the riots engendered during congress eras. It's stuff you guys posted, so try answering questions instead of quoting from your favorite anti-Modi sources. Yes, that will need some thinking, but try.Wink

finally, this for King Anu- since you posted one tale about your personal experience with one Indian you consider smart, can you explain why so many NRI Indians support Modi, a lot of them physicians (mentioning physicians since they seem to be your standard-bearer of smartness). Dont tell us now that NRIs are not generally more educated or smarter than the average crowd.Wink  

Frigatemr.ass

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 24 April 2013 at 9:23am | IP Logged

Originally posted by lonely0planet

Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Naah Anu.. you should meet "some" faceless moron online for advice who also happens to be self-proclaimed legend in his own mind..

Sadly this same twit from India is then seen living congenially with Pakistanis when he faces social exclusion in foreign land.

also medical profession is one of the noblest of all professions.. crooks like us who work for terrorist banks and rob people, nations and companies off their money come no where close, that's just my opinion!!!

Miss planet, Thanks. The problem with us desis is not that we lack intelligence. Mr. Num is a smart cookie. I am even okay with people considering them "legends" and "the best" and "better than others" (not referring to Num here). Obviously there are people who are better than you out there.

What bothers me is that how we react at times to criticism of ourselves or people we like. You say something and suddenly there are irrelevant things being mentioned out there. That's the problem here in general and it is not specific to Mr. Num. To me it basically reflects insecurity. Once we master insecurity and once we learn to react properly to adversity then I believe we will be better as people and that is what impresses me in a person. One can defend own views without getting personal against others and without generalizing against others. Even I am guilty of that at times. However these days I am specifically trying to control such immature behavior.

Yes that profession is noble. All professions are noble to me as long as noble people are in it. No you bankers are NOT crooks. lol. You guys are just doing your job.

Originally posted by .Baazigar.

@King Anu 

You should not be surprised when few indulge in personal attack, some unsolicited advice comes who should be your friend , because it is typical modi Istyle to indulge in tu tu main main and avoid issues.You know when anyone hardly know facts and figure with logic it is natural for them to indulge in personal attack so calling your friend as dumb is noting special and with whom you should hang out is nothing special.

Mr. Baazigar, Thanks for those articles and your support. Don't worry it does not bother me one bit. I have seen much worst here. This is nothing lol. Basically I keep people and their actions as separate. Only if one acts in same manner a number of times that I develop problem with the person.

Your articles are India specific and unfortunately I am just not aware of the details there. Therefore I am sorry I won't be able to comment on those. Basically my participation here was more about my view on one of the candidates (Modi).

Mr. Num, I am aware of your posts. Please don't mind me not replying at this moment. I can write an essay on what you have said. lol. However right now busy a little. Thanks.

Edited by King-Anu - 24 April 2013 at 9:26am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

Post Reply New Post

Go to top