Crime patrol: Dastak

India-Forums

~Crime Patrol Article Archive~ (Page 4)

Muskaan92 IF-Sizzlerz
Muskaan92
Muskaan92

Posted: 23 September 2013 at 2:52am | IP Logged

Crime Patrol: Delhi gangrape incident to go on air today

The horrifying incident of Delhi rape case will be aired today on Sony in the reality based crime show Crime Petrol. The host of the show Anup Sonisaid that the makers are not trying to sensationalise the issue but they are definitely trying to raise some vital questions relating to such type of terrible incidents occurring every hour in our country. 

"The entire nation is aware about the truth and also the facts about this incident and we don't do any add-on on our show. We are not trying to sensationalise the issue here by enacting it on 'Crime Patrol'," Anup told IANS in a telephonic interview.

On December 16, 2012, a 23-year-old physiotherapy intern was brutally raped by six in a moving bus after she board the bus with one of her friends. Among the six, four of the convicts were sentenced to death, one juvenile was sent to correction home and one convict already committed suicide in jail.

Anup says "we are trying to raise a few questions through the show".

"(We will tell) What all precautions and remedies are taken if anything like this happens in the future. This was a special case and thus was sent to fast-track court. So our question is - 'Will the same thing be done with other similar cases?'".

The episode was supposed to go air much before but shelved due to some unknown reasons.

"I would definitely vouch for my show; Crime Patrol' has been very sensitive towards its graphic representations. We have shot the story sensitively and there is no drama," said Soni.

"We got clearance from the ministry after the court verdict on the incident," he added.

The episode was shoot with extra conscious as everyone is aware of the incident and it triggered nation wide protest.

"Every episode and every issue - be it rape, kidnap, or a murder, all of it is very sensitive. It is very difficult for us to shoot or enact all of these. But with this particular episode, we had to be very careful because the entire nation is aware about it and people came on the roads to show their anger," Anup said.

The episode will be aired Saturday and Sunday. So, don't forget to tune in to Sony!

KhotaSikaShreya Viewbie
KhotaSikaShreya
KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 27 September 2013 at 6:34am | IP Logged

Anup Soni's Interview in Times of India

Courtesy : Times of India 26th September

After 'Crime Patrol' aired an episode on the Nirbhaya gang-rape case recently, the show's host Anup Soni talks about the need to highlight such cases on television and the impact it has on the audience. The idea, he says, is to spread awareness about the laws, and to sensitize people and the police about the right way to deal with women and issues pertaining to them.

On taking up real cases with a message
We choose a case where we want to tell something to people and spread awareness about it. We don't pick a case saying, "Oh my God, this is an interesting case. The audience would be interested in knowing about it."

A few days back, we took a case where a priest donated his kidney to a stranger. Now, if you see, there's nothing sensational about the case. People complained saying, "Your show's a crime show and you have shown a story where there's no crime."

Jab hum buri cheez ko dekh ke yeh seekhte hain ki bura kaam nahi karna chahiye, to kya hum acche kaam to dekh ke yeh nahi seekh sakte, ki humein bhi accha kaam karna chahiye. If you remember, we had called the real priest and the recipient of the kidney on the show. With Crime Patrol, we also try to make people aware about certain laws. Do you know that there is no such thing as jurisdiction now? Agar kisi ladki ke saath koi haadsa hua hai, woh ABCD area mein hua ho, aur aap GH area mein jaake usse register karayenge, then the police have to register an FIR. Later the police can transfer the case to the concerned area. Nobody can say, "This doesn't come under my jurisdiction." Like Asaram Bapu's case, the incident happened somewhere else and it was registered somewhere else.

On the Nirbhaya case
The Nirbhaya case shook the nation's consciousness. Aap sochiye, kya Nirbhaya case se pehle aur rape cases nahi huye hain, lekin logon ka patience kha-tam ho gaya tha. Unhe lagne laga tha ki yeh toh mazaak hai yaar, ki Dilli jaise shehar mein raat ko 9 baje aap itna brutal crime kar sakte hain. People got affected by the brutality of the crime and came out on to the streets to demand justice for Nirbhaya.

On the reaction to the verdict
I would not like to pass a statement like, "Yeh bahut accha hua ki unhe death sentence mila". But in a case like this, many things need to be considered. If you talk about it in legal terms, the girl died. So that makes the crime even bigger. Main yeh nahi kehna chah raha hoon ki aapne death sentence de diya to aap logon ko dara denge lekin kahin na kahin yeh baat ek insaan ke dimaag mein jaana bahut zaruri hai ki mujhe sazaa hogi agar main galat kaam karunga. A criminal should be scared of the consequences of a crime.

On the male mentality
I want to write a book on, "It's all about mentality". You must have read a whole lot of books on self-confidence and attitude. Attitude comes with mentality. I am seriously thinking about writing a book that talks about how your mentality influences the way you do things. It's not about a city " Mumbai safe hai, unsafe hai, ya Dilli safe hai, ya Baroda safe hai. It's all about people and their thinking process. Mothers should teach their sons how it is to be a woman. We have quoted a line from a famous American women's rights activist on the show, "Betiyon ko toh logon ne beton ki tarah bada karne ka sochna shuru kar diya hai par bahut kam log hai jo beton ko betiyon ki tarah bada karne ka sochte hain." Point yeh hai ki aapke beton ko pata hona chahiye ki ek aurat hona kya hota hai. It is essential to make people sensitive towards women. Boys should be taught that a woman is not a material or an object.

On police sensitization
It is very easy to blame the police or administration. Everyone has a role to play. Administration has a role to play. Police has a role to play. I think everybody should play their roles honestly.Ab jaise police ka jahaan tak sawaal his, woh log apna kaam karte hain, bahut mehnat karte hain. I think as far as handling rape cases is concerned, police waalon ko training dena zaruri hai. Every police officer has a certain perspective which has been shaped by his upbringing. Jab ek policewaale ke paas ek ladki jaati hai aur kehti hai ki mera rape ho gaya, main wahaan pub mein gayi thi, there are chances that a police officer might think, "You invited it upon yourself because you went to the pub. It's your fault." I think we need to make police personnel sensitive towards these kinds of cases.

After this case, the Delhi Police has introduced sensitization sessions. If police officers are provided training on how to interact with victims of such cases, I think the credibility and confidence of police will improve. But after the Nirbhaya case, some changes have been observed in Delhi Police's functioning. It will take time but things could improve.
KhotaSikaShreya Viewbie
KhotaSikaShreya
KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 27 September 2013 at 6:35am | IP Logged

'Crime Patrol': Episodes on Delhi rape case yield high viewership

Two episodes of TV show 'Crime Patrol', which depicted the gang rape of Dec 16, 2012, yielded high viewership.

Friday, September 27, 2013 | 2:08:09 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |  Comments 0 Comments  |  542 Views

Two episodes of TV show 'Crime Patrol', which depicted the gang rape of Dec 16, 2012, yielded high viewership.

"The Delhi rape case episode has made 'Crime Patrol' the number one show this week. We had a total of 10.4 million TVT's (Television Viewership in Thousands)," says Sneha Rajani, executive vice president and business head, Sony Entertainment Television.

The channel has decided to repeat the episodes.

"The episode will be repeated. But there is nothing special which has been done for the repeat telecast," Rajani added.

The ratings were expected.

"We were expecting this. It was a case which awakened the nation. It was very sad and it shook everyone up," said Rajani.

On Dec 16, 2012, a 23-year-old physiotherapy intern was raped by six people, including a juvenile, inside a moving bus in Delhi. Four of the convicts were recently sentenced to death.

The show depicted the incident. It was not done to sensationalize the issue, the show's hostAnup Soni had earlier said.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/16942-crime-patrol-episodes-on-delhi-rape-case-yield-high-viewership.htm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Muskaan92

KhotaSikaShreya Viewbie
KhotaSikaShreya
KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 27 September 2013 at 6:39am | IP Logged
Crime Patrol's Delhi rape episode yield high TVTs
Crime Patrol's Delhi rape episode yield high TVTs

Two episodes of TV show "Crime Patrol", which depicted the gang rape of Dec 16, 2012, yielded high viewership.

"The Delhi rape case episode has made 'Crime Patrol' the number one show this week. We had a total of 10.4 million TVTs (Television Viewership in Thousands)," Sneha Rajani,executive vice president and business head,Sony Entertainment Television, told IANS.

The channel has decided to repeat the episodes.

"The episode will be repeated. But there is nothing special which has been done for the repeat telecast," Rajani added.

The ratings were expected.

"We were expecting this. It was a case which awakened the nation. It was very sad and it shook everyone up," said Rajani.

On Dec 16, 2012, a 23-year-old physiotherapy intern was raped by six people, including a juvenile, inside a moving bus in Delhi. Four of the convicts were recently sentenced to death.

The show depicted the incident. It was not done to sensationalise the issue, the show's host Anup Soni had earlier said.

Muskaan92

KhotaSikaShreya Viewbie
KhotaSikaShreya
KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 08 October 2013 at 6:32am | IP Logged

Mazher Sayed in Sony TV's Crime Patrol

Summary: Talking about his experience, Mazher shares, "This was one of the most difficult shoots I have ever done. It was emotionally draining as a performer and as a person. It was seriously epic; I have never attempted something like this." Informing us about the story, he says, "It is about a inter caste married couple who lives happily with their three year old child, when suddenly the man turns up at his house to find his wife dead and child kidnapped. He files for a case and as the investigation starts, the entire story unfolds in an interesting way." Based on a true story, the actor maintains it was a great experience shooting for Crime Patrol. "I have previously done another episodic where I played a Casanova and was on the wrong side of the law. And this time I was crying throughout the episode (smiles). As an actor, working on such an episodic can be really fruitful as the main concern is just performance without any make-up or fancy clothes." He concludes, "The director of the show is never satisfied with one shot, he really wants perfection and I think that comes across onscreen too. Crime Patrol has a huge viewership, and I wish the show a great future ahead." The episode will be aired this Friday and Saturday (11 and 12 October 2013).

Muskaan92

KhotaSikaShreya Viewbie
KhotaSikaShreya
KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 09 October 2013 at 6:29am | IP Logged

Crime Patrol to go bi-weekly, Bhoot Aaya to air every Sunday at 11 pm

Summary: Sony Entertainment Television's highly popular crime show, Crime Patrol (Optimystix) which now airs tri weekly ( Fri- Sunday) at the 11 pm slot will now air twice a week. This schedule change will come into effect from this weekend with Bhoot Aaya taking the Sunday 11 pm slot. The same was confirmed by Aloka Guha, VP & Head - Non-Fiction Programming, Sony Entertainment Television. "We will air this new horror show for the next six months." She justified making the hit Anoop Soni anchored show bi weekly saying, "11 pm slot has been good for us with Crime Patrol which showcased real life crime cases now we are simply adding real life horror stories, so the connect should remain the same," said Guha.

Muskaan92

KhotaSikaShreya Viewbie
KhotaSikaShreya
KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 10 October 2013 at 6:15am | IP Logged

The very talented actor Mazher Sayed will be seen in an upcoming emotional episodic of Crime Patrol (Optimystix Productions) on Sony Entertainment Television

Talking about his experience, Mazher shares, "This was one of the most difficult shoots I have ever done. It was emotionally draining as a performer and as a person. It was seriously epic; I have never attempted something like this."

Informing us about the story, he says, "It is about a inter caste married couple who lives happily with their three year old child, when suddenly the man turns up at his house to find his wife dead and child kidnapped. He files for a case and as the investigation starts, the entire story unfolds in an interesting way."

Based on a true story, the actor maintains it was a great experience shooting for Crime Patrol. "I have previously done another episodic where I played a Casanova and was on the wrong side of the law. And this time I was crying throughout the episode (smiles). As an actor, working on such an episodic can be really fruitful as the main concern is just performance without any make-up orfancy clothes." He concludes, "The director of the show is never satisfied with one shot, he really wants perfection and I think that comes across onscreen too.

Crime Patrol has a huge viewership, and I wish the show a great future ahead." The episode will be aired this Friday and Saturday

Muskaan92

KhotaSikaShreya Viewbie
KhotaSikaShreya
KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 10 October 2013 at 6:33am | IP Logged

After his absence from TV screen, the talented actor Mazher Sayed is all set to act in Crime Patrol on Sony TV.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 | 3:16:30 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz  |  Comments 0 Comments  |  265 Views

The very talented actor Mazher Sayed will be seen in an upcoming emotional episodic of Crime Patrol (Optimystix Productions) on Sony Entertainment Television. Talking about his experience, Mazher shares, "This was one of the most difficult shoots I have ever done. It was emotionally draining as a performer and as a person. It was seriously epic; I have never attempted something like this." 

Informing us about the story, he says, "It is about a inter caste married couple who lives happily with their three year old child, when suddenly the man turns up at his house to find his wife dead and child kidnapped.He files for a case and as the investigation starts, the entire story unfolds in an interesting way." 

Based on a true story, the actor maintains it was a great experience shooting for Crime Patrol. "I have previously done another episodic where I played a Casanova and was on the wrong side of the law. And this time I was crying throughout the episode (smiles).  As an actor, working on such an episodic can be really fruitful as the main concern is just performance without any make-up or fancy clothes." 

He concludes, "The director of the show is never satisfied with one shot, he really wants perfection and I think that comes across onscreen too. Crime Patrol has a huge viewership, and I wish the show a great future ahead." 

The episode will be aired this Friday and Saturday (11 and 12 October 2013)

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/news-releases/17140-mazher-sayed-in-sony-tv-crime-patrol.htm

Muskaan92

Go to top