Supercops v/s Supervillians Discussion Thread - Page 11

Posted: 10 years ago
So finally FW is working on thecouples and the stories of the cops!
Both the episodes of this week was great to watch, especially the Smoke Man!
Loved the Roshni-Mayank moments! And of course Kashish-Bulbul-Roshni were superb!!
Originally posted by KS_Shreya

Is this series still on?

Yup. Maybe it will end after the cops get super powers.
Loving the way FW is concentrating on the cops's life!!!
Shreya/Autumn

Can this thread be glued? (The VU of 29th can come off in its place?)  It doesn't look like this track is ending anytime soon, so might as well glue this until it does.

On this weekend's episode!  My, I know Bulbul is herself w/ Kavi, but does she have to be such a loose cannon w/ people that she doesn't even know?  Roshni has just been introduced to Mayank, is still (presumably) recovering from the loss of her entire family, and Bulbul has to ram together Roshni & Mayank, like "you better get married right now, or else..."  Why doesn't she focus on her own wedding preparations, instead of trying to play Kamadev to 2 people she hardly knows?

One thing about Roshni - she's just lost her family some episodes back, Mayank sat w/ her not as a boyfriend but as a cop, so she knows how important a cop's work is, and how it can pop up anytime.  So why is she miffed at Mayank having to leave?  He's not trying to embarrass her or dump her - he got called on duty, so had to leave.  His 'I am sorry' cake was totally unnecessary - they could have had their romantic moments w/o it, and Amit would still have been stalking them.  Bulbul too - in the murabba episode, her life too was in danger, and Kavi being at Shruti's home & shooting her was what saved her.  So both Bulbul and Roshni ought to have been sensitive about the fact that cops can get called out anytime, even in the middle of a date, and that it's not an attempt to embarrass them or undo their hard work at make-up, but just something more important, something that saved both of them in the past.

Then the theme of that show - a guy who's been smoking since he's 13 suddenly becomes a monster who can appear or disappear in smoke?   Previously, they were at least trying to rationalize such things, but now they've given up (as the next day's episode, which I'll get to in a bit, shows).  Yeah, it's obvious that after he became addicted to smoking, his failures set in, he couldn't graduate, get his first job, foreign trip or date, and so set off to murder those who could.  But what that didn't explain - the bathroom scene didn't explain it - was how did he gain the ability to appear or disappear in smoke?  One good way of destroying him would have been to vacuum him in, as done, and then dip the nozzle in some alkali, and then let him try come out thru a burner.  That smoke would have become CO2 and then gotten absorbed by the alkali, and that would have been the end of him.

The next day's episode - they could have made sense about the arrows had it turned out that it had a GPS tracking chip inside (similar to smart bombs) that found its target and struck it.  Instead, the explanation that Abha came up w/ was too fantastic - like if some ancient tribe practices something, they can freely violate the laws of physics, so that an arrow, after penetrating a window and going straight, makes a 90 degree turn on its own w/o colliding w/ the cubicle wall, and strikes the scientist.  Why is Shapath showing such crap?  (And if the guy's name is Karan, they could have compared him to Karna, who had the same capabilities as Arjun, but fought for Duryodhan.)

Also, Abha's nervousness made no sense - having been ordered to shoot the hostage taker even if it meant risking ACP Diler, she needed to shoot.  It would then take at the most 2 bullets if she hit Diler first, unless she's a bad shooter.  I also didn't get how her nightmares about her father getting killed haunted her, since she wasn't the one who shot a wrong target.

So finally, Meghna saved the day.  Varun extending to the roof and providing cover as ridiculous as usual, and using him as a bow string to hurl a rock @ Karan was just a tad less lame.  But how was it that when the ACP was fleeing w/ the IB chief, the arrows didn't strike any of them but just the ACP in his leg & arm, if Karan was such an accurate shooter?  Incidentally, I hated it that the aide who suggested caution got killed, while his callous boss, the IB chief, escaped unscathed.  Equally inexplicable was Karan's girlfriend suddenly appearing in the scene and getting shot dead, when she was supposed to have been secured by Karan somewhere else - where did she come from?

When the arrows stopped in the air thanks to Meghna (can't they show her a bit more, like during a bit of the planning stages, rather than pop her up like a jack-in-the-box every time she comes to the rescue?), I wondered - why couldn't she release them to fall directly on Karan himself, so that he'd be injured and not get a chance to get his bow back?  Also, Karan beating Aditya & Kavi in a fight was unbelievable - he was a great archer, maybe, but didn't explain how he could knock them down.  Essentially, the scene where Abha got to shoot Karan was contrived - how could Diler, such a sharp guy who can read other's mind, not guess that Karan would try and grab his gun?  And if he doesn't care about his own life, why can't he struggle w/ Karan over its possession, so that he has a 50% chance of killing him - just as good as Meghna's?

Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago
Agree with you!
Correction: Karan was beating Anurag and Kavi.Edited by Tarza - 10 years ago
Thread stickied.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to go back and watch this series if this continues.
Meghna to the rescue again today, but no Varun.  One thing that struck me - why did she need to use her telekinesis powers to move the mirrors every time?  Just getting it there manually would have worked.  But it was cool the way she did it.

So tomorrow will be the kids being trapped in comics?  Cool, for a change.

I'm guessing Kavi-Bulbul's marriage won't happen before next week.
Maybe I should just watch an episode or two just to see this.
Originally posted by KS_Shreya

Maybe I should just watch an episode or two just to see this.

Just to see what???
I guess Ranvir and Mayank got their powers in today's episode.
Kashish turns to Cat-Woman Kashish in next episode. So real SUPER COPS VS SUPER VILLAINS starts from next week.