Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

manjujain thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Very good topic!!!

I think we need to differntiate with blood relations and relations on IF. As in blood relations we have to call people with the relation di or bhai if we have that relation and they are elder to us, and we are supposed to respect them. While on IF I think it's a choice we make so from my perspective I think we should not call any person with any relation until we have that felling. somehow I am very particular of it I don't like using relation terms just for the name of it, I use it only when I have that feel for the person. Yes if person is elder we can always use ji as a respect.

MNMS thumbnail
[quote=mQT]bumping for chammo ke yaar chacha [/quote]

OMG! 🀣

I have a LOT of respect for good people at DM... That is why My Aunty/Uncle list keeps growing 😳
persistence thumbnail
Hmm, I have never added 'ji' or 'di' to any of my friends I have made online, no matter what their age is. I don't think it shows a lack of respect in any way; I love them all to the core. Actually, sometimes when some call me 'di', I find it wierd. πŸ˜† My sisters, and cousins, and all call me just by my name, and I do the same. I only add 'ji' after mama 'ji', chacha 'ji', etc... cause have been taught that way, and I never thought that it was out of respect that I added 'ji'... I just do πŸ˜† ... it sounds better, too. πŸ˜†

For me, respect doesn't come from age; it is for what the person is.

Persy
MNMS thumbnail
Really Tania😲 πŸ˜•

This was unknown to me....Actually if someone uses "tu" instead of "Tum" or "Aap".. Its considered disrespectful in Punjabis 😊 I mean.. Rarely in my class anybody addressed others as "tu"... so i guess the convention and traditions vary from place to place... and people to people 😊 😳
I agree i never uesd it till i came to if but then again noone does here so i would not. Where has in india i tend to use it abit more.I feel better showing it better to people older 😳 than one or two older.
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: manjujain

Very good topic!!!

I think we need to differntiate with blood relations and relations on IF. As in blood relations we have to call people with the relation di or bhai if we have that relation and they are elder to us, and we are supposed to respect them. While on IF I think it's a choice we make so from my perspective I think we should not call any person with any relation until we have that felling. somehow I am very particular of it I don't like using relation terms just for the name of it, I use it only when I have that feel for the person. Yes if person is elder we can always use ji as a respect.

Well said!πŸ‘ Manju Ji!