Savdhaan India @11

India-Forums

MR DEPENDABLE - Hiten Tejwani

..Aanchal.. Goldie
..Aanchal..
..Aanchal..

Posted: 17 April 2013 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
Son to father to show host, Hiten Tejwani is now the Mr Dependable

You have hosted Ratan Ka Rishta, Nach Baliye 4 and now the crime reality show Savdhaan India (on Life OK). How has the experience been vis-a-vis acting?

It's a lovely experience. You don't play a character but be yourself when hosting shows. You are in direct contact with the audience. One good thing about Savdhaan India is that normally when you host a reality show, you only know the contestants but here you connect with all kinds of people. An anchor holds the show together.

Pavitra Rishta, Kya Huaa Tera Vaada and Savdhaan India — how are you juggling all three?

An actor has to do what he is offered. I am lucky that I am currently doing three shows at the same time... and playing three different roles. In Pavitra Rishta I play Manav, in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada I am Jatin and in Savdhaan India I am Hiten Tejwani! I am enjoying myself. Whatever free time I get, I try to spend with my family.

How has your 12-year journey on television been? When I started off, I got recognition as Pratham Mittal in Kutumb. Then I played Karan Virani in Kyunki... Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi... and now Manav in Pavitra Rishta... I liked playing Pratham Mittal the most and then Karan Virani.

You have moved from playing son to father on screen. Does that bother you?

I have progressed and the stories have progressed as well. I played father in Kyunki... Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.... You grow with the story... in Pavitra Rishta I am playing the role of a father but at the same time I am also playing a son.

After playing father on screen, how is it being a father to your three-year-old twins?

It's a lovely feeling. Through them (Katya and Nevaan) I am living my childhood again. I feel blessed.

Be it Kkusum, Kkavyanjali, Kya Huaa Tera Vaada or Pavitra Rishta, whenever an Ekta Kapoor show wanted to replace an actor, you were picked. How does it feel to be Balaji's Mr Dependable?

I really don't know about this. It's the decision of the production house. I just do my job. Every role I play, I try and do full justice to it.

Do you do any homework before getting into a character or replacing an actor?

I don't. If one watches the previous actor's work, you tend to copy his style... consciously or subconsciously. I didn't watch Sushant Singh Rajput in Pavitra Rishta before getting into Manav's shoes.

What has been the high point of your career?

It's yet to come. An actor is always greedy. You set a target and when you cross it, you set another one. I am greedy for more.

And low points?

By the grace of God, I have never seen it.

Your wife Gauri Pradhan and you have done some memorable shows on TV. Any plans of doing a show together?

Gauri is busy with the kids but if something good comes up and it excites Gauri, we would definitely do it.

Any regrets?

I don't regret taking up any project. When I get a role, I try to do justice to it. If you put in 100 per cent, it gets reflected in your work and people appreciate that.

Shweta Keshri

Which is your favourite Hiten Tejwani role? Tellt2@abp.in

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

busybee..

busybee.. IF-Dazzler
busybee..
busybee..

Posted: 19 April 2013 at 3:51am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing Smile
sunny8410M Goldie
sunny8410M
sunny8410M