Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 2 Page 9

-allizwell-

IF-Rockerz

-allizwell-

Posted: 17 April 2013 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Hey guys..Tongue
I am no expert but a simple chef of my kitchen...LOL... so if i am wrong, do correct me...no tamatars please...!Cry

Firstly, I was not that impressed with the blue team's choice of dishes today... the brinjal curry , they shud have been double sure about the keedas...also the efforts needed for the same wud be more... they shud have opted for something simple and yet delicious like POTATO KARA-KARI... this is served in most of the south indian marraiges as most of the people love this simple curry...!

Secondly, the blue team opted for uthappam... Uthappam batter needs to be somewhat thick and they rightly pointed out the runny batter spoiled the dish, but add to it, the choice for the same was wrong imp... as it needs fermentation... once aerated, the pores show up well when cooked on dhum... so was surprised why the team chose this in the first place... They cud have gone in for something which is better and more delicious like ADDAI, which is served with jaggery, avial and butter... it needs no fermentation and more fresh the batter , more delicious the dish...!

Thirdly, instead of nei chor, they cud have opted for either Lemon rice or tamarind rice as it is the most preferred rice varieties and tamarind rice will always find its takers... no matter who tries it...!

Fourthly, Navneet seemed to include papaya for the avial...Question.As far as we r concerned(no idea about chettinad samayal) we don't add onion, garlic and papaya in avial at all..Ermm.. Avial is a combo of colocasia, potato, drumstick, white pumpkin, ripe pumpkin, yam, raw banana, carrot, beans etc... it needs good sour curd and green chillies to add to the spice... if the curd is not sour, we add mango...but never papaya...!

Any similar thots, guys???

Edited by -allizwell- - 17 April 2013 at 12:34pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

heena61sabiroseivanta29BullsEye777Angels11frozen.devilRedrose07hamzanuhapreetipcShahZurBainganneha-rockss

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DABBA menu flaws...!" in Master Chef Season 3 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hamzanuha

IF-Dazzler

hamzanuha

Posted: 17 April 2013 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Laxmi, first of all, I'm guessing there are no south Indians in either team (my guess).

Secondly, I have absolutely no idea what half the dishes are in the blue team.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Alinaa--allizwell-

-allizwell-

IF-Rockerz

-allizwell-

Posted: 17 April 2013 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hamzanuha

Laxmi, first of all, I'm guessing there are no south Indians in either team (my guess).

Rana, copy-pasting the menu u keyed in :

Chetyar podoyalAvial rice
Channa daalSambar rice
SambarBaigan sabzi
NaichoruLaddu
ThoranAvial
ModhSambar
Malabar parathaAkkhiRoti

I have no idea about chetyar podoyal, channa daal and modh

Naichoru is ghee-rice, thoran is brinjal curry. If i am not wrong, the blue team also were mentioning avial dear...!
so they cud have skipped brinjal and opted for potato ...imp!

Yeah u r right dear... there were no Southies, so this was tough for them...!

Edited by -allizwell- - 17 April 2013 at 12:52pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hamzanuhapreetipc

Baingan

IF-Sizzlerz

Baingan

Posted: 17 April 2013 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -allizwell-

Hey guys..Tongue
I am no expert but a simple chef of my kitchen...LOL... so if i am wrong, do correct me...no tamatars please...!Cry

Firstly, I was not that impressed with the blue team's choice of dishes today... the brinjal curry , they shud have been double sure about the keedas...also the efforts needed for the same wud be more... they shud have opted for something simple and yet delicious like POTATO KARA-KARI... this is served in most of the south indian marraiges as most of the people love this simple curry...!

Secondly, the blue team opted for uthappam... Uthappam batter needs to be somewhat thick and they rightly pointed out the runny batter spoiled the dish, but add to it, the choice for the same was wrong imp... as it needs fermentation... once aerated, the pores show up well when cooked on dhum... so was surprised why the team chose this in the first place... They cud have gone in for something which is better and more delicious like ADDAI, which is served with jaggery, avial and butter... it needs no fermentation and more fresh the batter , more delicious the dish...!

Thirdly, instead of nei chor, they cud have opted for either Lemon rice or tamarind rice as it is the most preferred rice varieties and tamarind rice will always find its takers... no matter who tries it...!

Fourthly, Navneet seemed to include papaya for the avial...Question.As far as we r concerned(no idea about chettinad samayal) we don't add onion, garlic and papaya in avial at all..Ermm.. Avial is a combo of colocasia, potato, drumstick, white pumpkin, ripe pumpkin, yam, raw banana, carrot, beans etc... it needs good sour curd and green chillies to add to the spice... if the curd is not sour, we add mango...but never papaya...!

We don't put papaya for avial even i don't know aboy chattti nadu style.
Tamarind rice is not possible for them to make lemon rice,  yes they could have made.
When u r making brinjal and cauliflower u should be very careful of keedas.

They could have made venn pongal.For sweet nei payasam

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

deejagipreetipc-allizwell-

-allizwell-

IF-Rockerz

-allizwell-

Posted: 17 April 2013 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Also i remember Yasmeen said she is making a dough of rice flour and maida for rotis... Is there any rotis in southies of this type?? I am not aware... so asking...!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

prasadam

Baingan

IF-Sizzlerz

Baingan

Posted: 17 April 2013 at 12:56pm | IP Logged

Also i remember Yasmeen said she is making a dough of rice flour and maida for rotis... Is there any rotis in southies of this type?? I am not aware... so asking...!
Even i have not heard .

-allizwell-

-allizwell-

IF-Rockerz

-allizwell-

Posted: 17 April 2013 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jyothi-m

Hey guys..Tongue

We don't put papaya for avial even i don't know aboy chattti nadu style.
Tamarind rice is not possible for them to make lemon rice,  yes they could have made.
When u r making brinjal and cauliflower u should be very careful of keedas.

They could have made venn pongal.For sweet nei payasam

Yes jyothi... purrrfect ... venn pongal or sweet nei payasam wud have been ideal... though dear, tamarind rice is easy to make for a crowd... infact once the tamarind paste is done, only mixing of the rice needs to be done according to the demand on the spot... one need not make it in advance too...!
I was wondering they must be having some idea about these dishes right??

sabirose

hamzanuha

IF-Dazzler

hamzanuha

Posted: 17 April 2013 at 1:04pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by hamzanuha

Rana, copy-pasting the menu u keyed in :

Chetyar podoyalAvial rice
Channa daalSambar rice
SambarBaigan sabzi
NaichoruLaddu
ThoranAvial
ModhSambar
Malabar parathaAkkhiRoti

I have no idea about chetyar podoyal, channa daal and modh

Naichoru is ghee-rice, thoran is brinjal curry. If i am not wrong, the blue team also were mentioning avial dear...!
so they cud have skipped brinjal and opted for potato ...imp!

Yeah u r right dear... there were no Southies, so this was tough for them...!

@ Bold - I copied exactly what was shown as typewritten words by the PH. Double checked it again from the repeat at 11:30 pm.

Yes, the hand written board showed more items, but I chose the PH menu Tongue

Anyway, they just gave a glimpse of the boards.

Edited by hamzanuha - 17 April 2013 at 1:06pm

-allizwell-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.