In laws (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

nobodyatnotime

nobodyatnotime

Posted: 22 April 2013 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Actually, they always mess with cultures. I mean, when serials show Bengalee families they are forever doing Durga Puja and wearing the white saree with red border (i think in all my life I've seen my mother wear that kind of saree only once, and I have never worn it) and they speak a weird kind of Hindi with random mispronounced Bengali words thrown in...
so don't take this seriously as a representation of Guj culture. I thought this show was about a guy living away from his family in America but now it seems the Cs are completely hacked off.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

N.bhavna

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "In laws (Page 2)" in Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

koolsadhu1000

IF-Sizzlerz

koolsadhu1000

Posted: 22 April 2013 at 8:39am | IP Logged
What apalled me was the cruel and stupid expectation that a bahu should mop the entire haveli 

have u seen how gigantic that haveli is Shocked

and the justification for this abuse was that bahus before Bhumi had done it Shocked

The real sanskaar would be if Kishen and Bhumi STOPPED  this ritualistic abuse with this generation

Clearly rituals r misunderstood here and slowly they have snowballed into ABUSE

TM i agree with you ...i am not saying the CVs intended to show that Gujrathi families r abusive at all . They r really trying to show that these r indian sanskaars and MUST  be upheld by the new generation . But what they r trying to show and what is actually coming across r two different things . They did the same mistake in Ram Milayee jodi and its time Gujrathi families lash out at them .

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nobodyatnotimeN.bhavna-AkkiLuvsNBT-

N.bhavna

N.bhavna

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

What apalled me was the cruel and stupid expectation that a bahu should mop the entire haveli 

and the justification for this abuse was that bahus before Bhumi had done it Shocked

The real sanskaar would be if Kishen and Bhumi STOPPED  this ritualistic abuse with this generation

TM i agree with you ...i am not saying the CVs intended to show that Gujrathi families r abusive at all . They r really trying to show that these r indian sanskaars and MUST  be upheld by the new generation . But what they r trying to show and what is actually coming across r two different things . They did the same mistake in Ram Milayee jodi and its time Gujrathi families lash out at them .

@red, that had made me this post, i was so mad, actually that tells the mentality of the cv's who are so outdated and typical negatively driven by the idea of torturing DIL will gain more TRPs.

I do no if this is the case or what, but if it is then being a traditional yet willing to accept positive modern ( western idea) girl, i'll object it and reject it, dammm you cv's , thumb down for you.Cool

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SuShaanRockskoolsadhu1000

annpurna1111

annpurna1111

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

you missed those big grain rooms which Bhumi had to clean and those big ,huge pots and utensils too .That was one of the most disgusting episodes .Those works were inpossible for a human to do .Tha bahus of the vaishnav families have to be some wrestlers ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolsadhu1000

N.bhavna

N.bhavna

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nobodyatnotime

Actually, they always mess with cultures. I mean, when serials show Bengalee families they are forever doing Durga Puja and wearing the white saree with red border (i think in all my life I've seen my mother wear that kind of saree only once, and I have never worn it) and they speak a weird kind of Hindi with random mispronounced Bengali words thrown in...
so don't take this seriously as a representation of Guj culture. I thought this show was about a guy living away from his family in America but now it seems the Cs are completely hacked off.

Hey, nice to see someone familiar Smile

@red, Agreed, Embarrassed

even i thought that, that would have been intersting to watch, how they adjust , their compromise, cultural differences and how they cope with it.

In fact if they have showed us that the vaishnav has accepted the bhoomi and then her conflict with indian and american lifestyle, i would have appreciate it, but right now it looks like remake of KkSBKBT.

nobodyatnotimekoolsadhu1000

N.bhavna

N.bhavna

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 1:35am | IP Logged

@aakash, mannat21, pesi11 and @farabi, thanks gyus for liking and replying. 

@sita11, glad you like the post, thanks for commenting.

Edited by N.bhavna - 23 April 2013 at 1:36am

koolsadhu1000-AkkiLuvsNBT-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.