~: JoHn AbRaHaMs BiPaShA bAsU fAn ClUb:~ - Page 4

Posted: 17 years ago
Is Salman considering marriage?
By MIO Team
Jul 29, 2006, 06:11

The answer to the question can bring many hearts of Salman's female fans crashing down. But it appears that Salman Khan is considering the idea to settle down and feels that it's the right time for him. He is almost around 40 now. But his sweetheart and ladylove Katrina Kaif seems to have some other plan in mind. After the John Abraham-Bipasha Basu break-up news, it is being said that all's not well in the front of Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif. And the reason for the trouble in paradise is Salman's excessive possessiveness that he has well exhibited before in regard of Aishwarya. Apparently Katrina is in distress and their relationship is suffering as well. The couple is very much in love but their priorities have changed. Katrina who is just in her 20s isn't inclined to get into marriage and responsibility yet. She has ambitions and wants to set her foot in Bollywood strong, on her strength and not on the references made by Salman. Also there are reports that Salman is irritated as one of Katrina's friends is motivating her to concentrate more on her career than marriage.  However they are trying to sort out the matter.

Bollywood Bodies (John Abraham / Bipasha Basu) DVD

Reg price: $19.99

Sale price: $8.00

< name="order" method="post" ="http://order.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/wg-order?nehaflix+bob obbadvd"> < name="vwitem" value="bobobbadvd" =""> < name="vwcatalog" value="nehaflix" =""> 

Starring: Bipasha Basu
Director: Duncan Humphreys
Music: Damian Egan & Jassi Sidhu
Released by: Eros
Genre: Exercise, Sports
Region: 0 - Region Free. Will play on any player, in any region.
Year Released: 2005
Stock: In Stock. Usually ships in 2-3 business days.

Email this page to a friend

Synopsis by Nehaflix.com for Bollywood Bodies (John Abraham / Bipasha Basu) DVD

John Abraham (Dhoom, Garam Masala) is one of the most talked about Bollywood stars and is a heartthrob to millions of adoring fans. His body and look have inspired many and now you can train with him. Despite his hectic lifestyle, John shows how you can stay fit with trainer Mark Anthonys once a week workout that provides a total body development system. Mark is a world-renowned fitness expert whose methodology has been endorsed by Dr. Tom Crisp, a top UK and Olympic sports physician.

Bipasha Basu (Jism, No Entry) is one of the most talked about Bollywood stars and is admired by thousands of adoring fans. Her body and look have inspired many and now you can train alongside her. Despite her hectic lifestyle, Bipasha shows how you can stay fit with trainer Mark Anthony's once a week workout that provides a total body development system. Mark is a world-renowned fitness expert whose methodology has been endorsed by Dr. Tom Crisp, a top UK and Olympic sports physician.

Bollywood Bodies gives you a unique opportunity to work out in company with Bipasha and virtual personal trainer Mark Anthony. In 4 weeks it changes the way you feel about exercising, in 8 weeks it changes your body and in 12 weeks it will change your life.

:Code: BollywoodBodiesJABPDVD

Edited by kyph03 - 17 years ago
cool ill join i luv john and he looks gud with bips
thx for the info and the pics 😃 😃

Entertainment

'All I'm saying is respect my relation with John'

NEW DELHI, JULY 27:  Often we hear people saying, 'What's in a name'! But for some, the name says it all. Bipasha Basu. The 'Deep Dark Desire'!

Okay. This is no new sobriquet. This is what Bipasha stands for. Tell her this and she'll be all gushing and laughing, "Absolutely correct. You've got that one perfect."

Getting an appointment with this dusky dame was nothing short of a Herculean task. Several phone calls and innumerable texts. And just when we thought it's not happening, her message flashed! But yes,, the waiting had its worth and melody! For everytime Bipasha's phone buzzed, her latest number Beedi played!

From the ramp to the tinsel town, from Ajnabee to Omkara, Bipasha shares her moments with Aprajita Anil.

How did Omkara happen and what is it all about?

I have been a great fan of Vishal Bhardwaj and always wanted to work with him. Vishal has done a great job with Omkara.

To sum up the entire story, Omkara is a love story, which takes many shapes. It explores several other human elements – doubt, jealousy, anger, emotions etc. The story has several sub-plots and thus come to the fore the characters of Omi (Ajay Devgan), Langda (Saif Ali Khan), Kesu (Vivek Oberoi).

All characters gradually grow and the movie progresses.

And what is Bipasha doing there?

Well, my role started off as a special appearance character but gradually it matured into a full-fledged character. I am playing Billo Chaman Bahar, a village girl who sings and dances. Billo is very straightforward, fiery and sprinkles abuses quite liberally.

Like a village singer and dancer, she needs the company of men. In spite of her loud and aggressive nature, she is a simple girl with simple dreams – wants to fall in love, get married and be happy.

Bipasha went well with the Jism, Ajnabbee… image. But off late it's been Apaharan, Corporate and now Omakara, another offbeat flick. Is it just a desperate attempt to break away from the 'sex symbol' image? What inspired you to take up the film?

I never plan to do a movie. It's just a gut feeling. It depends on the director, the character… more to do with my feelings.

These tags are absolutely inconsequential and not my take while deciding a film.

When I chose a film, my aim is not to be the focus of the script. I rather want to do the character with total conviction.

If you consider Ajnabee, two years back people were like, 'oh my God! Very bold subject'. But 2 years down the line, there is a change in the thought process. I did it because the subject was strong. The script had strength. And I had a character, which was bold. But I would not call it risk-taking.

It's not risk for me. It's very normal, rather a mature decision.

This was the first time you shared the camera with Vivek and Saif. How was the experience?

Oh Vivek is a very intelligent actor. He is great to work with. I saw his Saathiya and the enthusiasm, which I had perceived then was visible even now. It was great.

And Saif. Although I had very little to do with Saif in the film I would say Omkara is what it is because of Saif. He is intelligent, good-looking and the most appreciative thing about him is he picked up the dialect quite effortlessly.

I have seen seeing Saif work very seriously. As an actor he has been doing tremendously. He is trying to do every little bit an actor should do to build himself.

Tell us about Ajay. This was your second film with him. How is it working with him? He comes across as so…

…Protruding (laughs, as she completes my sentence)!! Yes very true. Ajay is a great friend of mine. I love him when he is bringing out the dark-side of him. As an audience, I like seeing him like that. Otherwise Ajay is great. Very clear and a very nice human being.

Okay. There were rumours that all was not well between you and Kareena on the sets of Ajnabee. So how was it like working with her in Omkara?

Oh! I was very new to the industry then - free spirited. I am the same even today. But when it comes to work, I am a total professional.

So even if we worked together, it was never a cause of concern. And even Kareena was pretty much the same. And I don't think it's important to be best friends with everyone you work with.

As far as Omkara is concerned, it was never an issue because we had no interaction. We didn't have any scene together.

And then I think she's doing a good job and well rest is ok…

But I think I would give the credit to Vishal. He is a great director. He knows his work very well and left no scope for any confusion – personal or professional. Generally when there are many actors, the motive is to outdo the other. But it was not like that in Omkara. Everyone had their own character to play and Vishal ensured that the focus was on the role allotted and not to stir up a competitive feeling. He knew what he wanted and made sure it worked just like that.

Your film Corporate has stirred up some heated debate among India Inc. Are you aware of it?

Look we need to understand that this is cinema. It's pure fiction. We are not pointing any fingers. But yes, we draw ideas from the real world. And agree or not, there has to be an iota of truth somewhere. And then everything has two sides to it. The good and the bad. We must remember that. Nothing wrong was meant.

Ya, but one thing is for sure. You have established a trend among the corporate sector – your long ponytails and 'corporate' get-up.

(Laughs)… Everyone can afford to get a little stylish. It's never harmful.

So when do we see you and John together on-screen?

Not as of now. We're very comfortable working separately. But yes, we're looking out and will do something as soon as something worthwhile comes our way.

And marriage...

Oh! Not now. You know how Bengali girls are. Marriage happens late. Say 30-32. So I have a long way to go.

You've always been very open about your personal relationships, unlike majority of our actors…

And I think they do just the right thing. I have learnt a huge lesson. John and I were so disturbed for two week when every next day a new story popped up, 'describing' our relationship.

This is ridiculous. If two people are voicing their feelings, you need to respect it. It's a strain for both of us.

We went on talking about our relationship even after the rumours. But there has to be an end somewhere. And such attitude is just not acceptable.

So you regret being so 'open'?

No. Not one bit. But all I'm asking for is that respect us. Give equal importance to my work. Why sideline the main issue and shift the focus to by personal life!

It bothers me. Because whatever I am today is a result of my lone-struggle and hard work. I don't have PR people promoting me. I'm a self-made woman. And all I command is some respectability.

Bipasha believes in 'buri nazar'. How superstitious are you?

I am NOT. Just because I'm wearing a black thread, I don't become superstitious. I don't understand why everyone I meet ask me about me black thread. It's my mother's faith and I respect it to the core.

It's ridiculous Aprajita. You can't imagine. My black thread is an issue. Why even bother?

So you were completely put-off by all the kissing John received in Kabul during his Kabul Express shoot?

Oh God. See Afghanis are beautiful people and they love us a lot. We love them also. But you've got to admit, the hygienic condition there, is quite poor. Now each man greets you with three kisses. So if you're kissed 60 times in a day, you're bound to end up with viral.

I'm not exaggerating. You can track down John's doctor in Lilavati Hospital and confirm the reason.

Ok a couple of quick ones!

One movie or character you have played and feel closest to?

Corporate (quickly)… Nishigandha Dasgupta. She is closest to my heart.

The lowest phase of your career?

I don't like to remember those low phases. I just learn from them and move ahead. And then I can't define a low-phase and a high-phase. It's a cycle.

Your favourite director?

Mahesh Bhatt. I worked with him and the kind of sensitivity he brings about, it is fantastic. I would give my life to work with him again.

Your favourite co-star?

So many. I love Abhishek Bachchan. Ajay is great. Akshay Kumar. Akshay has been there with me since the days of Ajnabee and helped in nurturing the actor within me. Then Dino of course for giving me Raaz and John for Jism.. oh God. There are so many. Among the girls, I share an amazing chemistry with Lara, Celina and Esha.

You're compared to yesteryear's Zeenat Aman?

Zeenat was the sexiest of her time. And maybe in India 'sexy' has all the negative, cheap, vulgar connotation. But going by what 'sexy' really means I think this is the best compliment for me. It means the ultimate for me. I believe that being sexy is all bout your personality. And that's how I sense it and take it as a compliment.

Bipasha speaks to Komal about John

Zee Muzic's filmi gupshup show, 'Bollywood This Week' is a much-watched fiesta and loved by the viewers across the globe. Where it has the ravishing anchor's grapevine about Bollywood and stars' happenings, it also features a special segment where an in depth analysis on movies and stars given to the viewers by the Bollywood expert Komal Nahata. This Saturady's episode would be a special treat for the cinegoers since the dusky sexy bombshell Bipasha Basu is appearing on the show chewing up words with Komal Nahata on her personal and film life. She chips in her mind on the fact that she is a simple ordinary girl and has absolutely no problems with the sex symbol tag she has with her name. The highlights of the interview are as follows: On her Relationship with Boyfriend John: "I am really upset with the ongoing rumours spread all over the media about my personal life. We both – John and I are very much together. People think that this is a publicity stunt as my film is due to release. I really don't know who is behind all this but I can certainly say that these rumours are baseless. I have always been open about my relationships but from now onwards I will only be speaking about my work and hit back if anyone tries to mess with me".

< ="text/"> < ="text/" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </>

On Her Movie Corporate: "Working on Corporate has been a wonderful experience.

Madhur Bhandarkar, Kay Kay and the whole team were an absolute pleasure to doll up with them. As far as my role is concerned, I didn't have to do much as the script was penned so creatively and the Madhur has done a thorough research on it. It is targeted at youngsters mainly to learn what happens out there in the Corporate World". Tune into Zee Muzic this Saturday on 8th July at 8.00 p.m. to catch this gorgeous sexy siren talking openly about her personal life and films.

WRITTEN BY GOHER IQBAL PUNN (Bollywood Analyst)

Here are more pis of Bips & Jaana as on John

awesome club sis! i would love join 😃
hey yeh sure!!!
count me in!!!!!
im tanya!! 😛

Home > Bollywood > Movie Reviews > Aetbaar

Aetbaar (music)
  Aetbaar (music videos)
  Aetbaar (scenes/trailers)
  MUSIC REVIEW OF AETBAAR
  Aetbaar
  Aetbaar

BOLLYWOOD NOT WORTHY OF TRUST

By S Pankaj

Critic's I-view

click for larger view
These days there is much hype about the corporate sector making an entry into Hindi film industry. It was Pantaloon fashion house, which initiated the process with 'Aap Mujhe Achche Lagne Lage' and later almost wound up its operation post-debacle of 'Chura Liya Hai Tumne'. DS group of Paas Pass moth freshener failed in its first venture 'Raja Bhaiya' and now it is the turn of none other than Tata group. 'Aetbaar', this week's second release along with 'Khakee' is first and most probably the last film of Tata Infomedia because later this month this company is going to change hands.

A close look at this scenario reveals that big companies entered Bollywood on a healthy note but failed to meet the needs of the hour, presumably they chose the wrong horses to make their bet. What else can be said about a project where you have a stalwart like Amitabh Bachchan and the hottest lady Bipasha Basu and still the movie gives nothing fresh? More importantly, the director who was assigned to make it a viable project, steals the idea of the film, makes another film on the subject and also releases it before his first project. This shows that one cannot have Aetbaar (trust) on many people in this industry. So, 'Aetbaar's story is stale, the same as that of director Vikram Bhatt's last debacle 'Inteha'. The basic source of both the films is Hollywood flick 'Fear'.

click for larger view
For those who have neither seen 'Fear' or 'Inteha', the plot of 'Aetbaar' could look a little bit interesting. The film deals with possessiveness of a father for his daughter. Here the father is none other than Amitabh Bachchan. He plays Dr. Malhotra. He is like any other father on earth, very much protective about his daughter Ria (Bipasha Basu). Ria on the other hand loves to live life to the hilt and doesn't listen to anything if she has decided once. It is not that Ria is a spoilt brat. She is a caring woman and takes utmost care about her aging father.

click for larger view
But once she meets Aryan (Johan Abraham), all ideologies, thoughts and heritage come crashing. Ria has always dreamt of a macho man in his life. She likes the mystery man and succumbs to the magnetic attraction of Aryan. He is wild; full of destructive energy and, more importantly, good looking. Dr. Malhotra wants to save his daughter from the clutches of this bad boy and prepares for her protection. Aryan will do anything to get Ria on his side whereas Dr. Malhotra will leave no stone unturned to see Aryan out of Ria's life. Malhotra and Aryan have common goal and that is to have Ria under their control. However, none of them bothers to listen to Ria. This goes on until the situation goes out of hands.

click for larger view
Had it been an original plot, it would have been a marvelous piece of work for a filmmaker. But it was not. Despite Vikram Bhatt's bid to maintain a good flow of drama, 'Aetbaar' has failed to impress in the majority of scenes though it does impress in parts. However, he has worked on the sequences very well. In any scene involving Amitabh, the screen gets on fire but that's it. Amitabh cannot salvage a pirated plot and that too when one has seen films like this. Anubhav Sinha's 'Aapko Pehle Bhi Kahin Dekha Hai' too revolved around the same line and it is astonishing that Amitabh refused to do the role of a girl's father in that film that eventually went to Om Puri. Maybe he couldn't resist the hefty amount paid by Tatas that Anubhav could not pay for his small budget film.

click for larger view
There will be different views about this film. Embedded PRO's doubling as film critics will praise it, but as a common viewer the film doesn't secure even pass marks. Screenplay writers Robin Bhatt and Sanjeev Duggal have tried to make the film look like an original one but in vain. They have failed to even bring Indianness to a foreign subject. The scenes between Bachchan and Bipasha are too intricate to be understood by those with middle class background. John's character of a psycho who indulges in violence for no reason will not be accepted.

click for larger view
The film also fails on acting front. Amitabh works hard to give a feel of an overpowering father, but this species seems to be missing. These days father hardly poke their nose so deep in their children's day to day happenings. And, kids too are not so dumb that they cannot judge between a wrong and a good guy. Bipasha's affection for John in the film looks very artificial. 'Aetbaar' also fails at the music front. Rajesh Roshan seems to have reserved his best for his nephew Hrithik's films. In 'Aetbaar', he could not give even a single super hit song. Title tune reminds of some oldie from 50's. Girish Dhamija has once again failed to pen punchy dialogues. The plus points are its cinematography by Vikram's father, Pravin Bhatt and action scenes by Abbas Ali Moghul. Among character artistes, Supriya Pilgaonkar, Shruti Ulfat and Ali Asgar act well and Tom Alter and Pramod Moutho too try to support the film fully. But seeing the competition that it faces from the other film of the week, the chances for 'Aetbaar' to sail through the box office look dim.