Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 38

HaremSultan

IF-Dazzler

HaremSultan

Posted: 18 May 2013 at 5:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

Originally posted by lucymoni

i want to ask one question,how can mata durga be vindhya vasini if she is parvati and lives at kailash?
how can one person be at two places the same time?Ouch

When Mata Durga took birth as Yashoda's daughter, and went to Kamsa's prison, she flew out of his hands and prophesied his death. After that she went to the Vindhya hills to do penance. Her name is Yogamaya or Ekanamsa. According to Lalita Madhava, she was present there to welcome the incarnation of Devi Lakshmi as the gopis and Devi Radha. These babies (incarnations) were carried off by the Rakshasi Poothana and by divine intervention, were dropped at Gokul, VRindavan, Barsana and surrounding places.
Devi also killed Sumbha and Nishumbha over here. Btw, can you clear the doubt above, of mine?

ah...but...how?
means...parvati is on kailash,then how can she live at vindhayas for eternity?SleepyOuchShocked

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 7)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 18 May 2013 at 6:14am | IP Logged

i want to ask one question,how can mata durga be vindhya vasini if she is parvati and lives at kailash?
how can one person be at two places the same time?Ouch

When Mata Durga took birth as Yashoda's daughter, and went to Kamsa's prison, she flew out of his hands and prophesied his death. After that she went to the Vindhya hills to do penance. Her name is Yogamaya or Ekanamsa. According to Lalita Madhava, she was present there to welcome the incarnation of Devi Lakshmi as the gopis and Devi Radha. These babies (incarnations) were carried off by the Rakshasi Poothana and by divine intervention, were dropped at Gokul, VRindavan, Barsana and surrounding places.
Devi also killed Sumbha and Nishumbha over here. Btw, can you clear the doubt above, of mine?

ah...but...how?
means...parvati is on kailash,then how can she live at vindhayas for eternity?SleepyOuchShocked
She is Devi, she can reside in any number of places, like Varaaliji just explained...
Besides, Devi is not only Lord SHiva's wife... She is Vishnu's wife Brahma's wife, etc. etc. You get the general idea. And one part of her is still a Kanya. I hope your doubt is cleared.

Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 19 May 2013 at 12:20am

elasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

elasingh

Posted: 19 May 2013 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Who is the actor playing Shukrachrya?

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 19 May 2013 at 4:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by elasingh

Darshan Gandas.(Its in Wikipedia)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

elasingh

elasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

elasingh

Posted: 20 May 2013 at 8:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by elasingh

Darshan Gandas.(Its in Wikipedia)
Thanks Surya.

elasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

elasingh

Posted: 20 May 2013 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Somebody tell me what does Jallu say to Vrinda before going into the sea? He says something like "karkvriti se..."

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 23 May 2013 at 3:51am | IP Logged
hey guys...anyone read ASWIN SANGHI'S the krishna key??? its a strange book that chages a lot of notions sbout our ancient texts ie the puranas, vedas and upanishads...if u haven't read it!!!

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 23 May 2013 at 4:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by wildcat1994

hey guys...anyone read ASWIN SANGHI'S the krishna key??? its a strange book that chages a lot of notions sbout our ancient texts ie the puranas, vedas and upanishads...if u haven't read it!!!
I have. It really does change some notions. The author has been very creative. Although (don't laugh), the book scares me like hell. With all about Shivalingas being nuclear reactors and all!!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top