Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 37)

Post Reply New Post

Page 37 of 38

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 06 May 2014 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by srishtisingh

hello this is my first time in dkdm forum! I am searching for episode discussion thread. if there is any please provide link!
There is no EDT. YOu can discuss in the written update thread itself or in the various threads opened by others. OR you can open your own. (And next time, you can use the helpdesk for any doubts about the forum).Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

wildcat1994srishtisingh

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 37)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 07 May 2014 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by wildcat1994

Here he is treated like some obstacle which everyone has to cross to reach Swargaloka. And they show him as very helpless when it comes to matters like this, when actually, he has never been helpless EVER.

oh ok i got u now! frankly, i don't trust shrimad bhagvatam so much coz like all other books-puranas, upanishads, etc of that time...stories vary...books that r written in praise of shiva believe something, others dd opposite or a maybe a slight variant of that story!

but, one thing is there...kartikeya was indeed parvati's darling son but he did not believe in parvati ka love...he always had a strained relation with them n that is y he rarely lived at kailash!!  also, he always fought with d gods...never against them! he supported his father but not whole-heartedly just coz of his relation...n purana, i think shiva purana only mentions banasura being defeated by kartikeya once!!!!

n surya...u'll have to tell me whats happening in d serial so that i can understand what u mean by d words that r highlighted in red!!!Wink

First. You don't believe SB.
A. You must be kidding.
B. If no, then, hm.. ok.
C. YOu must like Shiva Purana very much.

@Red Int he show, whenever any asura attacks, it is like Kartikeya is level one, if they pass level one, they can continue in fighting the others. Take Banasur track itself. When he first attacked heaven, Kartikeya rushed first. (Of course that is his duty). But the next time Banasur attacked, he didn't attack Swarga. Instead, he went to Kailas and told Kartikeya, "Fight me. If I defeat you, then Swarga is mine." You understand what I am saying? Like defeating Kartikeya is the only requirement to do anything.

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 08 May 2014 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

Originally posted by wildcat1994

Here he is treated like some obstacle which everyone has to cross to reach Swargaloka. And they show him as very helpless when it comes to matters like this, when actually, he has never been helpless EVER.

oh ok i got u now! frankly, i don't trust shrimad bhagvatam so much coz like all other books-puranas, upanishads, etc of that time...stories vary...books that r written in praise of shiva believe something, others dd opposite or a maybe a slight variant of that story!

but, one thing is there...kartikeya was indeed parvati's darling son but he did not believe in parvati ka love...he always had a strained relation with them n that is y he rarely lived at kailash!!  also, he always fought with d gods...never against them! he supported his father but not whole-heartedly just coz of his relation...n purana, i think shiva purana only mentions banasura being defeated by kartikeya once!!!!

n surya...u'll have to tell me whats happening in d serial so that i can understand what u mean by d words that r highlighted in red!!!Wink

First. You don't believe SB.
A. You must be kidding.
B. If no, then, hm.. ok.
C. YOu must like Shiva Purana very much.

@Red Int he show, whenever any asura attacks, it is like Kartikeya is level one, if they pass level one, they can continue in fighting the others. Take Banasur track itself. When he first attacked heaven, Kartikeya rushed first. (Of course that is his duty). But the next time Banasur attacked, he didn't attack Swarga. Instead, he went to Kailas and told Kartikeya, "Fight me. If I defeat you, then Swarga is mine." You understand what I am saying? Like defeating Kartikeya is the only requirement to do anything.

no am not kidding...i don't trust Sb n frankly, i don't like d shiva purana either...for me they r books through which i m trying to understand what is truth n what must have happened when those books were written!!!

n yes, defeating kartkieya is d only essential to win swaraglok...bcoz... kartikeya is d senapati of all d gods n defender of swargalok...if u defeat him then there is no way indra or any other god except vishnu n shiva can defeat u!!!!so, u win swarglok if u win kartikeya...get what am sayin?Embarrassed

TheWatcher

Goldie

TheWatcher

Posted: 09 May 2014 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
Can anybody, in short, explain what really happened during the end banasur fight?

I read Somewhere that Lord Krishna defeated lord Shiva, is this true?

I can understand that the above story is altered due to one 's favouritism towards a god and the attempts to make him superior.

And, did pradyumna defeat Kartikeya?, I don't know I can't seem to digest this, how can anyone defeat the god of war himself, what will be the meaning of him being the god of war if he can be defeated by anyone else rather than shiva or vishnu. 

I ask this once again, if we consider all the warriors from all the yugas including MB warriors and Krishna's sons, is kartikeya the best warrior only second to shiva and vishnu?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Debralemore

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 10 May 2014 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheWatcher

Can anybody, in short, explain what really happened during the end banasur fight?

I read Somewhere that Lord Krishna defeated lord Shiva, is this true?

I can understand that the above story is altered due to one 's favouritism towards a god and the attempts to make him superior.

And, did pradyumna defeat Kartikeya?, I don't know I can't seem to digest this, how can anyone defeat the god of war himself, what will be the meaning of him being the god of war if he can be defeated by anyone else rather than shiva or vishnu. 

I ask this once again, if we consider all the warriors from all the yugas including MB warriors and Krishna's sons, is kartikeya the best warrior only second to shiva and vishnu?

Hm.. What really happened was this.. (and I am trying to tell in the most unbiased way).
Krishna and the Yadavas attacked Shonitapura (coz Balarama doesn't promise anyhting in the original), and Lord Shiva and Kartikeya and the Ganas come to war. Thus both sides are equally matched. While the fight continues, Banasura faints and is is taken into the city, so the battle is now between Shiva and Krishna. They both send fever (Jvara) weapons (germ war?) against each other, where SHiva Jvara increases your body temperature, and Narayana Jvara reduces it to very low levels. Scientifically, I think it is possible to reduce high fever but when the body becomes cold, it becomes difficult to cure a person. This is what happened when the two Jvaras clashed. Narayana Jvara immediately decreased the temperature of SHiva Jvara and thus was able to conquer it.

Lord SHiva then continued to battle fiercely, and so Krishna thought, since they are equals in power, there is no way the battle will end. So he sent a Jrimbhana weapon (sleep weapon) and made Lord Shiva sleep off. Banasura returned, and Krishna cut off 996 arms with his chakra, when SHiva woke up and stopped Krishna. Lord Krishna and Lord SHiva then blessed Banasura and stated their oneness and about Harihara. Then Banasura asked forgiveness, and married Usha to Aniruddha.

Pradyumna was an incarnation of Kamadeva. So the battle was between love and war. In such a battle, who is likely to win?Wink

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sidspilzwildcat1994Archana.nac

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 11 June 2014 at 6:07am | IP Logged
Ok, couldn't find any other place to post.
Remember last year, when Brahmadev announced that Devasena is his Manasaputri and we all were like, NO, How dare you!
Well turns out CVs are right after all.. at least, in one version..

Devi Bhagavatam.
Ninth Skandha.
Chapter 46.
"O King! I am the mind-born daughter of Brahma. My name is Devasena. The Creator before created Me out of His mind and made Me over to the hands of Skanda. Amongst the Matrikas, I am known as Sasthi, the wife of Skanda. I am the sixth part of Prakriti; hence I am named Sasthi."

So they are not always wrong are they?Big smile

rsnarula67

Proud-India

IF-Sizzlerz

Proud-India

Posted: 17 June 2014 at 2:04am | IP Logged
Why Rushimunis & ancient yogis assume Mahadev's Shape form ?

What was need ?

we know that he is shapeless

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 17 June 2014 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Proud-India

Why Rushimunis & ancient yogis assume Mahadev's Shape form ?

What was need ?

we know that he is shapeless

Oh do you mean that, "Why did the rishis imagine God's form when he has no form?"
DIfficult.
Because, this form is not imagined at all. It is the original form of Lord Shiva. And the formless thing...
You see, two main schools of thought are Dvaita and Advaita.
One considers that everything is Nashwar (Advaita) and another (Dvaita) considers that GOd is eternal, so his creation is also eternal. (Eternal doesn't mean never destroyed, just that there cannot be absolutely NOTHING).
So, if you see from Dvaita, God's form is true, not Maya. But Advaita considers the form as Maya.
So Nirguna in Advaita means formless, which is what you are saying..
BUt according to Dvaita, (and other related philosophy like Vishishtadvaita and CHaitanya Mahaprabhu's) Nirguna does NOT mean formless. It means without any earthly qualities. Transcendental.
Therefore, to make things short, nothing about Lord SHiva's form is imagined.

Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 17 June 2014 at 5:04am

Proud-India

Post Reply New Post

Go to top