Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 32)

Post Reply New Post

Page 32 of 38

Proud-India

IF-Sizzlerz

Proud-India

Posted: 15 December 2013 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Panini...??!! He was in 4 Th BC...i think so.

So lord Shiva also came at that time?? This is folk tale ? Will they show this in Mahadev ?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 32)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 15 December 2013 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Originally posted by TheWatcher

How many pupil's did Lord shiva had? I only know Parshurama are there more?

Didn't  Lord Shiva teach anyone else apart from Parshurama?

Devi Parvati was his first and foremost shishya. He taught her - amongst many other things- the the principles of Hatha yoga - on the banks of Ganga on the holy night of Shivaratri.

The four sanat kumaras were his shishyas. Lord Shiva took the Dakshinamoorthy form to impart to them the highest wisdom.

Lord Shiva- in his Nataraja form-  taught the basics of dance to Barata Muni - hence the name Bhratanatyam.

Sage Agastya and the great  Panini learnt the grammar of Tamil and Sanskrit respectively from Lord Shiva.

Didn't he teach Kartikeya warfare as well, or was that someone else?

Also, Parashurama was not his disciple, was he?  He just meditated for divine weapons & got them, like Arjun or Madhu (father of Lavanasura) did.  People who received weapons like that didn't become his disciples.

Different note - I've been missing the threads, so what exactly is this Arunasura story?

Edited by .Vrish. - 15 December 2013 at 10:00am

Aditya.R

Aditya.R

Posted: 15 December 2013 at 10:18am | IP Logged
@Vrish
If I am not mistaken, Parashurama was indeed Lord Shiva's disciple. He received training in Kailash AND received weapons.

Both DKDM and Vishnupuran (another BRC serial) show this.

Correct me if I am wrong.

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 15 December 2013 at 10:57am | IP Logged

TheWatcher

Goldie

TheWatcher

Posted: 15 December 2013 at 11:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Originally posted by varaali

Originally posted by TheWatcher

How many pupil's did Lord shiva had? I only know Parshurama are there more?

Didn't  Lord Shiva teach anyone else apart from Parshurama?

Devi Parvati was his first and foremost shishya. He taught her - amongst many other things- the the principles of Hatha yoga - on the banks of Ganga on the holy night of Shivaratri.

The four sanat kumaras were his shishyas. Lord Shiva took the Dakshinamoorthy form to impart to them the highest wisdom.

Lord Shiva- in his Nataraja form-  taught the basics of dance to Barata Muni - hence the name Bhratanatyam.

Sage Agastya and the great  Panini learnt the grammar of Tamil and Sanskrit respectively from Lord Shiva.

Didn't he teach Kartikeya warfare as well, or was that someone else?

Also, Parashurama was not his disciple, was he?  He just meditated for divine weapons & got them, like Arjun or Madhu (father of Lavanasura) did.  People who received weapons like that didn't become his disciples.

Different note - I've been missing the threads, so what exactly is this Arunasura story?

Parshurama pleased Shiva with his terrible penance in turn Lord Shiva taught him and gave him his famous axe.

Edited by TheWatcher - 15 December 2013 at 11:16am

Arijit007

IF-Sizzlerz

Arijit007

Posted: 15 December 2013 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
can someone please tell me more about the bhootnaath swaroop of mahadev? i mean dose he have a different story?

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 15 December 2013 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Proud-India

Panini...??!! He was in 4 Th BC...i think so.

So lord Shiva also came at that time?? This is folk tale ? Will they show this in Mahadev ?

No, it is not a folk tale. It must have taken place in reality.

No one but Lord Shiva could have inspired  Panini to formulate the rules of Sanskrit grammar in such a tightly -knit,  tamper-proof manner that, till today, it remains unchanged. 

The story goes like this- Panini was attempting to compose and codify the rules of Sanskrit grammar in such a manner that it will withstand the  ravages of time.

When he was in meditation, Lord Shiva appeared before him and played his damaru in a specific manner 14 times.

Panini- the genius that he was, understood all that Shiva wanted to tell him. 

Panini captured the sounds of the damaru and translated them into syllables. From these sounds emerged the 14 verses which provided Panini with the basis for formulating the rules of Sanskrit grammar. 

These 14 verses are known as "Maheshwara Sutras" or "Maheshwara Sutrani" (in Sanskrit)

These verses are just a collection of sounds and if you say them aloud, in one breath,they really sound like drum beats. 

take a look at this-

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mithilaridsArchana.nacmnx12Surya_krsnbhaktkaatayaniProud-India

jyoti07

IF-Rockerz

jyoti07

Posted: 20 December 2013 at 12:20am | IP Logged
can anyone tell me about goddess tara. i heard its a form of devi parvati.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top