Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 3)

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Yes, you are correct, Vrish. Avantika is the term used so frequently, it slipped my mind that Ujjainapuri was its capital. 

But something tells me Ujjain itself  had an older name... I will check it out.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.

Surya_krsnbhakt IF-Dazzler
Surya_krsnbhakt
Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Viraaga

1) If Parvati was AdiShakti in human form then is she with her human body(alive) in Mt.Kailash till dateConfused

2) Mahadev in human body too??

Plz clarify :)

Actually Mahadev and Mata PArvati are not HUMAN.. Their form is transcendental , never decaying.
Parvati was born with human form, but that became a divine form the moment she accepted her Adishakti Roopa. And yes, they are present in Kailash, but invisible to humans.  They are gods. Even Kailash is actually filled with lush green forests, but its hidden from us humans. Self realised souls can behold them.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Archana.nac_gReenheaRt_Cool-n-Fresh.Vrish.mnx12sia221

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 03 May 2013 at 7:25am | IP Logged
can anyone please tell me the name of mahadevs trishul?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_gReenheaRt_

_gReenheaRt_ Goldie
_gReenheaRt_
_gReenheaRt_

Posted: 04 May 2013 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tarakari

can anyone please tell me the name of mahadevs trishul?

Found this...

Pinaka is Shiva' bow.ajagavam, ajIgavam, etc. are synonyms. However according to amarakoShaH it is also the name of trident. Furthermore bharataH explains it as trident of shivaH-"Sulamapi shadhkaramiheti kechith!"(anyone please give the meaning of this)

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 04 May 2013 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SRUJAconscience

Furthermore bharataH explains it as trident of shivaH-"Sulamapi shadhkaramiheti kechith!"(anyone please give the meaning of this)

Meaning : It is also called as "Shoolam" by some / According to some, he also carries a Sulam in his hand.

Edited by varaali - 05 May 2013 at 5:16am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Archana.nac_gReenheaRt_.Vrish.

bharat9 IF-Dazzler
bharat9
bharat9

Posted: 05 May 2013 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
Hi, Iv  questions regrading fasts related to Mahadev. Kindly clarify my doubts. Thanks.

what is pradosh Vrat?
there are 16-Souvmar vrat, normal Souvmar vrat. But then I'v heard that the vrat falling in the Sawan month are equivalent to 16-saumvar? Is this right? Why Sawan month is so dear to Lord Shiva? Is this the month related to Parvati ji doing puja/vrat/tap to get Lord Shiva as Her husband?

Ok, now a very innocent and maybe a stupid question, so please forgive me for this but I'd like to clarify. People always say that Mahadev is Bholenath, that one can easily please Him comparing to other Lords. Is this right and still possible in this age?

Thank you for bearing my questions.

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
Bharat,

Pradosha occurs when trayodashi ( the thirteenth day after full moon / amavasya) falls in the evening. 

That conjuction (trayodashi + evening) is said to be sacred to Lord Shiva. It is also beleived that he performs his Ananda Tandava during Pradosha.

In fact, there is also a belief that Lord Shiva is so engrossed in his dance that there is no point in asking HIm for favour. So it is a common practice for the devotees to whisper their requests in Nand's ear, in the hopes that he will convey it to the Lord when He is free.

Regarding Vrats, I have no idea, since these practices vary from region to region.

Mahadev is known as Ashutosh - one who is easy to please- because He is happy with something as simple as an abhishekha of water / milk.

See, it is said that each of the five prominent dieties in Hinduism ( Sun, Shiva, Vishnu, Devi, Ganesha) are said to be pleased with one particular act.

For instance - Sun is propiated by offering water / full length namaskar.

Shiva is pleased by an abhishekha. That's why there is a pot of water, with drops dripping, above every Shivalinga.

Vishnu (Rama/ Krishna) is pleased by recitation (Paaraayan) That's why it is considered auspicious to read / hear Ramayan and Srimad Bhagavatam.

Devi ( Durga / Saraswati / Gowri) is pleased when one recties her praises in the form of Shlokas. That's why she is called Stotrapriya Stutimati Shruti samstutha Vaibhava 

Ganesha is pleased with... no surprises... Food... Bhojanam.

Now what happens if a person cannot perform Surya namakar, cannnot read Ramayan nor knows any slokas nor is able to cook bhojan?

All he had to do is offer water to a shiva linga and chant Om Namah shivaya and Shiva's grace will be upon him.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Archana.nac_gReenheaRt_Surya_krsnbhaktsia221

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Of course, Lord Krishna has also said in Bhagavat Gita that He is happy when someone offers him a leaf, flower, fruit or even water with devotion (Patram pushpam Phalam toyam...)

Ultimately it is the devotion and the sinceriety which matters.

All Gods are One. It is we who have given them names, attributes, likes and dislikes...LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Archana.nac_gReenheaRt_Surya_krsnbhaktsia221

Go to top