Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 25)

Post Reply New Post

Page 25 of 38

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

One thing that struck me - in the Vishnu puranas, after Hiranyaksha is slain, it goes directly to Hiranyakashipu to avenge him - no mention of Andhak succeeding him there.  In the Shiva Puranas, you have Vishnu installing Andhak as Hiranyaksha's successor.  But wouldn't that have created either an alliance, or a power struggle b/w Andhak & Hiranyakashipu?  I can't recall any time that the rakshashas and asuras had multiple supremos.
Wouldn't creating 2 parallel power centers in Andhak & Prahlad have ensured that the asuras would have been in perpetual civil war, and never have been a threat to the devas? Evil Smile

Wicked, I say.

Well, our great Vyas bhagvaan and his successors didnt hav any work na... so they just wrote like that.. or maybe vyasa would have written it in SHiva PUrana but by the time he came to Bhagavatam (the last Purana) he would have been so excited to explain about Narasimha avataram that he would have completely forgotten about Andhaka...
Or as Kriti said, Andhaka story can be a later interpolation... Though, how does Andhaka story come (as in, appear) in Matsya Purana anyone?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kaatayani.Vrish.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 25)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kaatayani

IF-Rockerz

kaatayani

Posted: 05 September 2013 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
well Don't know tht whether this query relates to Shiva or not..

but it's really a random question..

What is the difference between Asura, Rakshasa and a Daitya??

are they the synonyms of each other or they are sort of different tribes??Geek

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Rishi Kashyap's 3 wives among 13 daughters of Daksh were Aditi, Diti & Danu. Aditi's sons were Devas, Diti's Asuras & Danu's were Danavas.
It is said that Rakhasas were created from the breath of Brahma when he was asleep at the end of the Satya Yuga. As soon as they were created they were so filled with blood lust that they started eating Brahma himself. Brahma shouted "Rakshama" (Sanskrit for "Protect Me!") and to save Brahma, Vishnu expelled all Rakshasas (named so because of Brahma's cry for help) to Earth.

kalyani_shivakaatayani

kalyani_shiva

Coolbie

kalyani_shiva

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 4:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Rishi Kashyap's 3 wives among 13 daughters of Daksh were Aditi, Diti & Danu. Aditi's sons were Devas, Diti's Asuras & Danu's were Danavas.
It is said that Rakhasas were created from the breath of Brahma when he was asleep at the end of the Satya Yuga. As soon as they were created they were so filled with blood lust that they started eating Brahma himself. Brahma shouted "Rakshama" (Sanskrit for "Protect Me!") and to save Brahma, Vishnu expelled all Rakshasas (named so because of Brahma's cry for help) to Earth.

Thanks for the info.
i never knew Rishi Kashyap had 3 wives and I was knowing that Rishi Kashyap had 2 wives.

mnx12kaatayani

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 5:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kalyani_shiva

Originally posted by mnx12

Thanks for the info.
i never knew Rishi Kashyap had 3 wives and I was knowing that Rishi Kashyap had 2 wives.

Rishi Kashyap had 13 wives...

mnx12kaatayani

kaatayani

IF-Rockerz

kaatayani

Posted: 06 September 2013 at 6:17am | IP Logged
thanks for answering my query Minaxi mam..

interesting fellows these asuras/ rakshas were

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

kaatayani

IF-Rockerz

kaatayani

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 7:40am | IP Logged
i just wonder.. how the men could handle so many wives..!!!Silly

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 7:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaatayani

i just wonder.. how the men could handle so many wives..!!!Silly
Look at Krishna, who had 16108 wives! I guess that is why Mahadev has only one Parvati Devi!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kaatayani

Post Reply New Post

Go to top