Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 24)

Post Reply New Post

Page 24 of 38

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

Kaun Banegi Draupadi??ROFL
Krishna Avatara would be a disaster. They will show Mahadev appearing to Krishna everytime, though I doubt they will show Vrindavana-Gokula etc. They might start like Dwarakadheesh, because only during adulthood does Shiva even appear. That too only for Banasur. Ok, they might show Krishna breaking the bow, because it was Shiva's bow. Mahadev is so unlucky, to have Narayana break his bow twice!

Coming to Banasura... Kill him? What the hell is Mahadev talking about? To answer your question Vrish, yes Banasura does appear in SHiva PUrana and Krishna-Banasura fight happens, but Mahadev is not defeated. Krishna straightaway begins his killing spree, but Mahadev jumps in the middle and stops Krishna. So much for Mahadev being defeated. But if they show the defeat in the show (Unlikely) I want them to show Shiva dozing off... That I have NEVER seen! So that is one scene I anticipate (again, unlikely).

but i would love to see such a show...kaun banega draupadi...it will be fun to see the disastrous way of depicting draupadi n the pandava story!!!!LOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-India

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 24)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 14 August 2013 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by wildcat1994

gosh...what d hell is goin on!! where did Banasura crop up from n that too in sita's swayamwar??Confused n ya he is mentioned in shiva purana...but, d story mentioned here is diff...surya is right, mahadev was never defeated till date neither was vishnu...they just kind of peacefully agreed upon something...coz, both of them cannot be defeated by anyone even themselves.Ermm remember, they show the endless fight between shiva-vishnu when vishnu goes to live with lakshmi's sisters!!!Ermm
and for heaven's sake...stop cribbing about those scriptwritters...they r only trying to gather audince who loves to see such story...without realising its truthLOL

Actually, Vishnu was defeated twice - once by Veerbhadra, and another time by Vrishabh avatar.  What they showed in the serial was wrong, like so much else.

While defending Banasura, Shiva was defeated, if one goes by SB.

I thought that 'kaun banegi Draupadi' would be more like a reality show to audition the actress most suited to play Draupadi.  Although I don't get why it's that difficult - they'll need a girl who's beautiful, yet somewhat old, since Draupadi was full grown from the yagna, and her age would have ranged from 30s when she married the Pandavas, to 100 when she died.  So people thinking that she should be some Miss India contestant in her late teens or early twens have it completely wrong.

Edited by .Vrish. - 14 August 2013 at 4:59pm

Proud-India

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Ok this doubt is ancient...

Atri is Kashyapa's uncle. Atri's son is Chandra, and Kashyapa's sons are the devas. So that means Chandra is the uncle of all the devas. Then how is Indra king? Yeah, Surya is the eldest, but Chandra is EVEN elder.

Proud-India

Proud-India

IF-Sizzlerz

Proud-India

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 7:14am | IP Logged
What is story behind Lingashtakam? Smile

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 10:43am | IP Logged

Atri is Kashyapa's uncle. Atri's son is Chandra, and Kashyapa's sons are the devas. So that means Chandra is the uncle of all the devas. Then how is Indra king? Yeah, Surya is the eldest, but Chandra is EVEN elder.

Was Chandra a deva?  I thought that he was forever an ornament of Mahadev

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Originally posted by wildcat1994

gosh...what d hell is goin on!! where did Banasura crop up from n that too in sita's swayamwar??Confused n ya he is mentioned in shiva purana...but, d story mentioned here is diff...surya is right, mahadev was never defeated till date neither was vishnu...they just kind of peacefully agreed upon something...coz, both of them cannot be defeated by anyone even themselves.Ermm remember, they show the endless fight between shiva-vishnu when vishnu goes to live with lakshmi's sisters!!!Ermm
and for heaven's sake...stop cribbing about those scriptwritters...they r only trying to gather audince who loves to see such story...without realising its truthLOL

Actually, Vishnu was defeated twice - once by Veerbhadra, and another time by Vrishabh avatar.  What they showed in the serial was wrong, like so much else.

While defending Banasura, Shiva was defeated, if one goes by SB.

I thought that 'kaun banegi Draupadi' would be more like a reality show to audition the actress most suited to play Draupadi.  Although I don't get why it's that difficult - they'll need a girl who's beautiful, yet somewhat old, since Draupadi was full grown from the yagna, and her age would have ranged from 30s when she married the Pandavas, to 100 when she died.  So people thinking that she should be some Miss India contestant in her late teens or early twens have it completely wrong.

ahem...i was not talking about the avatars of shiv or vishnu...i meant that Shiv and Vishnu cannot defeat each other...its told in practically all ancient texts!!!! 

..RamKiJanaki..

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Was Chandra a deva?  I thought that he was forever an ornament of Mahadev

Ancinet indians never gave the post or kingship to anyone bcoz he is eldest...it was given on the basis of virtues and skills...though Indra was a little jealous n attitude filled person...but despite that he was the best king devas could get coz...the rest of them were not as knowledgeble as him in terms of rajniti, vedas, gyan, etc...that is y he was chosen over chadra n surya...n they had no problem with that...coz, they occupied posts without which the planet could not survive!!! N yes, CHANDRA is a DEVA...still!!!!!

Surya_krsnbhakt

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 2:00am | IP Logged
One thing that struck me - in the Vishnu puranas, after Hiranyaksha is slain, it goes directly to Hiranyakashipu to avenge him - no mention of Andhak succeeding him there.  In the Shiva Puranas, you have Vishnu installing Andhak as Hiranyaksha's successor.  But wouldn't that have created either an alliance, or a power struggle b/w Andhak & Hiranyakashipu?  I can't recall any time that the rakshashas and asuras had multiple supremos.

Wouldn't creating 2 parallel power centers in Andhak & Prahlad have ensured that the asuras would have been in perpetual civil war, and never have been a threat to the devas? Evil Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-varaalikaatayani

Post Reply New Post

Go to top