Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
I need some help. 
I want to know about Ashtang yoga which currently shown in the show.
@smiley, check here Edited by mnx12 - 10 years ago

1) If Parvati was AdiShakti in human form then is she with her human body(alive) in Mt.Kailash till date😕

2) Mahadev in human body too??

Plz clarify :)
I have a question about Himavan, seeing today's update.  He personifies the Himalayas, which as we all know, runs from Kashmir thru Tibet, Nepal and right up to Bhutan.  So one would have expected his kingdom to be located there.

But today, Nandi was sent to Ujjain, from where Himavan's palace was said to be not far.  But that's the site of the ancient kingdom of Avanti (assuming it existed that early in the Satya Yuga), which is in today's MP, somewhere near Indore.  If Himavan ruled there, how are the mountains in his name located somewhere that's nowhere even close?

I was always under the impression that Kailash, and all the places associated w/ Mahadev were a part of Himavan's kingdom.
Yes, I too had the same the doubt. And it should have been 'Avanti / Avantika' - not Ujjain.
Wasn't Avanti/Avantika the province/kingdom, and Ujjain the capital?  Just like Kampilya was the capital of Panchala, Kundinpur the capital of Vidarbha & so on (yeah, I'm using Dwapar Yuga examples, since I can't think of Satya or Treta Yuga examples at the moment - not that in this serial, that seems to matter)

But when would Avantika have been founded - as early as the Satya Yuga?
Yes, you are correct, Vrish. Avantika is the term used so frequently, it slipped my mind that Ujjainapuri was its capital. 

But something tells me Ujjain itself  had an older name... I will check it out.
Originally posted by Viraaga

1) If Parvati was AdiShakti in human form then is she with her human body(alive) in Mt.Kailash till date😕

2) Mahadev in human body too??

Plz clarify :)

Actually Mahadev and Mata PArvati are not HUMAN.. Their form is transcendental , never decaying.
Parvati was born with human form, but that became a divine form the moment she accepted her Adishakti Roopa. And yes, they are present in Kailash, but invisible to humans.  They are gods. Even Kailash is actually filled with lush green forests, but its hidden from us humans. Self realised souls can behold them.
can anyone please tell me the name of mahadevs trishul?
Originally posted by Tarakari

can anyone please tell me the name of mahadevs trishul?

Found this...

Pinaka is Shiva' bow.ajagavam, ajIgavam, etc. are synonyms. However according to amarakoShaH it is also the name of trident. Furthermore bharataH explains it as trident of shivaH-"Sulamapi shadhkaramiheti kechith!"(anyone please give the meaning of this)