Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 35

Page 1
Page   of 35
Page 3 Page 35

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

Ya, so my doubt is something which everyone yould have been wondering. How can the devtas be killed if they have drunk amrit? After all, the very meaning of Amrit is "A-mrit" "Yah Mritah Na ASti) That which is not mortal.
And rishi Dadhichi, saidm, "Amar aur Adamya jaise shabd is nashvar sansaar mein hai hi nahi." So what does that mean? That amrit is not possible? ConfusedConfusedConfused

They did have amrit, which is why they couldn't be killed.  But they could still be defeated, mutilated and all sorts of stuff.  For instance, Rahu's head was cut off after he had had the amrit, and so he's immortal, but in a decapitated state.  That's what the devas risked.

Remember, the devas were defeated several times after the amrit manthan - by the likes of Ravan, Narakasura, and a lot of other demons.  A lot of those demons had special conditions attached to their deaths.  So those demons could still torment the devas and enslave them.  So it wasn't enough that they had amrit - they needed to be powerful as well, but several asura & rakshasha leaders had an edge over them due to various boons they got from Brahma or Shiva.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

arcnacSurya_krsnbhaktmnx12sia221

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 2)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 2:10am | IP Logged
Asuras wanted to be untamable, immortal on the power of the boon they get due to their penance. But they fail to understand that Devas giving boon are much smarter then them. All the boons come with terms & conditions. They are undefeatable till the moment power of their boon lasts, then someone else comes & ends their life. Rishi Dadhichi remained untouched with the Maya, so could see the truth.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

arcnacSurya_krsnbhaktsia221.Vrish.sbk2

kalyani_shiva

Coolbie

kalyani_shiva

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 3:37am | IP Logged
I need some help. 
I want to know about Ashtang yoga which currently shown in the show.

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 3:57am | IP Logged
@smiley, check here

Edited by mnx12 - 20 April 2013 at 4:00am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kalyani_shiva

Cool-n-Fresh

Goldie

Cool-n-Fresh

Posted: 29 April 2013 at 7:35pm | IP Logged

1) If Parvati was AdiShakti in human form then is she with her human body(alive) in Mt.Kailash till dateConfused

2) Mahadev in human body too??

Plz clarify :)

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
I have a question about Himavan, seeing today's update.  He personifies the Himalayas, which as we all know, runs from Kashmir thru Tibet, Nepal and right up to Bhutan.  So one would have expected his kingdom to be located there.

But today, Nandi was sent to Ujjain, from where Himavan's palace was said to be not far.  But that's the site of the ancient kingdom of Avanti (assuming it existed that early in the Satya Yuga), which is in today's MP, somewhere near Indore.  If Himavan ruled there, how are the mountains in his name located somewhere that's nowhere even close?

I was always under the impression that Kailash, and all the places associated w/ Mahadev were a part of Himavan's kingdom.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Yes, I too had the same the doubt. And it should have been 'Avanti / Avantika' - not Ujjain.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 12:22am | IP Logged
Wasn't Avanti/Avantika the province/kingdom, and Ujjain the capital?  Just like Kampilya was the capital of Panchala, Kundinpur the capital of Vidarbha & so on (yeah, I'm using Dwapar Yuga examples, since I can't think of Satya or Treta Yuga examples at the moment - not that in this serial, that seems to matter)

But when would Avantika have been founded - as early as the Satya Yuga?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top