Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 19)

Post Reply New Post

Page 19 of 38

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 13 July 2013 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ShrNi-

does anyone know why Kartikeya is called Subramaniyam?
is there any story behind it
Google Maata wasnt helping-so i aksedLOL
I was gonna google it - then I read your last line!LOL
But I found this in WIkipedia.
It is not a pure Tamil Name, that's for sure.

Subramaniam (Tamil: ????????????? or ???????????; Telugu: ????????????) is a South Indian name. It is also be spelled Subramanian or Subramanyam. The name is derived from the Sanskrit words su (??), meaning "good" or "dear," and bramanian, meaning brahmin; the name translates loosely as "dear to Brahmins."

Yeah, this can be the meaning. So Lord Muruga is dear to Brahmins. WEll he is dear to all...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-India

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 19)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Proud-India

IF-Sizzlerz

Proud-India

Posted: 13 July 2013 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Can anyone tell me why saints have thought of SAKAR swaroop of Shiva?????

He is NIRAKAR.

And why Shiva wear Tiger skin??

Tongue

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Proud-India

Can anyone tell me why saints have thought of SAKAR swaroop of Shiva?????

He is NIRAKAR.

And why Shiva wear Tiger skin??

Tongue
Shiva wears tiger skin coz he is close to nature and prefers being away from materialistic things which he has renounced...he is a yogi n unlike jainism...hindusim does not state that yogis should not wear clothesLOLLOL...yet, he  is d most sparcely clothed god!!!Big smileBig smile

shiva is nirakar...d one reason y he is worshipped as a lingam n not in his tiger-clothed yogi form...however, he is said to have a wife, kids n family...so, stones cannot have family..lolLOLLOL...tat is y he is given that yogi look...!!! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Arijit007Proud-India

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 18 July 2013 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
hey, can anyone tell me how long is this RAMAYAN story gonna continue in MAHADEV??? N d name of the new PARVATI...she is terrible...someone needs to teach her how to express emotions through eyes!!!Angry

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 19 July 2013 at 3:24am | IP Logged
In the ACK Elephanta, I read a different story of why Shiva wears a tiger skin.  A bunch of rishis, vainglorious about their greatness due to the devotion of their wives, become conceited, and so Mahadev & Narayan decide to teach them a lesson.  Mahadev takes the roop of a handsome youth, while Vishnu takes his Mohini roop.  The wives are attracted to Shiva, while the rishis are attracted to Mohini.  After a while the Rishis realize what's happening and try to curse the youth, but since it's Shiva, nothing happens.

Then they invoke a tiger, and the youth kills it, skins it and wears its skin.  They then invoke a snake, which the youth wraps around his neck like an ornament.  Then the youth returns to Shiva's original form and the rishis repent.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

varaaliThe.Patthaaka.Arijit007Proud-India

Arijit007

IF-Sizzlerz

Arijit007

Posted: 19 July 2013 at 3:35am | IP Logged
vrish, thank you for the story man, but one doubt remains, what did mahadev wear before this? Wink

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

varaali.Vrish.The.Patthaaka.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 19 July 2013 at 4:24am | IP Logged
Probably a tux Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Patthaaka.Arijit007

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 19 July 2013 at 4:46am | IP Logged
So the chaila form of Mahadev taken in Daruk van is taken from this story. Only Vishnuji wasn't with him. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top