Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 17)

Post Reply New Post

Page 17 of 38

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

I have completed the story of Andhaka in Page 13. You can have a look. And Kriti (I looked up your profile name), even though Andhaka may not be in Shiva Purana, it is mentioned in other Puranas. So even if it may be folklore, if it contains devotion to Lord SHiva and his leelas, you can take it as a authentic story. (If not real, as a means to learn more about lord Shiva's grace).

Ok this is not exactly a doubt, but does anyone have the ORIGINAL SHiva Purana? Like, either the Sanskrit original, or the exact translation?
Can someone answer this question also? I think Kriti, you said you have the original no?
Hell-ooo...

am not sure if its ORIGINAL but its pretty close to it...n unfortunately its written in PRAKRIT...i don't understand that language so, i generaly get it translated by my royal pandit...ie, d man whose generations have been chronicling my family!!!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 17)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 10:43am | IP Logged
That's what even I've said- the avataras description is not chronoloical 

And just to nitpick, the next avatara after Kurma was Narsimha [ refer 2.7.13 / 14] Tongue

So your question is answered.

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

And just to nitpick, the next avatara after Kurma was Narsimha [ refer 2.7.13 / 14] Tongue

That is not my question.LOL
My question is did Samudra Mathana happen at the time of Sati or Parvati?

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by wildcat1994

am not sure if its ORIGINAL but its pretty close to it...n unfortunately its written in PRAKRIT...i don't understand that language so, i generaly get it translated by my royal pandit...ie, d man whose generations have been chronicling my family!!!

Oh... but does it have the Sanskrit slokas?

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 10:48am | IP Logged
it doesn't have sanskrit slokas...n for d record...most of d slokas r written in PRAKRIT not SANSKRIT...but have been translated...also, bcoz...d two languages r pretty similar, it hardly makes any diff!!!!

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 10:50am | IP Logged

Samudra manthan happened during d tym of parvati...she was also called dakshayani coz she considered daksh as her father as well as hem...also, she was d re-born SATI...so, she was referred to as sati too!!! uma, durga, bavani r all one n d same n are more popular as parvati then sati!!!!

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by wildcat1994

Samudra manthan happened during d tym of parvati...she was also called dakshayani coz she considered daksh as her father as well as hem...also, she was d re-born SATI...so, she was referred to as sati too!!! uma, durga, bavani r all one n d same n are more popular as parvati then sati!!!!
Oh, that way. Ok thanks for answering!Smile

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 11:10am | IP Logged
welcome...but plz don't get confused with names as it is our ancesestors who wrote d puranas had a habbit of confusing ppl with naming a single person with 100 or more names!!! listing them all is almost impossible..it will require a  database as huge as d one of GOOGLELOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top