Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 15)

Post Reply New Post

Page 15 of 38

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

That's news to me. I thought that in the North, Kartikeya is regarded as a bachelor.

Anyway, what are Kartikeya's wives names in Rajasthan? 

Valli--a princess of South and Devsena--daughter of indra

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 (Page 15)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by wildcat1994

Originally posted by varaali

That's news to me. I thought that in the North, Kartikeya is regarded as a bachelor.

Anyway, what are Kartikeya's wives names in Rajasthan? 

Valli--a princess of South and Devsena--daughter of indra

yeah thats correct

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

and now...my question...hw come ganesh n kartikeya r getting married in d TRETA YUG??? they were supposed to get married in d satya yug itself n shubh-labh were born  by d mid of dwapar yug??? 

DKDM CVs ki leela DKDM CVs hi jaaneLOL

agreed...DKDM CV leela beats d original ones also!!! lolLOLLOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:35am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

Who is this andhak details please
Andhakasura was a demon born from Lord Shiva's sweat. Yeah, gross whatever.
OK, so do you remember one episode where Parvati puts her hands n Mahadev's eyes, and his third eye comes out? THAT should have been when they showed Andhakasura. WHen Parvati closed his eyes, Mahadev opened his third eye. Due to the heat generated, his sweat drops fell on the ground. And since Mahadev's normal eyes were closed, the sweat drops became a blind child. Parvati brought him up as her own son.
And now... HIranyaksha, the demon killed by Lord Varaha... This comes before his death ok?
So HIranyaksha prayed to Mahadev and asked him for a son. Mahadev promptly took Andhaka and gave it to HIranyaksha.
When both Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakashipu died, Prahlada's other brothers (Anuhlada, Samhlada and Hlada) teased  A-ndhaka about his blindness. So Prahlada -told him to worship -L-o-rd -Brahma and ask him for boon. So Andhaka started Tapasya. In the meantime, Prahlada's brothers died in some Devasura war and Prahlada got Moksha, and his son Virochana was not yet king. So Lord Brahma appeared and restored Andhaka's sight. Andhaka asked him the boon of being killed ONLY if he lusted his mom. Brahma said, "Okay" and disappeared as usual.

Now Andhaka became very powerful and defeated the devas (once again, as usual) and decided to conquer Kailash. There he saw Parvati (his mom) and wanted to marry her. She said no.
Andhaka got furious and atacked Kailash. At that time Lord SHiva had gone somewhere (I think to fulfil some BHakta's wish). res res

sorry to say this...but d shiva purana does not mention such a story...actually, its nt sure whether d original purana had it or was tis story added later...debate continues among historians...but most believe tat story was added later...so, for ME...d original shiv purana does not mention andhaka!!!!

Oh god. Wildcat, (what is your real name?), Shiva Purana and many other Puranas DO mention Andhaka.

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Well u can call me kjain n plz i have read shiv purana n many others but never heard the story of andhak its only popular as a folklore though some historians believe it to be true

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
In fact, Shiva Purana mentions 2 Andhakas - one is the son who was ultimately forgiven and made a gana, while the other was a midget asura like Raktabheej whose blood touching the ground would create new asuras, and whose blood Mahadev collected in a bowl to prevent it from spilling.

frosty

Goldie

frosty

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 6:08pm | IP Logged
I thought the names of ganesh's wives were riddhi and siddhi. Who is budhi?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Patthaaka.

wildcat1994

wildcat1994

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 12:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

In fact, Shiva Purana mentions 2 Andhakas - one is the son who was ultimately forgiven and made a gana, while the other was a midget asura like Raktabheej whose blood touching the ground would create new asuras, and whose blood Mahadev collected in a bowl to prevent it from spilling.

the shiv purana i read is ancient n ancestral...it does not mention any andhak...forget two!!! n according to my grand-mom that purana should be of around the 9th century!!!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top