Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
it doesn't have sanskrit slokas...n for d record...most of d slokas r written in PRAKRIT not SANSKRIT...but have been translated...also, bcoz...d two languages r pretty similar, it hardly makes any diff!!!!
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

That is not my question.πŸ˜†
My question is did Samudra Mathana happen at the time of Sati or Parvati?

Samudra manthan happened during d tym of parvati...she was also called dakshayani coz she considered daksh as her father as well as hem...also, she was d re-born SATI...so, she was referred to as sati too!!! uma, durga, bavani r all one n d same n are more popular as parvati then sati!!!!
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: wildcat1994

Samudra manthan happened during d tym of parvati...she was also called dakshayani coz she considered daksh as her father as well as hem...also, she was d re-born SATI...so, she was referred to as sati too!!! uma, durga, bavani r all one n d same n are more popular as parvati then sati!!!!

Oh, that way. Ok thanks for answering!😊
wildcat1994 thumbnail
welcome...but plz don't get confused with names as it is our ancesestors who wrote d puranas had a habbit of confusing ppl with naming a single person with 100 or more names!!! listing them all is almost impossible..it will require a  database as huge as d one of GOOGLEπŸ˜†
wildcat1994 thumbnail
hey...anyone haerd of tis NAMADA being shiva's daughtter story?? coz i haven't n its not mentioned in d shiv puranas too...any ideas???
Originally posted by: wildcat1994

hey...anyone haerd of tis NAMADA being shiva's daughtter story?? coz i haven't n its not mentioned in d shiv puranas too...any ideas???

It is not exactly daughter... you can say, like a female Ansh, like Jalandhar.
When Lord Shiva was meditating in the Amarakantaka hills, he strained himself so hard in that heat that he started sweating and the sweat of Shiva is what we now call the Narmada river. (I know, Yuck, right?)
Because she appeared from Lord Shiva she is called his daughter. Like Andhaka. Then again you don't accept the Andhaka story...
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
With Andhaka, both Shiva and Parvati were involved - Parvati blindfolding Shiva and making him sweat.  That way, both of them were involved in his creation, so he was their son.

In case of Jalandhar and Narmada, there was no Parvati involved, so that's probably why they'd be considered his ansh and not his offspring.
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

With Andhaka, both Shiva and Parvati were involved - Parvati blindfolding Shiva and making him sweat.  That way, both of them were involved in his creation, so he was their son.

In case of Jalandhar and Narmada, there was no Parvati involved, so that's probably why they'd be considered his ansh and not his offspring.

this comes as news to me coz i have nvr heard abt NARMADA as his daughter...i doubt she is even part of the puranas, upanishads!!!!!!πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Is there any story related to Mahadev After Christ  means A.C ???

Any story after  the year 0001 ???

These all stories are Before Christ  B.C !!

Please Reply if you know. πŸ˜›
Originally posted by: Proud-India

Is there any story related to Mahadev After Christ  means A.C ???

Any story after  the year 0001 ???

These all stories are Before Christ  B.C !!

Please Reply if you know. πŸ˜›

SO many stories!
There are stories of his temples, and of the Nayanmar saints.. many Tamil saints only I know. (Sorry I don't know about any Hindi Shaivaite Saints).
But the Nayanmars were 63 saints from different sects of life who all worshipped Shiva and attained Moksha.